Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best Full Face Helmet to use the Boom Headset

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2014, 11:05 AM
SecondGear
Road Captain
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I have the Shark Evoline helmet with the boom installed. I love starting the morning when it's cold in full face and then swapping on the fly to a 3/4 config.

Old 11-23-2014, 07:31 AM
LOTL
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by roadglider1
Shoei Neotech modular.
+1 for the Neotech. I installed the Sena bluetooth setup in mine and it has the pockets for the speakers. I went with the internal boom and its completely inside the helmet. Everyones head is different, so what may work for one, wont feel comfortable to someone else. I had to do a little modding of the helmet around the edges of the speaker cutouts as there were some pressure points that were getting uncomfortable after a long ride. Nice helmet but not cheap.

Got the wife the Nolan outlaw for pretty cheap. Its one of the better rated helmets out there. No issues at all with getting the speakers installed in hers but there seems to be more wind noise with the Nolan coming through the boom mic than with my Shoei. Could be just be the way it fits her. Not that big a deal unless we leave the mics hot for long periods.

Old 12-17-2014, 06:04 PM
Devo6684
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After some research I too purchased a Shoei Neotech. Should have it by Saturday. I am looking frward to the anti fogging shield and the reduction in noise compared to my HJC modular. It is not cheap, but I may be more inclined to wear the helmet.

Old 12-18-2014, 10:16 AM
CoachKG
Advanced

+1 on the Shoei J-Cruise but the anti fog shield is a must. The cutouts for the speaker pods work well. For me, it wasn't easy choosing between the Neotech and the J-Cruise. I figured the latter was an easier transition from the 1/2 helmets I wore for the last decade.

Old 09-10-2015, 11:40 AM
dh_meyer
Road Captain
Received 92 Likes on 59 Posts

Has anyone installed the headset speakers (the HD set that came with the Limited) in a HJC CL-17 ? I cant seem to find a position that is comfortable.

On my older CL-15, it was a breeze to find a spot to put the speakers. I dont know if the new helmet is narrow in this area ? Or maybe I need to let the new helmet cheek pads 'wear in' a bit ?

Once I mounted the headset, I lost the ability to return it, so hope I can make this work.

Last edited by dh_meyer; 09-10-2015 at 11:43 AM.
Old 09-10-2015, 12:16 PM
RG Pilot
Road Warrior
Received 301 Likes on 217 Posts

Shoei Neotech modular with the HD standard headset works well. The mic tucks up through the bottom and is completely out of the way. Very comfortable helmet and super quiet too.

Old 09-10-2015, 12:21 PM
zoozoo
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 31,627 Likes on 8,459 Posts

I have the Shoei RJ Platinum-R helmet and the HD headphones fit perfect in the helmet. I assume it will with the full face helmets. I bought mine here:http://www.revzilla.com/shoei-helmets

If it doesn't work you can send it back for exchange or full refund.

Old 09-10-2015, 02:03 PM
minuteman58
Cruiser

Shoei GT-Air. Positioned right at my ear. Little snug.

Old 09-10-2015, 02:42 PM
dh_meyer
Road Captain
Received 92 Likes on 59 Posts

I bought the CL-17 through Rezvilla - cant return it once the headset has been mounted - leaves a mark. (Yes, I called them.)

I'm very limited in helmet choices as I need a very large size. After much searching, I found the HJC-CL17 in 5X, so I bought it. Overall the helmet fits, but not with the headset speakers.

I had considered the HD Modular, which goes up to 5X (also happens to be made by HJC), but was concerned about reports of it being noisy (maybe that would not be the case behind a fairing ?).

So back to the original question: Looking for suggestions on how to position the speakers in a HJC-CL17.......... but I would also welcome input from people who have the HD modular helmet (approx $185), in terms of headset speaker compatibility as well as the amount wind noise.

Old 09-10-2015, 03:10 PM
p51bombay
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by dh_meyer
I bought the CL-17 through Rezvilla - cant return it once the headset has been mounted - leaves a mark. (Yes, I called them.)

I'm very limited in helmet choices as I need a very large size. After much searching, I found the HJC-CL17 in 5X, so I bought it. Overall the helmet fits, but not with the headset speakers.

I had considered the HD Modular, which goes up to 5X (also happens to be made by HJC), but was concerned about reports of it being noisy (maybe that would not be the case behind a fairing ?).

So back to the original question: Looking for suggestions on how to position the speakers in a HJC-CL17.......... but I would also welcome input from people who have the HD modular helmet (approx $185), in terms of headset speaker compatibility as well as the amount wind noise.

You may want to look at an Arai - with the multiple shape shells offered by Arai you may find you can wear a much smaller helmet than you previously thought.

Quick Reply: Best Full Face Helmet to use the Boom Headset