Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Trike Lift or Jack

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2010, 10:09 PM
agntjim
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

msocko3 - Regarding your lift - is that the Handy B.O.B. 1500 w/ Trike Extensions that you have in the picture? I've been looking around at several different manufacturers. What made you and your dad pick Handy?

Did you all get you Christmas shopping done this weekend? I'm DONE!! Now, just have to have Santa get me a lift table. I've been good!

Old 11-28-2010, 01:14 AM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by agntjim
msocko3 - Regarding your lift - is that the Handy B.O.B. 1500 w/ Trike Extensions that you have in the picture? I've been looking around at several different manufacturers. What made you and your dad pick Handy?

Did you all get you Christmas shopping done this weekend? I'm DONE!! Now, just have to have Santa get me a lift table. I've been good!
Yes that is the Handy BOB 1500 with the trike extensions. We choose the Handy because it is built like a brick outhouse. We were able to see one at the dealers and was impressed at how stout they are built.

I plan on getting some Christmas shopping done this coming week, hope to put a good sized dent in it.

Old 11-28-2010, 07:57 AM
agntjim
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

msocko3 - Thanks, I thought it looked like the Handy B.O.B., and you answered what was going to be my next question, i.e., what you thought of the construction. Also seems like they're priced right too.

Keep shopping and buying, someone has to get the economy moving - I'm trying to do my part, hey, it's only money, right?

Old 11-28-2010, 08:42 AM
coupe55
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Economics

msocko3 - Thanks, I thought it looked like the Handy B.O.B., and you answered what was going to be my next question, i.e., what you thought of the construction. Also seems like they're priced right too.

Keep shopping and buying, someone has to get the economy moving - I'm trying to do my part, hey, it's only money, right?

ain't never seen a Brink's Truck in a funeral procession or a trailer hitch on a hearse! Nothing more useless than the pockets on the suit they bury you in...

Nothing wrong with being a little frugal though!

Old 11-28-2010, 01:35 PM
oldmsocko
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by coupe55
ain't never seen a Brink's Truck in a funeral procession or a trailer hitch on a hearse! Nothing more useless than the pockets on the suit they bury you in...

+1 on the frugal but somehow I never get there.

Old 11-28-2010, 03:38 PM
azbob09
Tourer
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

That's a good one, I got to remember that one!
It makes this old mortician laugh...

Old 11-29-2010, 12:45 AM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

There you go again using that politically correct word for Cheap.

Old 11-29-2010, 02:27 PM
coupe55
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default PC

Originally Posted by msocko3
There you go again using that politically correct word for Cheap.
Yea! Kind of set myself up for that one. They say I am the reason they quit making the buffalo nickel, I was squeezing them so hard letting them go spca had to step in...

Old 11-29-2010, 05:59 PM
TheJimer
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ideas, thoughts, reviews regarding lifts and or jacks you use for personal use in your garage? A jac will give me access to removing wheels, but of course lift is much more stable. Anyone using a Pitbull jack? (they show trikes on their lifts) How stable? Recommendations, thoughts, ideas all appreciated - jack or lift??

Happy Thanksgiving To All !!

ps 18 degrees tomorrow here in Chicago area
If you have the ceiling height in your garage, you may want to consider a car lift. Prices have fallen considerably and one can be had for about the same price of a MC lift.

For less than $50, I covered my auto lift to handle a car/truck or trike. IMO, it’s the best of both worlds’.

Jim

Attached Thumbnails Trike Lift or Jack-100_0196.jpg   Trike Lift or Jack-100_0197.jpg  
Old 11-29-2010, 06:15 PM
oldmsocko
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TheJimer
If you have the ceiling height in your garage, you may want to consider a car lift. Prices have fallen considerably and one can be had for about the same price of a MC lift.

For less than $50, I covered my auto lift to handle a car/truck or trike. IMO, it’s the best of both worlds’.

Jim
You are %100 correct. If I would have had the ceiling height that is exactly where I would have went.

Mike

Quick Reply: Trike Lift or Jack