Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which O2 sensor eliminator do you use?

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2014, 02:21 PM
danielillo
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which O2 sensor eliminator do you use?

Hi,

It looks like my dealer is having problems finding an oxygen sensor eliminator that doesn't show any code (or switched on the yellow light) in the new '14-'15 touring bikes.

Which ones do you use with your Rushmore bikes? Did they show any error code or switches on the motor-yellow light?

Thanks,

Daniel.

Old 11-19-2014, 02:28 PM
FinalShot
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Why did you eliminate your O2 sensors?

Old 11-19-2014, 02:42 PM
danielillo
Intermediate

I still didn't but I want because I use a decat header from a 2009 bike, sensors are located in the header head, very close to the motor so I'm getting error codes all the time (and I had to use an adapter because 2009 sensor holes were bigger than ours).

Using O2 eliminator will not only finish with these errors but also will allow me to work in open loop.

Thanks,

Daniel

Old 11-19-2014, 02:46 PM
FinalShot
Road Warrior

Strange, I have a decatted head pipe on a 14 RK without a tunner and a jackpot head, no cat on a 15 CVO limited with a tuner and I don't ever get any codes or CEL.

Are you running a tuner?
What other mods?
What are the specific error codes?
Are you sure that you got your O2 sensors back in the right pipe? This is a common error. The way that I remember it is the the black O2 connector is for the back O2 sensor.

Old 11-19-2014, 03:02 PM
Pine Tree

Received 1,964 Likes on 463 Posts

Originally Posted by danielillo
...Using O2 eliminator will not only finish with these errors but also will allow me to work in open loop...
Instead of putting on band-aids or trying to trick the system, why not just do it right and properly tune the bike for open loop?

Depending on how long your bike has been trying to deal with an altered exhaust and throwing codes, it's probably safe to say it's out of tune.

Might as well put a piece of tape over the check engine light or stop checking for codes and pretend that solved all your problems...

Old 11-19-2014, 03:13 PM
danielillo
Intermediate

Which head pipe did you decatted? If it's a 2010-up sensors are located where the cat is but in 2009 the sensors are located close to the cylinders so the temperature is quite different.

Also the sensors were bigger 18mm instead of 12mm, so I used an adapter like this one: http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/b...harley-exhaust but it seems the sensor is not long enough to work (and the working temperature is quite big, as I wrote before).

When I'm in a constant speed, yellow error light disappears but, as soon as I accelerate it is again there.

Bike is running great but I just would like to get rid of this yellow light in front of my eyes.

Old 11-19-2014, 03:13 PM
rooti
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds to me like you just put on the wrong pipe. My bike is tuned in open loop and I still have the original O2 sensors. The tune took them out of their range so they really don't do anything but there was no need to get rid of them and I have never thrown any codes.

Old 11-19-2014, 03:16 PM
Magnut1
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,711 Likes on 835 Posts

Look into a Thundermax by Zippers, they have the big sensors and they are live feedback. I put one on my 14 RK and added about 20 horse power. It runs real strong now. This will solve all your problems. I know they are expensive but I found one on ebay for $400 and man it is worth it. Oh and it Auto Tunes. Sweet

Old 11-19-2014, 03:16 PM
danielillo
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Pine Tree
Instead of putting on band-aids or trying to trick the system, why not just do it right and properly tune the bike for open loop?

Depending on how long your bike has been trying to deal with an altered exhaust and throwing codes, it's probably safe to say it's out of tune.

Might as well put a piece of tape over the check engine light or stop checking for codes and pretend that solved all your problems...
Tuning the bike for open loop is just what I did with my PV and, before using the "piece of tape" method (I must say I also thought about it in our last travel ) I would like to try with the O2 eliminator, just in case it appears any other error I will be warned by that light ;-)

Nobody uses 02 sensor eliminators in their 2014-2015 touring?

Last edited by danielillo; 11-19-2014 at 03:30 PM.
Old 11-19-2014, 03:54 PM
FinalShot
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by danielillo
Tuning the bike for open loop is just what I did with my PV and, before using the "piece of tape" method (I must say I also thought about it in our last travel ) I would like to try with the O2 eliminator, just in case it appears any other error I will be warned by that light ;-)

Nobody uses 02 sensor eliminators in their 2014-2015 touring?
Nobody that I know because they don't have to because they installed the correct pipe. Install the correct pipe or have the 12mm bungs added down stream where they should be and then tune your bike. You will never get a "good" tune with the heated narrow band O2 sensors in the 18mm non heated spots close to the heads. You can buy the caps to plug the 18mm holes when you move the sensors where they should be.

With the sensors out of the main stream, they are not reading correctly.

Quick Reply: Which O2 sensor eliminator do you use?