Sponsored by:

2015 RGS Prices

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2014 | 11:16 PM
Jeepin79
|
Road Master
Default 2015 RGS Prices

What has everyone paid for their new RG Specials? I have been talking to my local dealer about a black denim RGS and their first offer to me was $1200 off sticker as their "winter pricing". Just trying to see how much farther I can push them.

I still have to work on them about my trade in, I don't feel like 12200 is enough for my 09 SG but that's a whole different story.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Old 11-05-2014 | 08:20 AM
RJ111
Cruiser

I got 24k OTD on the first one off the truck with a docking kit and backrest thrown in.

They didn't charge any setup fees or shipping.

I would think you could do much better than that now.

Good luck, the bike is awesome.

Last edited by RJ111; 11-05-2014 at 10:22 PM.
Old 11-05-2014 | 08:31 AM
Jeepin79
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by RJ111
I got 24k OTD on the first one off the truck with a docking kit and backrest thrown in.

They didn't charge any setup fees or shipping.

I would think you could do much better than that now.

Good luck, the bike is awesome.
Thanks, I am hoping to get at least 2k off of the new one and get my trade up at least another $800. They are already playing the "how much do you want your payment to be" game but I know better.

Old 11-05-2014 | 10:59 AM
dirtracin23
Road Warrior

Check with Cash at Black Diamond HD in Marion, IL. I know you are in northern IL and they are in southern IL, but they deliver bikes all over the state. Located in a town with a population of just over 17000 and they are one of the top HD dealers in the country in sales, so they must be doing something right.

Old 11-05-2014 | 11:30 AM
Jeepin79
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by dirtracin23
Check with Cash at Black Diamond HD in Marion, IL. I know you are in northern IL and they are in southern IL, but they deliver bikes all over the state. Located in a town with a population of just over 17000 and they are one of the top HD dealers in the country in sales, so they must be doing something right.
Thanks, I will give them a call.

Old 11-05-2014 | 11:46 AM
Harleydaddy
Tourer

Paid 24,200 for mine. Yeah, I know its sticker. They weren't moving at all on these bikes, but I wanted it. They gave me a $1000 dealer gift card to use tho. Overall a good experience, I love the bike and I have no complaints!

Last edited by Harleydaddy; 11-24-2014 at 12:27 AM.
Old 11-05-2014 | 09:02 PM
scottt
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Harleydaddy
Paid 24,200 for mine. Yeah, I know its sticker. They weren't moving at all on these bikes, but I wanted it. They cave me a $1000 dealer gift card to use tho. Overall a good experience, I love the bike and I have no complaints!

Great looking bike, love your color choice.

I have always felt that a good deal is one that the buyer is happy with. Once you have made the deal, forget about it. Prices vary, depending on inventory levels, demand, area of the country the dealer location and the dealers motivation. All that really matters is that you are happy with the bike. You got the model / color you wanted and feel comfortable with the finances. If you keep the bike long term you will come out OK ( Relatively ). The only buyers that get clobbered are those that sell within a short window of time. Enjoy that new ride!!!

Old 11-05-2014 | 09:34 PM
Jeepin79
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by scottt
Great looking bike, love your color choice.

I have always felt that a good deal is one that the buyer is happy with. Once you have made the deal, forget about it. Prices vary, depending on inventory levels, demand, area of the country the dealer location and the dealers motivation. All that really matters is that you are happy with the bike. You got the model / color you wanted and feel comfortable with the finances. If you keep the bike long term you will come out OK ( Relatively ). The only buyers that get clobbered are those that sell within a short window of time. Enjoy that new ride!!!
I agree 100%. Just trying to get a feel for what everyone has been paying. In the end I have to be happy with the deal I get. That's all that really matters.

Old 11-23-2014 | 03:20 PM
Jeepin79
|
Road Master

Dealer called and they are willing to take 1500 off the RGS and give me 12700 for my trade. I think I am ready to make the deal, I don't know that I am going to be able to squeeze much more out of them at this point. Any thoughts?

Old 11-23-2014 | 05:33 PM
scottt
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Jeepin79
Dealer called and they are willing to take 1500 off the RGS and give me 12700 for my trade. I think I am ready to make the deal, I don't know that I am going to be able to squeeze much more out of them at this point. Any thoughts?
I think you are doing good; the number one issue IMO is having a trade-in. Most dealers have larger than normal inventories of Rushmore trade-in's. Most dealers are discounting the used bikes a bunch, just to sell them. A lot depends of course on your trade-ins condition and miles. If it's in average condition and average miles, I think you would have a fair deal.

You might counter with no dealer setup fee and no freight.

Quick Reply: 2015 RGS Prices