Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LA Choppers Twin Peaks

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2013, 05:04 PM
wot618
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did u have to get any extended cables or wiring?

Old 03-19-2013, 05:23 PM
bberck
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by wot618
Did u have to get any extended cables or wiring?
I was able to use the stock cables and wiring. I did buy the SE TBW to eliminate the clips but could of cut and soldered the stock one.

Wiring was long enough but did require rerouting in fairing.

Brake line was plenty long, just moved one zip tie.

Clutch needed to be rerouted and is a little tight but not to bad.

After a couple test rides I pulled the bars back a little more. I then raised the mirrors a little and they are now use able as well. Partially blocked but still better than a pair of small mirrors.

Name:  IMG_20130319_171346_011.jpg
Views: 3978
Size:  79.8 KB

Old 03-29-2013, 11:30 AM
MichiganMikey
Tourer

I finally pulled the trigger on a set of these bars as well. Hopefully I like them as much as you do. They look great!

Old 03-29-2013, 12:20 PM
blazink5
Road Master

Awesome job man. Looks killer.

Old 03-29-2013, 08:23 PM
bberck
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by MichiganMikey
I finally pulled the trigger on a set of these bars as well. Hopefully I like them as much as you do. They look great!
Got a few short rides in but weather has went bad again so no long test yet but feel good so far.

Chrome levers, switches, reservoir cover, and hardware came in so final pic

Name:  IMG_20130321_105105_281.jpg
Views: 6559
Size:  106.8 KB

Old 04-18-2013, 02:07 AM
MichiganMikey
Tourer

I finally got mine put on. They look and feel great! I fortunately didnt have any problems getting the wires through the bars with the stock TBW. The only problem i had was i couldnt get the wires stuffed in the hole far enough without pinching when the brake clamp was tightened down. I had to dremel out the hole a little further back toward the end of the bar. Not a big deal but just required a little mod. Did you have any problem with this? I LOVE THESE BARS!

Old 04-18-2013, 01:32 PM
bberck
Elite HDF Member

I finally got mine put on. They look and feel great! I fortunately didnt have any problems getting the wires through the bars with the stock TBW. The only problem i had was i couldnt get the wires stuffed in the hole far enough without pinching when the brake clamp was tightened down. I had to dremel out the hole a little further back toward the end of the bar. Not a big deal but just required a little mod. Did you have any problem with this? I LOVE THESE BARS!
Ya mine pinched on the brake side as well. I was able to adjust it but would of been nice if they were dimpled.

Old 04-18-2013, 05:02 PM
speedracer
Tourer
Default Great looking bar

I also have been looking at these along with the 8 inch LA chopper twin peaks. I would like to keep my fairing mounted mirrors so I think the 8 inch would be good but I can't find anyone who has used them to see how they feel.

Old 04-18-2013, 05:05 PM
bberck
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by speedracer
I also have been looking at these along with the 8 inch LA chopper twin peaks. I would like to keep my fairing mounted mirrors so I think the 8 inch would be good but I can't find anyone who has used them to see how they feel.
With the 10 inch pulled back and the mirrors raised a little I am using the fairing mirrors. They aren't as visible as stock but still better than a lot of mirrors.

Old 04-19-2013, 09:39 PM
bberck
Elite HDF Member

Along with the pinched wire it was causing my throttle to stick as well. Got both issues resolved but on this trip I just took the throttle started sticking again. I readjusted it And then it repinched the wire again.

So I took all apart today And busted out the dremmel as well. I basically dimpled the right aide off the wire hole. Everything works great now.

Quick Reply: LA Choppers Twin Peaks