Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Tri Glide Fender Bras

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2015, 05:06 PM
Rick Tessandori
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tri Glide Fender Bras

Just got through installing my fender bras and noticed a future problem. The way they install on the outer corner they have a pocket that the corner of the fender fits into which is gaped open to collect water, dirt and whatever else anybody else noticed that and did something to close it up short of putting tape over it ? Or is this just on mine ? I will admit it's 20 degrees out there maybe it will close up when summer comes around ?

Old 01-13-2015, 07:30 PM
wingfoot
Road Captain
Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Rick,

First if your fenders are not already beat to hell take them off and get some 3M file or other clear protective file applied ASAP.

If like me (dumb ***) and waited too late. the bras will tighten up when it warms and you get them out in the sun. I am OK with them but if I could have a do over I would get 3M file applied the day I bought it.

Old 01-14-2015, 09:15 AM
bronxbill
Road Warrior

Received 469 Likes on 288 Posts

Mine does not gap, but I installed them in warm weather. I bought the tri used and it had a lot of chips in the fenders, the bra's were the cheapest way to go for me.

Old 01-14-2015, 09:56 AM
BinIdaho
Stellar HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

I also have the fender bras.....no gaps and definitely better looking than the 3M product (just my opinion). Mine were installed in warm weather and I don't remove them to wash TG.

Old 01-14-2015, 10:13 AM
screwball
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 102 Likes on 65 Posts

Put bras on wife's '09 Tri when we first bought it. Took them off a week later, she really didn't like the look. We ride our trikes a lot. Just like a car they will get a mark or a ding eventually, it just happens. Ride that thing, enjoy it! Just think of those bug blobs to a badge of use.

Old 01-14-2015, 12:57 PM
tenn.vol.
Road Captain
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

My Grandsons use some sort of Plasticote that the spray on and
it will just peel off. I may try this as I have some chips on the
fenders. I know they get it at the Auto parts store, Advance in
this area. I also think it comes in some colors, but all I have seen
is a semigloss black......tenn.

Old 01-14-2015, 01:30 PM
FuzzyWuzHe
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had the clear bra (3m) put on the fenders, side covers and the gap between the fenders and the body. On the pearl white, I'm hard pressed to see it unless I look close and sometimes I have to feel for it, but, I can see on darker colors where it would show more. My Kia Soul (Dark Grey) has the clear bra and it is really visible.

Old 01-15-2015, 01:00 AM
sloufoot
Received 4,089 Likes on 3,490 Posts

Originally Posted by FuzzyWuzHe
I had the clear bra (3m) put on the fenders, side covers and the gap between the fenders and the body. On the pearl white, I'm hard pressed to see it unless I look close and sometimes I have to feel for it, but, I can see on darker colors where it would show more. My Kia Soul (Dark Grey) has the clear bra and it is really visible.
This Trike has the 3M kit on it. I did it myself. Don't see it unless you are looking for it then you really have to look.

Old 01-15-2015, 05:44 AM
KJB
Tourer
Received 73 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by FuzzyWuzHe

If the installer does a good job it's hard to see on any color. Yes it is visible but not in an offending way that detracts from the appearance at least in my opinion. My right hand cover had a couple flaws in the original installation which made it quite noticeable. I had them redo it.

Old 01-15-2015, 08:47 AM
LKHA
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sloufoot
This Trike has the 3M kit on it. I did it myself. Don't see it unless you are looking for it then you really have to look.

What was the hardest part of installation

Quick Reply: Tri Glide Fender Bras