My Review of a Heated Hammock Seat on my 2014 FLHTK

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2014, 08:39 PM
ACLazer
Road Warrior
Received 77 Likes on 59 Posts

Scott listed them here:

This is the site I used: http://www.surdyke.com/Index.asp

It appears they raised prices today to something less than 20% off. The dealer that is real close to yesterdays Surdyke prices is Kutter Harley Davidson.

http://www.kutterharleyonline.com/h-d

The CVO Limited heated Hammock seat is what I ordered. The main differences between the CVO Hammock and the regular heated Hammock is a little more padding and real Leather on the seat surface. The seat sides are still vinyl. For me, it was worth the extra cost. At Kutter, the Leather CVO Hammock seat price is $986, shipped ( I paid $951.50 at Surdyke yesterday ). They do not collect taxes. The price for the vinyl Hammock is $720 at Kutter. For me, the real Leather seat is worth the extra $266 ( at Kutter ).
The cost for the real Leather CVO passenger tour pak passenger back rest that also matches the CVO seat is $353, also at Kutter ( I paid $341.00 at Surdyke ) . I paid roughly $50 less yesterday with Surdyke during their black Friday sale. Today, Saturday, it appears Kutter has the best prices......If you want the matching CVO Leather rider backrest, it's $181 at Kutter. You would then have the entire setup shown on a new CVO Limited.

The part number for the heated Leather CVO Hammock is: 52000083 (I ordered)
The part number for the heated vinyl Hammock is: 52000177
The part number for the CVO Leather matching passenger tour pak backrest is: 52300225 (I ordered)
The part number for the CVO Leather rider backrest is: 52300224

IMHO, The CVO Leather seat and tour pak backrest is only worth the extra cost if you plan on keeping your bike long term and if you are looking for top of the line Hammock comfort. Leather IMO is more comfortable than Vinyl. Using Kutter, it cost an extra $619 to go with both CVO Leather parts vs. going with the vinyl heated Hammock only. If having the seat cover material not matching perfectly with the passenger backrest, you could always just go with the CVO Leather seat for $266 over the vinyl seat.

Hope this helps, I did a ton of research, That includes going to my local dealership and placing there heated Hammock demo on my bike for a day. The added comfort of the Hammock sold me on making the switch. Unfortunately, my local dealer would not come close to the prices I was able to secure online.

Old 12-15-2014, 04:29 AM
CVOLEO
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ACLazer
Scott listed them here:

This is the site I used: http://www.surdyke.com/Index.asp

It appears they raised prices today to something less than 20% off. The dealer that is real close to yesterdays Surdyke prices is Kutter Harley Davidson.

http://www.kutterharleyonline.com/h-d

The CVO Limited heated Hammock seat is what I ordered. The main differences between the CVO Hammock and the regular heated Hammock is a little more padding and real Leather on the seat surface. The seat sides are still vinyl. For me, it was worth the extra cost. At Kutter, the Leather CVO Hammock seat price is $986, shipped ( I paid $951.50 at Surdyke yesterday ). They do not collect taxes. The price for the vinyl Hammock is $720 at Kutter. For me, the real Leather seat is worth the extra $266 ( at Kutter ).
The cost for the real Leather CVO passenger tour pak passenger back rest that also matches the CVO seat is $353, also at Kutter ( I paid $341.00 at Surdyke ) . I paid roughly $50 less yesterday with Surdyke during their black Friday sale. Today, Saturday, it appears Kutter has the best prices......If you want the matching CVO Leather rider backrest, it's $181 at Kutter. You would then have the entire setup shown on a new CVO Limited.

The part number for the heated Leather CVO Hammock is: 52000083 (I ordered)
The part number for the heated vinyl Hammock is: 52000177
The part number for the CVO Leather matching passenger tour pak backrest is: 52300225 (I ordered)
The part number for the CVO Leather rider backrest is: 52300224

IMHO, The CVO Leather seat and tour pak backrest is only worth the extra cost if you plan on keeping your bike long term and if you are looking for top of the line Hammock comfort. Leather IMO is more comfortable than Vinyl. Using Kutter, it cost an extra $619 to go with both CVO Leather parts vs. going with the vinyl heated Hammock only. If having the seat cover material not matching perfectly with the passenger backrest, you could always just go with the CVO Leather seat for $266 over the vinyl seat.

Hope this helps, I did a ton of research, That includes going to my local dealership and placing there heated Hammock demo on my bike for a day. The added comfort of the Hammock sold me on making the switch. Unfortunately, my local dealer would not come close to the prices I was able to secure online.

This is a HUGE help. Thanks!

Old 12-15-2014, 02:33 PM
scottt
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 164 Likes on 104 Posts

Finally Received my new CVO heated Hammock seat and matching passenger CVO tour pak backrest. I purchased the CVO matching rider backrest from a guy that had sold his 2014 CVO Limited. Shipping took forever, Dec. 4 till the 15th.

I love the way they look and feel. I can tell that the seat feels a bit taller, it definitely has more padding than the non CVO heated Hammock seat. The leather feels real nice. The seat and passenger backrest are made in the USA. The regular Limited tour pak passenger backrest is the same inner structure as the CVO part, the only difference is the covering.

The only thing I noticed that has me mildly concerned is the rate the seat heats, at least sitting in my garage. Raining pretty good outside when I hit the high heat and waited a few minutes it only got mildly warm. It appears to take some time for the seat to really heat up, I also wonder if it takes riding, higher RPM to heat it up. If anyone has had experience with this issue, please let me know.

I will post a few photos so those thinking about the setup can see how it looks. Note: I included a pix of the CVO Hammock seat next to my original Limited seat and the CVO matching passenger backrest next to the stock part.
I am very happy, its a snap to install.

Attached Thumbnails My Review of a Heated Hammock Seat on my 2014 FLHTK-cvo-seat-010.jpg   My Review of a Heated Hammock Seat on my 2014 FLHTK-cvo-seat-013.jpg   My Review of a Heated Hammock Seat on my 2014 FLHTK-cvo-seat-021.jpg   My Review of a Heated Hammock Seat on my 2014 FLHTK-cvo-seat-005.jpg   My Review of a Heated Hammock Seat on my 2014 FLHTK-cvo-seat-008.jpg  

Old 12-15-2014, 04:39 PM
ACLazer
Road Warrior
Received 77 Likes on 59 Posts

WOW, that looks awesome Scott, congrats, nice ride too.

Old 12-15-2014, 04:53 PM
p51bombay
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I've sat on a CVO LTD a few times and like the seat but am not sure about the height or perceived height due to the thigh area seemingly being thicker making the ground harder to reach. I have no issues with the stock seat and could probably make due with tat CVO seat but do you have any thoughts as to if it is higher, if so by how much, or do you think it just pushes your feet further apart making it seem higher.

Old 12-15-2014, 05:09 PM
Bigboyride
Tourer

Originally Posted by scottt
Finally Received my new CVO heated Hammock seat and matching passenger CVO tour pak backrest. I purchased the CVO matching rider backrest from a guy that had sold his 2014 CVO Limited. Shipping took forever, Dec. 4 till the 15th.

I love the way they look and feel. I can tell that the seat feels a bit taller, it definitely has more padding than the non CVO heated Hammock seat. The leather feels real nice. The seat and passenger backrest are made in the USA. The regular Limited tour pak passenger backrest is the same inner structure as the CVO part, the only difference is the covering.

The only thing I noticed that has me mildly concerned is the rate the seat heats, at least sitting in my garage. Raining pretty good outside when I hit the high heat and waited a few minutes it only got mildly warm. It appears to take some time for the seat to really heat up, I also wonder if it takes riding, higher RPM to heat it up. If anyone has had experience with this issue, please let me know.

I will post a few photos so those thinking about the setup can see how it looks. Note: I included a pix of the CVO Hammock seat next to my original Limited seat and the CVO matching passenger backrest next to the stock part.
I am very happy, its a snap to install.
That looks great on your bike. As far as the heating goes, I have used it twice and both times had to turn it off after about 20 minutes. It gets toasty..

Old 12-15-2014, 05:13 PM
Bigboyride
Tourer

Originally Posted by p51bombay
I've sat on a CVO LTD a few times and like the seat but am not sure about the height or perceived height due to the thigh area seemingly being thicker making the ground harder to reach. I have no issues with the stock seat and could probably make due with tat CVO seat but do you have any thoughts as to if it is higher, if so by how much, or do you think it just pushes your feet further apart making it seem higher.
I will say that if you look up the ride height on both bikes, the Limited and the CVO, it's listed as the same. It feels like you are sitting higher with the CVO seat compared to where the windshield hits my line of sight. I don't have trouble reaching the ground with either seat, but you are right that the thigh area is better padded.

Old 12-15-2014, 05:59 PM
scottt
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by p51bombay
I think you are correct. I am 6ft and the seat feels close to my height limit, I would not want it any higher. If you are concerned, I would recommend the regular heated Hammock seat. I demoed that seat and it felt a little lower. It's a nice seat. I simply wanted leather.

Old 12-15-2014, 06:11 PM
p51bombay
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by scottt
I think you are correct. I am 6ft and the seat feels close to my height limit, I would not want it any higher. If you are concerned, I would recommend the regular heated Hammock seat. I demoed that seat and it felt a little lower. It's a nice seat. I simply wanted leather.

Isn't the standard one cut (shaped) different? Mostly, what i like about the CVO seat is the shape and feel, I really could care less if it has heat/leather or not. I was going to try an unheated one at the dealer but the one they had was mis boxed.........tried to put it on the bike at the mounting tab was several inches from where it should have been, almost looked like a super reduced reach seat for I don't know what.

Old 12-15-2014, 06:11 PM
scottt
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Bigboyride
That looks great on your bike. As far as the heating goes, I have used it twice and both times had to turn it off after about 20 minutes. It gets toasty..
I think I need to test the seats heat by riding it, just need the rain to stop. I tested the seat with the bike idling in my garage.

Quick Reply: My Review of a Heated Hammock Seat on my 2014 FLHTK