Sponsored by:

My Review of a Heated Hammock Seat on my 2014 FLHTK

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2014, 05:08 PM
Axegrinder
Tourer
Received 31 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Bigboyride
WOW that was a deal. I picked up my CVO Hammock off Craigslist from another state, and paid $725 with shipping. I thought I got a good deal, HAHA. Then I got the matching CVO drivers back rest from Kutter's. I am very happy with my set up.
The local shop has 30% off for black Friday. I think I am going to order the backrest..

Old 11-21-2014, 05:22 PM
ACLazer
Road Warrior
Received 77 Likes on 59 Posts

Kutter HD has them for $720 with free shipping

http://www.kutterharleyonline.com/pr...r-Touring-Seat

Old 11-21-2014, 05:24 PM
Bigboyride
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You should, it really helps with the comfort of the seat. Here is the CVO riders backrest that matches the seat. http://www.kutterharleyonline.com/ha...rider-52300224
It really matches well. It looks crooked in the pic but it's not.

Old 11-21-2014, 06:43 PM
rlrmcolo
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by scottt
Boy do I feel dumb: Rode into my dealership today to find my electrical harness connection for a heated seat. The service manager took my bike to the tech who had installed the XM Module and Garage door opener, he quickly showed us the location. He had nicely tucked the connector next to the left frame rail. Could not have been easier to find!!!! I took a shot showing the location. I pulled it out a bit so you could see the end. IMO, this is a great location for the harness, will be easy to hook up when ready.
Ha, when I said it looked like you were missing a wire, that was it. Glad you found it. Good luck.

Old 11-25-2014, 03:05 PM
scottt
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 164 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by rlrmcolo
Ha, when I said it looked like you were missing a wire, that was it. Glad you found it. Good luck.

I might be putting the horse before the cart; found a CVO owner that had sold his 2014 CVO Limited and still had the rider backrest, he had never used it, virtually brand new. I purchased it for $150 shipped to my home. Not much less than Kutter HD, but what I considered fair for new condition. Plus it helps out a fellow rider. He wanted $175, which was too much IMO.

Have not used a backrest in years, did not like it on my last bike, a 07. Now that I'm getting older ( over 60, grrrr ), I hope that it adds long haul comfort to my 14 Limited, all I need now is the backrest base, the CVO Hammock and CVO passenger backrest. Looking for a deal on a take off.......If not, it will be Kutter!

Old 11-27-2014, 08:59 AM
Scarz
Road Master
Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts

Another follow-up to the beginning of this tread. The Hammock seat arrived and has been installed. I also installed Khromewerks +2 bars. Did a test ride yesterday and found the only thing left to do is to move the backrest back one hole. I'll put at least 300 miles on it this weekend for a better test but the short ride yesterday let me know that I love the extra legroom the seat provides.

Attached Thumbnails My Review of a Heated Hammock Seat on my 2014 FLHTK-limited-002.jpg   My Review of a Heated Hammock Seat on my 2014 FLHTK-limited-003.jpg   My Review of a Heated Hammock Seat on my 2014 FLHTK-limited-005.jpg  
Old 11-27-2014, 09:27 AM
ACLazer
Road Warrior

Thanks for the update Scarz.

My Khrome Werks +2 bars are done and installed, I looked at them last night, and sat on the bike. They do have a real nice feel to them, I just have to pick up the bike at my Local Dealer. Weather here kinda sucks right now, but I may get a ride in on Sunday.

I am still going back and forth on the Heated Hammock Seat. The sides of the seat, where your outer butt cheeks are, seems to push me too far forward on my bike, and are a nut crusher. I've also read someplace on here that 14/15 Hammock Seats, and 08/13 Hammock seats are a little different, where as the older style seat does not push you as far forward, like the newer style does. Do you know anything about that?

I like my stock seat, and may just send it to MCC and have them move me back an inch, dual memory foam, and dual heat installed. I weigh around 245, have a 32 inseam, and 5'11" tall.

I have a Mustang Backrest, and have it adjusted, and modified it to my liking. It seems to me that all the HD ones are too think, and cut down on passenger room. The Mustang Pad is half as thick.

Last edited by ACLazer; 11-27-2014 at 09:35 AM.
Old 11-27-2014, 09:29 AM
scottt
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 164 Likes on 104 Posts

Congratulations on your Hammock seats. I may wait as long as Feb. to set my bike up. My CVO backrest arrives tomorrow, hopefully I will find a deal on a CVO Hammock, if not I will order from Kutter in Feb. Can't wait.

Old 11-27-2014, 12:21 PM
Copyless
Supporter
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ACLazer
I am still going back and forth on the Heated Hammock Seat. The sides of the seat, where your outer butt cheeks are, seems to push me too far forward on my bike, and are a nut crusher. I've also read someplace on here that 14/15 Hammock Seats, and 08/13 Hammock seats are a little different, where as the older style seat does not push you as far forward, like the newer style does. Do you know anything about that?

I have both of the Hammock seats you are talking about, and yes they are totally different. The '8/13 Rider/Pass Hammock sits back easily 1" and more like 1.5+". It is wider also, by about an inch or so, anyway, it will move you back more, and may sit slightly higher also.

Old 11-27-2014, 12:46 PM
ACLazer
Road Warrior

Thank you copyless. I really don't want to be up any higher, just back an inch, with heat. The pictures on the HD website look the same for both seats, so they must just be generic pics. I think you just made my mind up for me. I'll just send my stock seat out to MCC. I'll have them do the narrow mod, lower mod, back an inch, dual memory front and back, and add heat front and back. I'll have exactly what I want, for probably less money too.

Thanks again!

Quick Reply: My Review of a Heated Hammock Seat on my 2014 FLHTK