Sponsored by:

My Review of a Heated Hammock Seat on my 2014 FLHTK

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2014, 06:20 PM
ACLazer
Road Warrior
Received 77 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Copyless
Have you talked with MCC about making adjustments to your seat? I ask this because unless they have changed their way of doing some seats (which is possible, because I haven't had a seat done by them in about 3yrs now), they will not make changes to the Hammock seat. If you have talked to them and know that they now do make changes, please post it here so that I may see it, I have ask them a couple of times about my original Hammock, so if they now will work on them, I want to get some work done. Thanks, Oh and yes those are the pics of the seats, and as you can see, the older one is wider and lets you get back farther.

Thanks for the response copyless. No, I have no spoken to MCC about this particular seat. They have done several seats for me in the past, at least 6 or 8 for myself and a buddy. If they won't touch it, that's okay too. There is a Local Upholstery Shop 3 blocks from my house, that does custom car interiors, I'm SURE they would do it for me. I've known the owner for many years, I grew up with him.

I've read here that the 14/15 CVO seat does set you back some then the stock 14 Limited seat does. I guess I'll just wait and see how it feels once installed, and address it then. I may not even need MCC.

I'm not a fan of the 08-13 CVO Seat myself, totally different then the 14/15 CVO Seat. No lower back support, too wide which will push my thighs outward, and it looks like it puts the rider much higher on the bike, then the 14/15 seats do.

I'll give everyone my honest opinion on the CVO seat, once I install it and ride the bike.

Thanks

Old 12-03-2014, 08:38 PM
scottt
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 164 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by Bigboyride
Scott, you are going to be very happy with the sitting position of the CVO Hammock. It does sit us back, actually feels just a little more than the regular Hammock. I will be interested to see if you feel the same. I was happy with my set up until I heard you ordered the CVO passenger backrest also. Now after looking at many CVO pics, I have ordered the pass backrest also. HaHa Merry Christmas to me!!
When you receive your passenger backrest, please let us know how the installation goes. I have the same cvo backrest on order, seems like its going to be awhile before mine is delivered. Thank you

Old 12-03-2014, 08:46 PM
Bigboyride
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by scottt
When you receive your passenger backrest, please let us know how the installation goes. I have the same cvo backrest on order, seems like its going to be awhile before mine is delivered. Thank you
I will, I ordered mine from Kutter and just got an email today saying that mine will ship 12/8. Usually it's delivered only 3 days delivery after they ship. I'll let you know as soon as I get it. Looking forward to it as the original looks so plain next to the CVO Hammock and Driver Backrest. Man how spoiled we get!!

Old 12-04-2014, 09:34 AM
Dynamite17
Road Captain
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Heated Seat & 2014 Road King

Deleted Post

Originally Posted by Scarz
Yesterday I was at the dealership waiting to ride with other members of my HOG chapter when I noticed many demo seats hanging on the wall in the service dept. I asked to test the heated hammock and they were able to install it before the ride. It was 34 when we started out so timing of the demo was very good.
The heat was welcome and worked very well.
A lot of threads discuss the height of the seat in relation to the stock seat. I didn't notice a significant difference. I am 5-11, 195lbs, with a 32" inseam. I am able to sit with both feet flat on the ground.
The significant difference for me was how it set me back from the bars. The extra leg room was certainly welcome but the reach for the bars not so much. The dealership installed the seat with my adjustable backrest in place. Because the backrest was placed where I like it while riding, all was very good except for the look of the installation, see pics. So I swapped out my adjustable backrest for my old standard backrest. Today I rode it with this setup. The change closed the gap, but the backrest could not be adjusted for where I needed it to be while comfortably reaching for the grips without slumping.
Overall, IMO, the Hammock is the best seat Harley Davidson offers, but I need a backrest and would prefer not to have to change out the bars so that I'm not over reaching.
This week I'll be giving a Road Zeppelin a test. Won't have heat, but I'm hoping for comfort with the adjustable backrest.

Last edited by Dynamite17; 02-02-2015 at 05:48 PM.
Old 12-08-2014, 08:22 PM
ACLazer
Road Warrior

My CVO seat arrived today. It does seem very well made, and has nice padding compared to the stock seat too.

I'll give you my honest opinion once I install it, and get a good ride in

Attached Thumbnails My Review of a Heated Hammock Seat on my 2014 FLHTK-seat1208141857a_resized.jpg  
Old 12-08-2014, 10:43 PM
scottt
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by ACLazer
My CVO seat arrived today. It does seem very well made, and has nice padding compared to the stock seat too.

Looks GREAT! ..mine is scheduled to arrive Wednesday, just in time for Northern California's big storm.

Old 12-09-2014, 05:43 PM
Axegrinder
Tourer
Received 31 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by ACLazer

That is where I am at too...Installed it now just waiting for a chance to ride it. Sitting on the bike it does put me up a bit higher which I don't need as I am only 5'8" and has a bit more girth to it but I think it will be MUCH more comfortable on trips for both my wife and I.

Old 12-09-2014, 07:52 PM
scottt
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Axegrinder
That is where I am at too...Installed it now just waiting for a chance to ride it. Sitting on the bike it does put me up a bit higher which I don't need as I am only 5'8" and has a bit more girth to it but I think it will be MUCH more comfortable on trips for both my wife and I.
I have read several owner reports that claim the Hammock seats settle down with time and use. Makes sense that the hammock part of the seat would stretch a bit.

Old 12-11-2014, 06:36 PM
ACLazer
Road Warrior

Got my seat mounted last night, it was a snap. I removed the seat, left saddlebag, and left side cover. Then I removed the 2 top screws that were holding the electrical accessory panel on, that is under the left side cover. Then I fished the jumper harness through the square hole on top and down, then through the space on top of the accessory panel, and plugged the jumper harness in. Works great, and I hope to take a ride Sunday. Kinda cold here right now though.

Old 12-12-2014, 03:54 PM
Bigboyride
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I got my CVO passenger backrest in on Wed and finally had time to install it today. Big improvement as it now matches the rest.

Before

After

Last edited by Bigboyride; 12-12-2014 at 03:59 PM.

Quick Reply: My Review of a Heated Hammock Seat on my 2014 FLHTK