Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

trike wheelies

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2015 | 04:37 PM
hardheaded
|
Seasoned HDF Member
Default trike wheelies

any pic's out there ?

Old 06-16-2015 | 06:46 AM
Postal Trucker
Cruiser

Kevin of DK Custom has some pic's and maybe a video on his '11. Just can't remember what thread he posted it in. Hopefully he may reply while on vacation.

Old 06-16-2015 | 09:38 PM
dirtdobber
Elite HDF Member

The freewheeler will pop the front wheel in the first 2 gears rather easy but wheelies I'm not interested in excepts seeing someone else do it.

Old 06-17-2015 | 12:11 AM
screwball
Outstanding HDF Member

Wheelies??? WHY?? Read any of the posts about the cost of replacing the drive belt??

Guess you could impress the hell out of power wheel chairs. Just can't get a handle on high speed mega-powerful wheelie doing trikes. Guess I'm just too old.

Old 06-17-2015 | 02:59 AM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor

Originally Posted by screwball
Wheelies??? WHY??
Cause they're fun!

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 07-24-2015 | 05:12 PM
hardheaded
|
Seasoned HDF Member

i knew someone would be doing it !

Old 07-24-2015 | 11:09 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor

Originally Posted by hardheaded
i knew someone would be doing it !
Previous pic I posted was on an '11.

Here is a pic and a video of wheelies on a '14

Click HERE to see video

Old 07-25-2015 | 02:53 PM
FuzzyWuzHe
Road Captain

I will admit I tried one before the new belt was installed (figured if it broke, so what, already scheduled to replace it under warranty) .. got the front wheel up, but it kinda shocked me how easy it came up and I let it slam a little on the down side. I'm guessing it only got up an inch or two, maybe a little more, really easy to get it up though.

Old 07-25-2015 | 06:05 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor

Originally Posted by FuzzyWuzHe
I will admit I tried one before the new belt was installed (figured if it broke, so what, already scheduled to replace it under warranty) .. got the front wheel up, but it kinda shocked me how easy it came up and I let it slam a little on the down side. I'm guessing it only got up an inch or two, maybe a little more, really easy to get it up though.
Yeah, you go up too far and it will scrap the bottom of your slip-ons or end-caps.

Over a period of time, I ground off a good 1.5 inches off the bottom of my Rush slip-ons that were on the '11.

On the '14, just doing the one big wheelie pictured above I scraped some pretty large gouges in polished billet end-caps...fortunately I had already decided to replace them.

Old 07-26-2015 | 04:58 AM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by FuzzyWuzHe
The other down side to wheelies can be blow fork seals if you set it down to hard. Fork seals don't like the big pressure spike when the forks are slammed back down. I had the front end up a couple times on the 2010 Triglide I had, both times I wasn't looking to do it. I was in 1st gear making a turn when car decided he was going to make the same turn. I snapped the throttle open and up come the front end. I set it down so I could steer to straighten out the trike from the turn, then snapped the throttle open again and up come the front end again.

On on my 06 Ultra, I'll pick the front end up a couple times a month. It doesn't take much with the 120" engine.

Quick Reply: trike wheelies