Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Rear mud flaps trike

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2017 | 05:31 PM
cmc seabee
Cruiser
Veteran: Navy

Contact this guy. He makes mudflaps for the front or rear for most bikes, He made one for my 2010 Street Glide, and a set for the rear fenders on my 2015 Triglide.

The flaps are made out of really heavy leather and attach with industrial Velcro which is some tough stuff.

I had the front mudflap on my Street Glide for over 15000 miles before I traded it in on my trike. Gave the mudflap to my brother 2 years ago and he is still using it , and it looks great.

I think he charged me around $100.00 to make the set for the trike with chrome spots around the sides and bottom of them.

http://www.franksleatherproducts.com...s/NewItems.htm

Old 02-09-2017 | 08:57 AM
coronetracer65
Tourer

Originally Posted by cmc seabee
contact this guy. He makes mudflaps for the front or rear for most bikes, he made one for my 2010 street glide, and a set for the rear fenders on my 2015 triglide.

The flaps are made out of really heavy leather and attach with industrial velcro which is some tough stuff.

I had the front mudflap on my street glide for over 15000 miles before i traded it in on my trike. Gave the mudflap to my brother 2 years ago and he is still using it , and it looks great.

I think he charged me around $100.00 to make the set for the trike with chrome spots around the sides and bottom of them.

http://www.franksleatherproducts.com...s/newitems.htm
any pics of yours on the Trike ?

Old 02-10-2017 | 07:32 PM
cmc seabee
Cruiser
Veteran: Navy

Originally Posted by coronetracer65
any pics of yours on the Trike ?
Here you go. They are really well made and I'm happy with them plus I didn't have to drill holes in my fenders.

Old 03-08-2017 | 07:55 PM
Dmdrone
Cruiser

What did you clean the fenders with to make sure the Velcro stuck

Old 03-12-2017 | 09:29 AM
Bubba49
Road Master

Originally Posted by DK Custom
I wasn't sure that I needed, or wanted them. But after using them for over 30K miles, the benefits are keeping the rear fenders cleaner, not kicking stuff up, I really like the look, and probably most of all I like BEING SEEN Better by those around me on the road.

Regarding who's are best...well, I'm not the most objective..., but we feel we put together the best on the market.

See all pics and details HERE

Kevin,

How difficult are these mud flaps to install? I just bought a used 2014 TG and am thinking about purchasing a set of them, but I'm a non-mechanically inclined individual and don't want to bit off more than I can chew.

John C.

Old 03-12-2017 | 10:02 AM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor

Originally Posted by Bubba49
Kevin,

How difficult are these mud flaps to install? I just bought a used 2014 TG and am thinking about purchasing a set of them, but I'm a non-mechanically inclined individual and don't want to bit off more than I can chew.

John C.
Hi John,

Congrats on your "new to you" ride!

They are a straight-forward install. Drill, phillips screwdriver, & 1 socket are the only tools used.

Feel free to write us at Support@DKCustomProducts.com and we'll email you over a copy of the instructions.

Old 03-12-2017 | 11:29 AM
Oogie Wa Wa
Road Master

Originally Posted by Dmdrone
What did you clean the fenders with to make sure the Velcro stuck
I posted this in another thread the other day. The neighbor is an old-school body man and this is what he told me.

That 3M double sided automotive trim tape sticks really well, but good surface prep is important. Wash to remove dirt, rinse and dry well. Use a tack cloth (or just apply duct tape and pull it off) to get anything else there that might be stuck.

Then do the alcohol wipe and let it dry really well, you want it all evaporated. Then apply the velcro lightly to get it right, you can re-position it. And then push it down all over firmly. This is a necessary step, some bonding technical thing occurs but I can't remember what it's called, it's on their website. "Wetting" the surface, I think.

Finally, consider a small bead of silicon caulk all the way around to keep the elements from attacking the adhesive. It should be good for decades if you do all that, and it's not much extra work.

The following 2 users liked this post by Oogie Wa Wa:
Fearless (old nickname) (03-12-2017), Onramp (03-13-2017)
Old 12-12-2017 | 09:47 AM
Geary Thomas
Tourer

I cheated, I used the HD Flaps, hand painted in twisted cherry to match the bike, and then added the Kury Chrome.. nice.......

Old 12-13-2017 | 05:38 AM
frenchbiker
Elite HDF Member

I have the HD flaps and I liked them better than the Kuryakyn ones. I don't like Kury's chrome stuff. Looks gaudy to me. Just my opinion.

Old 12-15-2017 | 03:29 AM
Daytona Fat Boy
Road Warrior

My better half has had rear mud flaps on the 3 trikes she has ridden over the years. She put them on her first one after complaints of road debris being kicked up at the riders following behind her. She has always gone with the HD ones, as she likes the "clean" look and feels she has enough rear lighting with the CD set up.

Quick Reply: Rear mud flaps trike