Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best Full Face Helmet to use the Boom Headset

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2014, 03:42 PM
teedubya
Road Master
Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

I have an Arai Signet Q that I am going to install the headset in. I'd like to find a blutooth setup that will work but I'm not a very tech savy individual and don't want to get into all the additional stuff that may come with it.

Old 11-20-2014, 03:49 PM
rlrmcolo
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by p51bombay
what headset do you have? Can you post some photos of with the ear pads in and out and some of the mic fitted? I have an RXQ and would like something like that.
Was that meant for me or Choppie? I don't have one that I like yet.

Thanks everyone else, I will continue the search.

Old 11-20-2014, 04:17 PM
txm8de
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a Shoei and they work well with headsets. My favorite is the Harley modular full face. I uuse this on long road trips. I had a lot of cross winds going to the Lone Star Rally so switched the sound to the headet with the Harlyey helmet and it was a great ride on my '15 RGS.

Old 11-20-2014, 06:06 PM
p51bombay
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by rlrmcolo
Was that meant for me or Choppie? I don't have one that I like yet.

Thanks everyone else, I will continue the search.
for choppie since he has a headset fitted

Old 11-20-2014, 08:41 PM
rlrmcolo
Intermediate
Default Found an interesting solution

Rather than spend another $2-400 on a new helmet, especially since my wife really loves this new helmet that she got. SOOOOOOO I did some research, and found this. It worked like a charm. Because the wiring isn't exactly the same, I had to use two links. One for the process and one that showed exactly the wires we had. But I did it, we just tested it with in ear headphones and BOOOYAAAAA.

Feeling accomplished today.
This one shows the process:
http://www.doofclenas.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=135376

This one shows the wires as they are in the Boom headset. Leave yourself a few extra inches of wire, as I had to cut and strip twice.
http://www.explainthatstuff.com/howt...eadphones.html

Last edited by rlrmcolo; 11-21-2014 at 07:02 AM.
Old 11-20-2014, 08:42 PM
rlrmcolo
Intermediate

Originally Posted by teedubya
I have an Arai Signet Q that I am going to install the headset in. I'd like to find a blutooth setup that will work but I'm not a very tech savy individual and don't want to get into all the additional stuff that may come with it.
JUST FYI, I have heard that the bluetooth headsets aren't working with the Infotainment system.

Old 11-21-2014, 11:02 AM
VA_Larry
Road Captain
Received 123 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by teedubya
FYI. The HD Radio will not connect to a Bluetooth headset. The Bluetooth functions of the HD Radio is limited to audio in streaming and telephone control. The software to support an actual Bluetooth headset, such as the Sena or Scala, is just not there.

I have Sena headsets for my wife and I. We got them when we were riding a Road King. On my '15 Ultra Limited I'm only interested in using a microphone when on group rides and I need CB communication. For then I have an adapter and small microphone that I clip to my helmet and I use the fairing speakers to hear the CB.

Old 11-21-2014, 02:09 PM
bseberle
Cruiser

I ride with a Scorpion EX0900 Modular helmet. There were indentations for the earpieces; I had to cut the Styrofoam a little larger to recess the earpieces for the boom headset. The Chin bar flips up and down with no problem and the earpieces do not cause any issues. Plenty of room for the mike. Took me about 15 minutes to do the install.

Old 11-21-2014, 07:04 PM
TrapshooterBob
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Not a Full Face .... but the Shoei J-Cruise has special ear padding that when removed has pockets that fit speakers and the helmet liner is indented in this area. The J-Cruise is what I am looking at. My RF-1200 Shoei FF will in no way accomodate the speaker pucks!

Sitting on a 2014 Tri Glide, I think the J-Cruise will be just fine ... and the wine is a good color match for "Roxy".

Bob

Old 11-21-2014, 07:25 PM
roadglider1
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Shoei Neotech modular.

Quick Reply: Best Full Face Helmet to use the Boom Headset