Sponsored by:

iPhone 6 Bluetooth Problems

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2014, 10:30 AM
Berreta92f
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default iPhone 6 Bluetooth Problems

Mine works great when plugged in with USB. But with Bluetooth, I can turn the volume all the way up and it equals 1 bar of what it should be... I can't even hear it at 35 miles an hour.

Anybody have any solutions for this? I'm stuck at the old version for the stereo, I'm one of the ones that can't update or I'll lose my maps.

Old 10-09-2014, 10:38 AM
RG Pilot
Road Warrior
Received 301 Likes on 217 Posts

I've heard that the current I6 has Bluetooth issues. When connected to Bluetooth in my car, the volume does whatever it wants to do at the time. There will be another update to correct version 8 no doubt. I haven't tried phone calls on the bike with my 6 yet but I expect the same thing.

Old 10-09-2014, 11:15 AM
bobros
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

make sure the volume on the iPhone is turned all the way up.

Old 10-09-2014, 11:30 AM
Berreta92f
Advanced

The volume is all the way up on the phone. I'm running 8.0.2, did the same thing with 8.0. Hopefully they will be releasing 8.1 soon, that may fix the problem. I don't think that it is a problem with the bike, although, bluetooth works fine in our Passat.

Old 10-09-2014, 01:16 PM
KMC1
Tourer
Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts

Since you're stuck on the old version of the software - it might actually be a problem with your infotainment system? You might try asking around and seeing if anyone could email you the update and seeing if that fixes it.

Old 10-09-2014, 03:05 PM
Berreta92f
Advanced

I tried to update it once... Lost my maps. Took it to the dealership, they tried with the same results. I've checked back regularly, last time I talked to them last week, they said they want to hold off until HD has a fix for it.

Old 10-09-2014, 07:53 PM
BigBrainBob
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Berreta92f
Mine works great when plugged in with USB. But with Bluetooth, I can turn the volume all the way up and it equals 1 bar of what it should be... I can't even hear it at 35 miles an hour.

Anybody have any solutions for this? I'm stuck at the old version for the stereo, I'm one of the ones that can't update or I'll lose my maps.
I think I remember reading that when a device is plugged in the bike's usb plug, that bluetooth does not work, neither streaming Pandora. However, if you have songs on your iPhone or other device, it will play those at bike's volume control.

Old 10-09-2014, 11:41 PM
MKennedy616
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

FWIW I have the Iphone 6 with 8.0.2 and the latest software on the bike too and my Bluetooth works great... Ever bit as loud as my thumb-drive I have plugged in.

Old 10-10-2014, 08:56 AM
offthewall
Stellar HDF Member
Received 84 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by MKennedy616
FWIW I have the Iphone 6 with 8.0.2 and the latest software on the bike too and my Bluetooth works great... Ever bit as loud as my thumb-drive I have plugged in.
Same here. IPhone 6 iOS 8.0.2. Infotainment v 1.17.4. Bluetooth audio is the same volume as radio, usb, etc. as loud as I can stand.

The OP has a unique issue not common with the iPhone 6.

Sent from my iPhone using IB AutoGroup

Old 10-10-2014, 09:01 AM
offthewall
Stellar HDF Member
Received 84 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by BigBrainBob
I think I remember reading that when a device is plugged in the bike's usb plug, that bluetooth does not work, neither streaming Pandora. However, if you have songs on your iPhone or other device, it will play those at bike's volume control.
With my iPhone 6, I can play Spotify, Pandora etc via Bluetooth while plugged in via usb. You just have to restart playback on the Bluetooth app again after plugging into USB. When you first plug in, the bike starts playing songs on the device(iPod mode). Just hit play again in the app and Bluetooth audio playback resumes. At full volume with complete bike control Sent from my iPhone using IB AutoGroup

Quick Reply: iPhone 6 Bluetooth Problems