Sponsored by:

Cornerstone ESP?

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2014, 01:04 PM
jpalm
Road Captain
Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Cornerstone ESP?

Does anyone have experience with this company? Apparently HD put a stop to the interstate sales of their extended warranties, so now Kutter HD is selling the Cornerstone plans. There's only a couple of posts about them, but nothing detailed. I usually tend to look at that as a positive thing on an internet forum where people mostly go to complain instead of praise, but it would be nice to hear more experiences. Has anyone gotten/used one of these plans yet?

Old 11-16-2014, 09:13 PM
scottt
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 164 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by jpalm
Does anyone have experience with this company? Apparently HD put a stop to the interstate sales of their extended warranties, so now Kutter HD is selling the Cornerstone plans. There's only a couple of posts about them, but nothing detailed. I usually tend to look at that as a positive thing on an internet forum where people mostly go to complain instead of praise, but it would be nice to hear more experiences. Has anyone gotten/used one of these plans yet?
I noticed their offer on their web site. Claimed it would be accepted at all Harley dealerships. $0 deductible. Interesting.

Old 11-16-2014, 09:28 PM
FinalShot
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

I have not had it for a bike, but the wife bought it for a vehicle she owned years and years ago. They paid for a $2600 engine repair and had a rental car paid for too. It's an interesting product and cost a fraction of the one my HD dealer tried to sell me.

Old 11-16-2014, 09:36 PM
07JakeelwoodHD
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm very interested in this warranty I want a extended warranty but HD wants over 2G for there I had RPM for my 09 and didn't have any issues with warranty repair But never heard of this company....Joe

Old 11-18-2014, 04:32 PM
IUOE ROB
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 255 Likes on 182 Posts

Originally Posted by jpalm

Maybe go to a local independent repair shop that works on Harley's and ask them...I have a good indy shop I deal with, next time there I'll ask them, kinda curious myself!

Old 11-18-2014, 08:18 PM
scottt
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 164 Likes on 104 Posts

Here is the Kutter extended service contract link. Shows prices and coverage. Claims that the insurance is accepted at all Harley Davidson Dealerships with $0 Deductable. $0 deductible coverage for tires and wheels is a flat $325 for 6 years. Transferable to next owner during a private party sale.

Plan covers everything the factory warranty covered.

http://www.kutterharleyonline.com/page/487950172

Noticed that claims require pre-approval, I have heard that Harley's ESP is doing the same. I have heard that Harley's ESP is a little tougher on claim approvals than they were a few years ago.

Old 11-24-2014, 05:30 PM
BigEd04
Cruiser
Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

I got it. I had the HD one and the balance on it paid for most of the new one. I like the new one a lot better. No deductible and performance upgrades don't void the warranty. This is a huge advantage.

Both are just insurance policies. The HD is CNA and this is Cornerstone. Both reputable companies.

I've been dealing with Jim Palmer at Kutter for years and I trust him. He says it's solid coverage and I tend to believe him. Time will tell, but Jim's not likely to sell something that's not good. He's spent way to many years building a reputation and customer base all across the country.

Old 08-03-2015, 08:33 PM
BigEd04
Cruiser
Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

An update on Cornerstone. I also got the tire and wheel coverage from them. I think it cost an extra $350 or maybe a little less. 4th of July weekend I was headed out on a little road trip and already running late. I had parked the bike 2 weeks prior after an extended trip and headed out of town for work. Well, when I backed out of the garage it seemed to be a little hard to push and when I checked my tire pressure, about which I am religious, the back tire had zero pressure. I aired it up and it seemed to be holding so I limped it the back way too the dealer which is pretty close by...Sure enough I had picked up a screw somewhere. They had a tire in stock and changed it out reasonably quicky but when the service writer called Cornerstone we discovered they were closed on the weekend. Soooo, he documented everything on the invoice including tread depth measured in 4 places and I paid for the tire and left...well I should say they bent me over and then I left. $452 for a freakin tire. I'm thinking I'm gonna have a hell of a time getting this paid for. So I call Cornerstone the next day and they say make a copy of your contract and the invoice...send copy of contract and original of the invoice in. It took 3 weeks but the check just showed up. Paid in full, no questions asked. That's good stuff. I'm a happy camper. Kudo's to Jim Palmer at Kutter HD or what they are calling it now and Cornerstone. Nice, friendly people and no hassle customer service.

Old 08-04-2015, 08:07 PM
jpalm
Road Captain
Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Cornerstone ESP?

I just had a front tire changed because of a nail. Because they have never dealt with my local dealer they had the service writer photograph the bike, VIN, nail in the tire, and tread depth reading. He was a little aggravated and said that no warranty company has ever asked him to do that. I told him that I was sorry he had to do that, but the guilt I felt over it was assuaged by the $500 I saved by going with them. Cornerstone hadn't approved it as of the time I left, so I left my card number with the service writer and told him to charge me if there were any problems and I would take it up with Cornerstone later. It's been 5 days and no charge, so I assume everything went ok.