Sponsored by:

My Review of a Heated Hammock Seat on my 2014 FLHTK

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2014, 07:56 PM
scottt
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 164 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by Axegrinder
Thanks guys, I read the thread and my questions were answered about wiring. I just picked up a 2014 CVO limited seat and was wondering if it was a direct plug in or if I needed anything.. looks like I will be ordering the harness. The factory plug won't reach far enough to plug into the seat. BTW... The seat I picked up was a dealer take off for $300..

Couldn't pass that deal up..
I'm green with envey, you stole that seat. Now you need the matching tour pak backrest. I'm going with the regular heated Hammock.... Unless a deal like yours comes along, I've been looking.

Congrats, go buy a lottery ticket, you have the luck.

Old 11-20-2014, 08:18 PM
Axegrinder
Tourer
Received 31 Likes on 18 Posts

Would it be rubbing you nose in it to tell you that about a month ago I picked up CVO takeoff slipstream floorboards highway pegs brake pad and shift pads.. $150 for everything.... sometimes you just luck into stuff and I have been on a roll lately..

Old 11-20-2014, 08:23 PM
scottt
Outstanding HDF Member

Would it be rubbing you nose in it to tell you that about a month ago I picked up CVO takeoff slipstream floorboards highway pegs brake pad and shift pads.. $150 for everything.... sometimes you just luck into stuff and I have been on a roll lately..

Yes; you have me crying.....happy for ya. The slipstreams look great. You lucky ****!

Old 11-20-2014, 08:47 PM
rlrmcolo
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by scottt
Yes; you have me crying.....happy for ya. The slipstreams look great. You lucky ****!
Scott, hope you get the seat soon. I am on the 3rd day in a row of riding in 40 degree weather with only heated seat, grips, gloves, chaps, and then jeans, poly pro shirt, riding jacket, and either half or full face helmet. No issues at all. I have to say, the seat plays a big role in it. A warm *** and ***** can't be beat.

Old 11-21-2014, 08:29 AM
NDBadlands4-2
Extreme HDF Member
Received 67 Likes on 57 Posts

My dealer had a early Black Friday sale this week. 30% off all HD parts. At that point a $900 seat becomes a $600 seat. At that price, I could not say no. Looking forward to riding this spring in warmth.

Old 11-21-2014, 08:37 AM
scottt
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by NDBadlands4-2
My dealer had a early Black Friday sale this week. 30% off all HD parts. At that point a $900 seat becomes a $600 seat. At that price, I could not say no. Looking forward to riding this spring in warmth.
You guys are killing me!!!!!

Congratulations!!!

Old 11-21-2014, 12:30 PM
scottt
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by rlrmcolo
It would go on the far end, where you would originally connect the seat. That way you can split to two items. At least that's how I read it. I suppose if you put it at the other end you would just have to buy two of the adapters that you use for the seat alone. Just might make it messy under that cover but would give you more "line length" to reach other devices. But for me, I would use it as a splitter to the end of the adapter. Hope that makes sense. I am only part of the way through my coffee today.

Boy do I feel dumb: Rode into my dealership today to find my electrical harness connection for a heated seat. The service manager took my bike to the tech who had installed the XM Module and Garage door opener, he quickly showed us the location. He had nicely tucked the connector next to the left frame rail. Could not have been easier to find!!!! I took a shot showing the location. I pulled it out a bit so you could see the end. IMO, this is a great location for the harness, will be easy to hook up when ready.

Attached Thumbnails My Review of a Heated Hammock Seat on my 2014 FLHTK-heated-seat-plug-001.jpg  
Old 11-21-2014, 01:01 PM
Bigboyride
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks guys, I read the thread and my questions were answered about wiring. I just picked up a 2014 CVO limited seat and was wondering if it was a direct plug in or if I needed anything.. looks like I will be ordering the harness. The factory plug won't reach far enough to plug into the seat. BTW... The seat I picked up was a dealer take off for $300..

Couldn't pass that deal up..
WOW that was a deal. I picked up my CVO Hammock off Craigslist from another state, and paid $725 with shipping. I thought I got a good deal, HAHA. Then I got the matching CVO drivers back rest from Kutter's. I am very happy with my set up.

Old 11-21-2014, 01:29 PM
scottt
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Bigboyride
WOW that was a deal. I picked up my CVO Hammock off Craigslist from another state, and paid $725 with shipping. I thought I got a good deal, HAHA. Then I got the matching CVO drivers back rest from Kutter's. I am very happy with my set up.
Outside of cosmetics, do you feel their is much difference between the CVO Hammock and the regular heated Hammock? Congratulations on your deal

Old 11-21-2014, 02:08 PM
Bigboyride
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like the way that the thigh area feels on the CVO seat. I'm not really sure why as you can see from the picture, they look to be the same width in the thigh area.

The CVO seat is on the left. Also the CVO has leather inserts which seems to breathe better.

Quick Reply: My Review of a Heated Hammock Seat on my 2014 FLHTK