Sponsored by:

Best Full Face Helmet to use the Boom Headset

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2015, 06:51 PM
zoozoo
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 31,632 Likes on 8,459 Posts

Originally Posted by dh_meyer
I bought the CL-17 through Rezvilla - cant return it once the headset has been mounted - leaves a mark. (Yes, I called them.)

I'm very limited in helmet choices as I need a very large size. After much searching, I found the HJC-CL17 in 5X, so I bought it. Overall the helmet fits, but not with the headset speakers.

I had considered the HD Modular, which goes up to 5X (also happens to be made by HJC), but was concerned about reports of it being noisy (maybe that would not be the case behind a fairing ?).

So back to the original question: Looking for suggestions on how to position the speakers in a HJC-CL17.......... but I would also welcome input from people who have the HD modular helmet (approx $185), in terms of headset speaker compatibility as well as the amount wind noise.
Of course you can't return an item if you leave marks or remove stickers. I think the OP wants to see if headphones will fit in ear pockets of a helmet. No need to attach headset to do that.

Old 09-10-2015, 10:58 PM
Tripleshot
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why in the hell doesn't the MOCO provide a helmet that uses their speakers and mic? T made the Rushmore based on customer input. Why don't they listen to the customers about helmets that accept comfortably the ear speakers and mic they provide with every touring bike they sell? This has always pissed me off and I gave up on full face helmets because I wear a half helmet with the helmetless headset and mic they sell at every dealership. I can hear great with those setups. I just sacrifice my head in case of going down. Come on Harley, FIX THIS !!!

Old 09-11-2015, 12:14 AM
Deer Stalker
Road Master
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Another one for Shoei as they have deep ear sockets, I have a Neotec

When I had an Ultra with the headphones set up I also made it easier by getting thinner speakers by this mob and worked well

http://imcmoto.com/products/harley-d...icrophone.html

Old 09-11-2015, 12:07 PM
zoozoo
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 31,632 Likes on 8,459 Posts

Originally Posted by Tripleshot
Why in the hell doesn't the MOCO provide a helmet that uses their speakers and mic? T made the Rushmore based on customer input. Why don't they listen to the customers about helmets that accept comfortably the ear speakers and mic they provide with every touring bike they sell? This has always pissed me off and I gave up on full face helmets because I wear a half helmet with the helmetless headset and mic they sell at every dealership. I can hear great with those setups. I just sacrifice my head in case of going down. Come on Harley, FIX THIS !!!
It is amazing isn't it. I don't know for sure who makes HD helmets but it wouldn't be hard for the MOCO to demand that the company who makes them would provide the appropriate amount of room for the headset speakers. This is not rocket science.

Old 09-11-2015, 01:34 PM
HDultralowGA
Cruiser
Received 41 Likes on 26 Posts

My wife and I purchased helmets on what we felt like were several areas of importance, whether the speakers fit inside or not was not on that list.

After the purchase we realize that should have been #1 on the list. UGH!!!

Old 09-11-2015, 01:40 PM
SecondGear
Road Captain
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I use a Shark Evoline on a daily basis with the headset.

What I love about the helmet is that it converts from a 3/4 helmet to a full face. On cold or rainy days, I'll start in full face model and when it warms/stops raining, I switch back to a 3/4 helmet.

I've actually converted while riding a few times but now I wait until a stop light.

Old 09-13-2015, 10:13 AM
emu309
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Arai RXQ

The Harley headset fits perfectly into the Arai RXQ without any helmet modifications. From a comfort point of view, you won't know it's there.

Old 09-13-2015, 04:38 PM
Just Me
Road Warrior
Received 91 Likes on 77 Posts

Question is, how the hell can you stand to where a full face helmet??
I'd stay home and watch Gilligan's Island before I'd do that.

Old 09-13-2015, 04:42 PM
p51bombay
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Just Me
Depends what you are used to, I tried on an open face once and I think it may have stayed on my head about 15 seconds before I put it down and never thought of one again.

Old 09-13-2015, 05:00 PM
MikeyTX
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 198 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by Just Me
Funny. More and more riders are wearing a full coverage helmet now days. In fact, down here in TX damn near all the Banditos do. Even in 100 deg. plus weather.

Quick Reply: Best Full Face Helmet to use the Boom Headset