Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

HD Saddle Bags on the TriGlide?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2014, 11:47 PM
Oogie Wa Wa
Road Master
Received 389 Likes on 255 Posts

As an alternative (and we didn't have time to order the HD saddlebags before our big trip out west) that stores a lot of stuff and is removable, we put on a set of these bags. They are meant to go on an ATV fender. I mounded a couple of wide strap fittings to the inside front bottom of the fenders, and attached a wood block with grooves to straddle the chrome tubing on the fender rails, padded them where they touched the paint, and held the tops on with a bungee cord.

They each held quite a bit, like one bottom compartment held a handfull of bungee cords, a 20 oz water, the seat/backrest rain cover and a few other things; the top held my wallet while riding, wife's phone, sunglasses, sun block and a few other things. Easy to get to while on the road. NOT waterproof (I should have sprayed them with sealer, but the zippers would leak a little anyway.

My daughter checking out her mom's throne in Sacramento, right side bag. Note the luggage extension on the tour pack rack, too. Had a duffel bag there.

Old 10-06-2014, 02:00 PM
MontanaTrikers
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Had them on our first trike and when we got our 14 the wife had them ordered before I could even think about them. She loves them.

Old 10-15-2014, 07:41 PM
fmgsr
Road Master
Received 71 Likes on 54 Posts

How was the install ?

Old 10-15-2014, 08:28 PM
ZD
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

I put 'em on the 2011, but if I had it to do over again I'd come up with a different solution. They are pricey and not real durable. The flex hinge is ready to separate on one of them. They require some pretty invasive drilling that will forever require you replace them or do substantial body work if they should wear out.

I understand there are better solutions out there although I haven't looked into any. They have a 5 lb contents weight limit.

They were not fun to install!

Old 10-15-2014, 11:41 PM
bulkness
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm going to try this route. About $100.00 if you have the bags already. I'm having a set of the bags with water bottles setup to use. If anyone is interested I'll post pictures when I get them installed. This will be more to the end of the month or 1st part of November.

Attached Thumbnails HD Saddle Bags on the TriGlide?-tri-glide-saddlebags.jpg  
Old 10-16-2014, 11:20 AM
Tryker Dude
Tourer
Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by ZD
I put 'em on the 2011, but if I had it to do over again I'd come up with a different solution. They are pricey and not real durable. The flex hinge is ready to separate on one of them. They require some pretty invasive drilling that will forever require you replace them or do substantial body work if they should wear out.

I understand there are better solutions out there although I haven't looked into any. They have a 5 lb contents weight limit.

They were not fun to install!
ZD and anyone else wanting to know how to repair and/or upgrade the flimsy leather hinges read my previous post at the following link. It's on page 14 of this thread: https://www.hdforums.com/forum/tri-g...lebags-14.html