Sponsored by:

Loudest Duals out there?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2015, 12:01 PM
Betteroff
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dirtracin23
Or you can buy slip-ons with removeable baffles and take them out.
I did this as an experiment a few weeks ago. I have 3.25 slip ons. I removed the baffles. At idle it sounded super awesome. I could stand behind the bike and fee the concussion against my chest. But other than that, It sounded like crap once moving and lost a lot of low end torque.

Old 05-21-2015, 12:16 PM
2500hdon37s
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,586 Likes on 683 Posts

The real question is, do you just want loud or do you want it sound good and be loud? If you just want loud just have an exhaust shop get some pipe to slip in place of the mufflers and run just a 4in pipe without any sort of muffler. If you want it to sound good too and keep/ gain some performance any of the major brand 2-1-2 systems that get rid of the cat will give you what you need.

Old 05-21-2015, 09:05 PM
Gunner B
Cruiser

Do the Vance and Hines Power Duals have a Cat?

Old 05-21-2015, 09:33 PM
TcHunter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

OP, I have a sound clip of Cobra Power Ports and CFRs on my profile, stop in and take a listen not bad considering it was taking with a cell phone.

Old 05-21-2015, 10:20 PM
KMC1
Tourer
Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts

I don't like loud exhausts.

Old 05-22-2015, 07:36 AM
Boostn
Advanced

You should look into MGS True Duals. They are awesome with loud baffles!

The customer service is awesome, any problems, just give them a call and they will take care of you right away. I had little scuff/blemish on one of the black heat shields and they said it should be 100% perfect and sent me another one to replace right away.

mgscustombikes.com

Old 05-22-2015, 02:42 PM
Ganooch
Road Warrior
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

So funny how everyone's combo is the best and loudest.

I have Vance and Hines Dresser Duals (true duals no cat) paired with CFRs. Best sounding combo I have had. Plenty loud, but deep and unique tone. I have had them on for about 10 rides now. At least once a ride someone will come up to me and ask what I have. I guess CFRs aren't very common around here yet. A couple of my buddies already have sets on order after hearing mine.

Old 05-22-2015, 06:02 PM
ILLADELPHFATBOY
Cruiser
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Being as I have quite a few riding buddies with baggers, I have been able to hear the differences in many different exhaust set up's, and spent some time picking they're brains over choices in pipes. I've surmised that you just never really get that loud "CRACK" of the pipes upon opening up the throttle on the larger diameter pipes. I actually like the look of the larger pipes on my 2015 SGS, but they just don't do it for me sound wise. That being said, most of the guys I ride with ended up running the V&H long shots, which are true duals..

Now is the weird part: I tried to get them for my SGS and was told by my dealer and a few other's, that the V&H catalog doesn't list the long shot's for 14/15 touring models, yet my buddy has a set on his 14 CVO RK. Anyways, it would turn out later down the road that they do in fact make them, but they were mis-listed in catagory within that particular catalog....So I went with Cobra Speedster's, which are almost identical to the V&H pipes...they too are true duals, have the same diameter, and are a bit cheaper. Tell you what...they sound great, and man, do they really "crack" when you hop on the throttle! The fit and finish is quite impressive for the price, and upon much research ahead of time, i cant find anyone with a bad thing to say about that Cobra exhaust. There is a good YOU- Tube video of a guy driving ALL over with a rear mounted camera and mic...that video will give you a good idea of what they sound like when he merges on the highway. Hope this info helps...Just my own experience and 2 cents worth!

Old 05-22-2015, 07:33 PM
jerryt87
Road Master
Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Gunner B
Do the Vance and Hines Power Duals have a Cat?
Nope.

Old 05-22-2015, 07:38 PM
vtwinbmx
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You want loud and great performance? D&D fatcat why go true duels and loose low end torque? Best bang for the buck. And you can add a ghost pipe if you really want duel exhaust look

Quick Reply: Loudest Duals out there?