Sponsored by:

Fuel Management

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2014, 12:14 AM
nicliv
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fuel Management

Has anyone used or know anything about the Cobra FI2000 PowerPro Auto tuner for the 2014's

Old 09-30-2014, 06:01 AM
SafetyMan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 81 Likes on 67 Posts

It's a piggy back unit, not really an auto tuner.

IMHO, steer clear. Do yourself a favor and look into a flash tuner, TTS, PV2 or FP3.

If what I've read is correct, the Cobra unit "relearns" every time you start the bike. My neighbor has one, one day it will run awesome, the next... well not so much.

Old 09-30-2014, 02:57 PM
nicliv
Cruiser

Originally Posted by SafetyMan
It's a piggy back unit, not really an auto tuner.

IMHO, steer clear. Do yourself a favor and look into a flash tuner, TTS, PV2 or FP3.

If what I've read is correct, the Cobra unit "relearns" every time you start the bike. My neighbor has one, one day it will run awesome, the next... well not so much.
Thanks

Old 10-01-2014, 12:19 AM
sfvas
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm pretty happy with the Vance Hines fuelpak 3. My mechanic swears by the cobra on older bikes but what I hv read on the newer ECM O2 bikes it's does not run as smoothly.

Old 10-01-2014, 08:36 AM
Bohacker
Road Master

Not sure what your long term plans are but if you think you will one go beyond a simple stage 1 you should seriously consider a more capable tuner like the PV2. Well built, the basic autotune works quite well, can run in a gauge mode where you can monitor various engine parameters and has a windows based program that let's you tweak some non engine parameters like the speedometer calibration. I love mine.

Old 10-02-2014, 09:04 AM
forteenglide
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fuel economy / Fullsac x pipe Kit

I just recently installed a Fullsac header "x"pipe and recored stock mufflers, used the tts tuner and SE Elite air cleaner on my 14 SGS with 1200 miles on it. the results are pretty staggering...my original range on a tank of fuel with the stock set up from the factory was 218 miles per tank, after using the fuel map and the parts described above mu fuel economy went to 291miles per tank...if you do some simple math and allow a little for fuel reserve on a 5.6 gallon tank...I am easily pushing 48MPG.

Steve and Cammy at Fullsac have dialed in this system, my mufflers are the 2" cores from Fullsac and sound awesome, the bike pulls like a freight train and the fuel economy was simply a bonus. It actually bothered me enough to call them and verify that the bike was not too LEAN. Word from Fullsac is that they have other customers that get similar mileage numbers on the 14's with the 103 Rushmore. I couldn't be happier..

Old 10-02-2014, 09:52 AM
Kevinch
Road Captain
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

I've only done a Stage I with an SE AF & SE Street Cannon mufflers; however my dealer pushed me to go with the SEST. I really waivered; the opinions here ran from run away to go ahead & do it. I decided to trust them & went with the SEST. I have no regrets. I didn't have it run on the dyno so I can't quote numbers, but I'm happy with the tune - I have no popping, I can't see any drop off in fuel consumption & the bike just flat out pulls & runs smooth.

Old 10-02-2014, 02:55 PM
nicliv
Cruiser

Originally Posted by forteenglide
I just recently installed a Fullsac header "x"pipe and recored stock mufflers, used the tts tuner and SE Elite air cleaner on my 14 SGS with 1200 miles on it. the results are pretty staggering...my original range on a tank of fuel with the stock set up from the factory was 218 miles per tank, after using the fuel map and the parts described above mu fuel economy went to 291miles per tank...if you do some simple math and allow a little for fuel reserve on a 5.6 gallon tank...I am easily pushing 48MPG.

Steve and Cammy at Fullsac have dialed in this system, my mufflers are the 2" cores from Fullsac and sound awesome, the bike pulls like a freight train and the fuel economy was simply a bonus. It actually bothered me enough to call them and verify that the bike was not too LEAN. Word from Fullsac is that they have other customers that get similar mileage numbers on the 14's with the 103 Rushmore. I couldn't be happier..
Thanks, that is awesome.

Old 10-02-2014, 02:59 PM
SafetyMan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 81 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by forteenglide
...if you do some simple math...
Are you doing the math, or are you believing what the computer tells your?

Old 10-02-2014, 03:26 PM
sixguns
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,480 Likes on 761 Posts

291 miles per tank? I might get 200 with 40 to go, but I run mostly freeway @80+

Quick Reply: Fuel Management