Sponsored by:

My Review of a Heated Hammock Seat on my 2014 FLHTK

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2014, 06:20 PM
Candubrain
Road Master
Received 209 Likes on 113 Posts

Just a heads up

I don't know if they have made changes to the Hammock seat since 2010, but for me when I had one on my 2010 Limited, the foam got soft after one season of riding. After an hour or so, you felt like you were sitting on the seat pan.

I'm only 205lbs, so I doubt if that did it. Or I may have had a dud, I know no one else with one to compare or ask.

Old 11-17-2014, 06:30 PM
scottt
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 164 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by rlrmcolo
Good review. I just bought and installed mine the other day. It was part of the deal when I bought my bike. The mrs. and daughter required it. Some additional thoughts. Scott, to answer your question, the instructions SUCK. I pulled my seat off and stared at the cabling for like 15-20 min before my friends at Outpost HD stepped in to help me. The connection is on the left side as you sit on it. Right where the trickle charging harness is. Pull off the seat, then pull off the saddle bags, then pull off the plastic shield and right there is the wiring harness. You then need to feed it back up through to the seat area to ensure you don't pinch the wires. Pretty easy from there. I also noticed that it gets VERY hot in the max heat mode (switch up). I have used it 2 times already and can say that I haven't experienced any of the body placement issues as the OP. It fits me well and seats me comfortably on the bike. Hope that helps.

I really appreciate the feedback. Went down to my dealer today and picked up a Rushmore heated Hammock demo seat. I am going to post quite a few photos showing all the details.

1. First thing I noticed was the firmer foam and higher quality stitching over the stock seat, I also prefer the freedom of movement this seat gives me vs the stock seat. Overall it fits me very well. I am 6' and 225lbs with a 32 inseam. My stock handlebars feel perfect.

2. Took the bike on a short ride and loved the way it feels, kind of strange riding over man holes and not bouncing.

3. Now my issue; I cannot figure out where the electrical plug is for the seat. I have been told that my bike has the accessory harness? I pulled the left cover and found nothing? Please look at my photos and tell me if you see the harness.

Photos include: pix taken of the Hammock next to the stock seat, a side shot of the seat on the bike showing the lower profile, my wiring under the seat and wiring under the left cover. I hope someone can see what I am missing.

Took a short ride today, taking a longer one tomorrow with the wife to see how the seat feels after riding several hours. My first impression is that it's the one I want. Compared it to the CVO Limited seat and felt this seat was pretty darn close, for me, the CVO Hammock would not be worth the extra dough, especially when you consider the tour pak back rest purchase required to make things match.

Any help anyone can give, looking at my photos is greatly appreciated!

Attached Thumbnails My Review of a Heated Hammock Seat on my 2014 FLHTK-hammock-heated-seat-002.jpg   My Review of a Heated Hammock Seat on my 2014 FLHTK-hammock-heated-seat-004.jpg   My Review of a Heated Hammock Seat on my 2014 FLHTK-hammock-heated-seat-003.jpg   My Review of a Heated Hammock Seat on my 2014 FLHTK-hammock-heated-seat-005.jpg   My Review of a Heated Hammock Seat on my 2014 FLHTK-hammock-heated-seat-006.jpg  

Old 11-17-2014, 06:54 PM
J929626
Road Master
Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

The white plug in the 4th picture looks like the auxiliary connector. Just above it should have been your Data Link connector. Follow the wire to the other end.

I doubt that they installed the Touring Electrical Connection Update Kit-69200722 with your XM module, it is not needed for that. They may have installed it at the same time for another purpose.

Old 11-17-2014, 07:06 PM
Bigboyride
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The description for the connector is as follows:
Harness plugs into accessory connector to provide 12 volt power leads. Required to install Heated Grips, XM® Radio, Cruiser Amp & Speaker Systems, zumo GPS, Digital Oil Pressure Gauge, Garage Door Opener Kits, Heated Seats and Decorative Lighting on '14 Touring and Trike models.
Maybe they put it on for the Garage Door Opener or for the XM module, or both??

Old 11-17-2014, 07:08 PM
scottt
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by J929626
The white plug in the 4th picture looks like the auxiliary connector. Just above it should have been your Data Link connector. Follow the wire to the other end.

I doubt that they installed the Touring Electrical Connection Update Kit-69200722 with your XM module, it is not needed for that. They may have installed it at the same time for another purpose.
Thank you; if I am reading you right, the reason I cannot find the connection is because it is not there?

Makes me wonder what they used that Electrical Connection Update Kit for, if anything ( other than charging me for it ).

Old 11-17-2014, 07:11 PM
J929626
Road Master
Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

I believe that the connector is the white one in your picture and the accessory plug is plugged into it. I don't see the data link connector. Do you have a flash tuner on your bike?

They probably used the accessory connector for the garage door opener.

Old 11-17-2014, 07:13 PM
scottt
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Bigboyride
The description for the connector is as follows:
Harness plugs into accessory connector to provide 12 volt power leads. Required to install Heated Grips, XM® Radio, Cruiser Amp & Speaker Systems, zumo GPS, Digital Oil Pressure Gauge, Garage Door Opener Kits, Heated Seats and Decorative Lighting on '14 Touring and Trike models.
Maybe they put it on for the Garage Door Opener or for the XM module, or both??
I hate to say it; Once I buy the seat I will have them install. My dealer installed the garage door opener and the XM module, now they can add the heated seat connection.

Old 11-17-2014, 07:15 PM
rlrmcolo
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scott Hammock Seat adapter

Scott, in pic 4, you have a black wire with a white tag on it. That is plugged into a grey plug. It is fed through exactly as mine is. That is your adapter. So you do have it. Find where that black plastic set of wires goes under your seat, that's where you are plugging in to. It should have the female side that you need, as well as 3 loose wires
http://www.harley-davidson.com/store...ion-update-kit
That white sticker should have the number 69200722. So follow that through to under your seat and you should find the connector that you need for the seat. Plug and play then.

If that sticker on the black wire that you see plugged into the grey plug in picture 4 has a different number, you don't have the right part. But I assume you have the right stuff, you just need to find the other end of it.

Old 11-17-2014, 07:16 PM
scottt
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by J929626
I believe that the connector is the white one in your picture and the accessory plug is plugged into it. I don't see the data link connector. Do you have a flash tuner on your bike?

They probably used the accessory connector for the garage door opener.
I had them do the stage one flash when I changed the air cleaner and mufflers.

Old 11-17-2014, 07:18 PM
scottt
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by rlrmcolo
Scott, in pic 4, you have a black wire with a white tag on it. That is plugged into a grey plug. It is fed through exactly as mine is. That is your adapter. So you do have it. Find where that black plastic set of wires goes under your seat, that's where you are plugging in to. It should have the female side that you need, as well as 3 loose wires
http://www.harley-davidson.com/store...ion-update-kit
That white sticker should have the number 69200722. So follow that through to under your seat and you should find the connector that you need for the seat. Plug and play then.

If that sticker on the black wire that you see plugged into the grey plug in picture 4 has a different number, you don't have the right part. But I assume you have the right stuff, you just need to find the other end of it.
Thanks a million; I will check it out in the morning.

Quick Reply: My Review of a Heated Hammock Seat on my 2014 FLHTK