Sponsored by:

15 Road Glide Windshield

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2014, 09:37 PM
RoadsterGlide
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default 15 Road Glide Windshield

Has anybody with a 15 Road Glide thought about changing out their stock windshield? I just bought mine a few weeks ago and don't have enough miles on it to really make a decision, but it's a winter mod I've been thinking about. Probably won't make a decision until the 1000 mile break-in service...just need more time in the saddle.

I think Windvest and Klockwerks are the only ones out so far with a 15 RG shield. I'm sure other vendors will be along soon enough. The stock is 8" long with a 7" vertical height from the top of the front vent, so I seem to see over it OK since I'm 5'7" with the stock saddle...I'm not unhappy with it. The Klockwerks is 14" long, with 9" vertical. One of the Windvest options is 10" long, but I don't know what the vertical is...will email them about it.

I kept the stock on my 2 previous Street Glides, so no real comparison with a RG, but then again I wear a full face helmet, so it helps with air flow.

Just a winter mod I'm thinking about...wondering if others are considering it too.

Ron

Old 11-24-2014, 06:55 AM
trhayes76
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Freedom Shields just release their 2015 RG shields. Email them from the website and John will help you with sizing/questions.

I just ordered mine and can't wait for it to come in...

freedomshields.net

Old 11-24-2014, 07:21 AM
Travler
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I put a regular 15" HD shield on mine before it left the dealership. Ended up cutting it down to about 12". Been very happy with it ... Of course YMMV.....

Old 11-24-2014, 11:49 AM
Deer Stalker
Road Master
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I like the look of the new 14" from KW - it's expensive doing an import here but I have a trip to the States coming up...

Old 11-24-2014, 01:23 PM
Webo
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Klock Werks for the win!!!!

Old 11-24-2014, 02:59 PM
Bunker
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 493 Likes on 314 Posts

I have both Klock Werks and will be ordering the Windvest soon (was supposed to get it last week but I'm a slacker)

I like the Pro Touring (the tall one) for protection but at 6'1" I am just at the spot where I'm not above or below the top of the screen so I get distortion and it drives me nuts so I switched to the Sport Flare (shorter version) which is better than the stock for sure but still not perfect. I do like it a lot though and it looks super cool beans!

I still haven't decided on a seat and that may change my ride height which could change the Pro Touring and of course I plan to give the Windvest a look also.

Old 11-24-2014, 03:10 PM
oakmossy
Road Warrior
Received 77 Likes on 66 Posts

Wait for LRS ( assuming they will offer a RG shield) . Great shields.. great prices.. and selection.

Old 11-24-2014, 03:34 PM
firemeat
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

At 6'5" I like the look of the sport. HD wind splitter 12"was a slight improvement over stock, but still not going to work. I REALLY hope the sport flare is going to work out for me. I don't want to go with the bigger pro touring.

Old 11-25-2014, 10:00 AM
KGSloan
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i am 6'1" and the sport flare works very well except in big crosswinds (but what shield is good in crosswinds?)

I also wear a full face helmet, the air stream hits the very top of my lid.

IMO, it's as good of protection as the HD 15.5" windshield - and looks a heck of a lot cooler

Old 11-25-2014, 12:28 PM
Deer Stalker
Road Master
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Unhappy

That's a bloody nice looking scoot you have there ^^^^^^ KGSloan

Any chance of a picture of you seated on it (with a helmet on to cover you if req) so that I can gauge the eye line? We don't get demos over here so it's buy it, import it and suck it and see...

Quick Reply: 15 Road Glide Windshield