Sponsored by:

My Review of a Heated Hammock Seat on my 2014 FLHTK

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2014, 10:20 AM
scottt
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 164 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by Scarz
A follow-up to the beginning of this tread.
My test on a Road Zeppelin didn't work out, plus I didn't like how wide it looked on the bike. Its like putting an overstuffed chair on the bike.
So... I've decided to go with the heated Hammock and new bars. The added leg room and comfort is too good to pass on.
Congratulations. I was pleasantly surprised when I first saw the heated Hammock, makes the stock Limited seat look real cheap. It fits the bike and me perfectly. Going to take a nice ride today but feel confident that this is the seat for me.

The hardest part is going to be waiting for my dealer to have a good sale. I want to pay the Kutter HD price, $720. I try being loyal to my dealer, sometimes its hard.

By the way; don't know if other dealers do this but my dealer charged me a fully refundable $250 to demo the heated Hammock seat. I get a full refund upon returning the seat. Hope others don't run into the same bull.

Old 11-18-2014, 10:29 AM
ACLazer
Road Warrior
Received 77 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Scarz
I'm going to order KhromeWerks +2 Bagger Sweepers #300518.
Off topic, sorry, but Scarz, I'm looking at the same Sweeper bars. Do you know anyone that installed them, and do they like them? Does it require any extended hoses or wires?

http://www.khromewerks.com/SWEEPER-B...1029-1276.html

I was looking real hard at the Hammock, but I've decided to send my stock 14 Limited seat to Mean City Cycles to have dual Memory Foam added, back one inch, lower and narrow mod, and heat added to front and rear. They have done 3 seats for me in the past, and real happy with them.

Old 11-18-2014, 11:13 AM
CADguy
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ACLazer
Off topic, sorry, but Scarz, I'm looking at the same Sweeper bars. Do you know anyone that installed them, and do they like them? Does it require any extended hoses or wires?

http://www.khromewerks.com/SWEEPER-B...1029-1276.html
ACL,

I ran them on my 06 Road Glide and really, really like them. Came back and up to a perfect height and put your wrists in a a perfect position IMHO.

I didn't have to change out anything on those bars, but maybe you would need the Namz wire extensions for the new bikes??

Old 11-18-2014, 11:16 AM
ACLazer
Road Warrior
Received 77 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by CADguy
ACL,

I ran them on my 06 Road Glide and really, really like them. Came back and up to a perfect height and put your wrists in a a perfect position IMHO.

I didn't have to change out anything on those bars, but maybe you would need the Namz wire extensions for the new bikes??
Thank you! It says you may or may not have to extend wires in the specs. Dennis Kirk had one pair on hand with Free Shipping, I just bought them.

I'll let you guys know when I do the install.

Old 11-18-2014, 11:31 AM
CADguy
Road Captain

Originally Posted by ACLazer
Thank you! It says you may or may not have to extend wires in the specs. Dennis Kirk had one pair on hand with Free Shipping, I just bought them.

I'll let you guys know when I do the install.
Awesome, let us know how they fit and feel. I'm thinking of putting a set on my SGS. Don't forget pics!

Old 11-18-2014, 12:22 PM
scottt
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by rlrmcolo
Scott, in pic 4, you have a black wire with a white tag on it. That is plugged into a grey plug. It is fed through exactly as mine is. That is your adapter. So you do have it. Find where that black plastic set of wires goes under your seat, that's where you are plugging in to. It should have the female side that you need, as well as 3 loose wires
http://www.harley-davidson.com/store...ion-update-kit
That white sticker should have the number 69200722. So follow that through to under your seat and you should find the connector that you need for the seat. Plug and play then.

If that sticker on the black wire that you see plugged into the grey plug in picture 4 has a different number, you don't have the right part. But I assume you have the right stuff, you just need to find the other end of it.
The wire harness has 69200723. Looks like they used a different harness when they installed the other accessories. At this point, I am going back to my dealer. At least I now know what is under the left cover.

Thanks again for everything

Old 11-18-2014, 01:03 PM
scottt
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by scottt
The wire harness has 69200723. Looks like they used a different harness when they installed the other accessories. At this point, I am going back to my dealer. At least I now know what is under the left cover.

Thanks again for everything

Contacted my dealer; he pulled a 69200722 wiring harness out of the box, the wiring harness itself had the number 69200723 on it, just like mine. Posting so anyone checking the harness number does not think they have the wrong part number, as I did.

Old 11-18-2014, 01:58 PM
knewt5
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What a great thread!!!!!

No one taking shots ant another poster who knew less than them about something. Great, helpful posts and a solid review!

Old 11-18-2014, 03:01 PM
etstrine
Tourer

Originally Posted by rlrmcolo
Scott, also, I found this in case your adapter plug is already taken for something else. It's a splitter.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/app-c...ts/-J01544.PDF
rlrmcolo, I would just like to take a moment and commend you on your contribution to this thread. Very concise and detailed pictures to boot. Great job helping out a fellow rider.

Earl

Old 11-18-2014, 04:59 PM
rlrmcolo
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scott Hammock Seat adapter

So Scott, just to be clear, you have the right part then correct? Again, if it's the right part and it's already connected to something, you will just need the splitter I referenced earlier. Then you should be fine.

Earl, thanks for that, and I will be bummed if the threads start to turn sour when someone is just reviewing items and asking questions. That said, I am new to the HD world, so we will see how it goes. I was a Yamaha RSTD guy for many years and just converted to the 14' Ultra Limited that I have now. I have been extremely pleased with it so far. That said, I can tell that the owners manuals are not written by geeks like me that like all of the info, such as the wiring harness config, or many other little things I have noticed so far. No one can even tell me what kind of things besides lights you could use the ACC blanks for, such as a garage door opener or something.

Either way, so far I have found the HD Forums very helpful for someone new to this world. Good luck Scott.

Quick Reply: My Review of a Heated Hammock Seat on my 2014 FLHTK