General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hagon Shocks

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2013, 12:28 AM
SquidHead
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Hagon Shocks

BLUF: Hagon Shocks USA is the best motorcycle/auto parts company I've ever dealt with...EVER!

I've been researching replacement shocks for my stock bouncy house. I get air off the seat every morning on my way to work, and although it scares the crap out of me, I accepted it as the cost of doing (Harley) business.

I was pretty much set on Progressives as a replacement until someone recommended Hagons in another post. I checked them out and noticed they were in my area code, so I called them. Christina asked me a bunch of questions about my height, weight, riding style, etc. Because I wanted something in black, that lowered my rear end 1/2 inch, and kept my butt in the saddle, she recommended I stop by their shop and take a look at what they have, and give them a chance to look over my bike before making a purchase.

3 hours later, I left with a set of custom fit 2810s, installed (with much difficulty because of my V&H exhaust), road tested, and adjusted for half the price of what I was planning to spend on Ricors or Progressives. I still can't get over the amount of time they spent making sure my shocks were just right before letting me pay them and be on my way. They even helped me figure out how to get around my V&H exhaust/foot peg problem.

I now have a slightly lower stance (both feet firmly flat on the ground) with much better handling on the bumpy freeways of SOCAL. It took the long way home and hit every pot hole I saw...never came out of the saddle. It doesn't feel like the same bike!

Thank you Hagon USA!

Pictures of the new shocks to follow.

Last edited by SquidHead; 03-23-2013 at 09:31 AM.
Old 03-25-2013, 01:33 AM
SquidHead
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default ABS vs. Footpeg

Here's a pic of the Hagon installed...notice no more passenger footpeg:

WARNING for anyone with a 2013 Dyna with ABS:

When I installed the V&H exhaust, it came with a passenger footpeg spacer that raised the peg about an inch. Some may remember my trouble with a "knocking" after I installed the exhaust where the footpeg mount had broken loose. I thought is was due to a poor install job on my part, but after installing these shocks and lowering my ride about 1/2 inch, I see a real problem with the ABS mounting bracket and passenger footpegs.

The ABS bracket protrudes out over the passenger footpeg mount. I don't have a great picture of it, but I circled the area in question:

That "bottoming out" I've been feeling now and then was the footpeg bracket hitting the ABS mount bracket. There's a nice shiny flat spot on the ABS from where it's been hitting. I'm lucky it didn't snap off of some of my vaults off the 5/805 split here in San Diego.

Lowering the rear end with the new shocks caused it to rub bracket on bracket as soon as I sat on the bike. (Thanks again to Christina and Bill at Hagon for helping me find and fix that problem).

Anyone with a 2013 Dyna with ABS ought to check clearance when lowering or installing a new exhaust (or in my case both). Without that ABS bracket, there appears to be a clear path of travel for the footpeg bracket, even with the extra spacer for the V&H exhaust. But with it, there's a design problem.

Luckily, my wife refuses to ride on back anyway, so I can live without the footpegs.