Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I need an education Harley police seat for my bike.. help

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2014 | 08:11 AM
Recycled
Road Captain

Some don't like the riding position of the police solo seat or the appearance. I have mine set up so it has adjustable riding heights by simply tilting the the seat up on the hinge and placing an appropriate thickness rubber donut under the "KONG". It elevates the rear of the seat and is a welcome change, allowing you to change your riding position slightly. It helps alleviate my back discomfort on those long rides. The Utopia backrest is very helpful as well. I haven't rode on every seat out there but of the ones I have, I like the police solo the best even if it won't win the blue ribbon in the looks catagory. I think they are an aquired taste and gaining in popularity.

EDIT: Anyone looking for a police solo set up could put out some feelers at local dealers and save the shipping you'd have to pay elsewhere as well as being able to give it a thorough lookover before paying for it.

Attached Thumbnails I need an education Harley police seat for my bike.. help-seat-rail-utopia-mustang-fit-005.jpg   I need an education Harley police seat for my bike.. help-seat-rail-utopia-mustang-fit-026.jpg  

Last edited by Recycled; 03-31-2014 at 08:48 AM. Reason: added a thought
Old 04-01-2014 | 04:42 PM
87gtNOS
Cruiser

I have the Police seat and I am 6'2" and it does sit you higher up and back a bit...far enough back that I wouldn't be able to reach highway pegs.
Both my dad and uncle have FLHTP's also and love their seats.

I run mine with about 19 psi air...it is basically bottomed out.
Ideally they should be run so you float on them.

Can't run the low windshield though...you're sitting too high!

I have the Mustang passenger seat that is made for this application. It fits in my saddle bag too! I usually ride solo with only my seat.

Hey Recycled, I like that cover you have behind the seat on the fender...where did you get it?

Old 04-01-2014 | 05:00 PM
Taranwanderer
Tourer

To the OP: not to throw a wet blanket on your seat question or the responses so far, but if you have an annular tear, I'd be looking at having surgery as soon as possible. Annular bulges can get better with therapy, annular tears do not. Fuse those two spinal segments together and get on with your life. You'll lose a little bit of spinal mobility at that section, but the trade-off in pain relief will be worth it. That's the view from the PT perspective.

Good luck!

Old 04-01-2014 | 05:24 PM
mmcbeat
Elite HDF Member

In '12 or '13 the air tank was eliminated on cop seats. Might make for a cleaner install if you can find one.

Old 04-01-2014 | 05:59 PM
Uncle Paul
Outstanding HDF Member

Another happy Hammock with backrest user. Also have tender back and it seemed that on every long ride I would take, I would experience one or more bottoming out back shocks. This would aggravate my back, and it would be sore the rest of the ride.

Now never bottom out. The shocks are absorbed. Can ride like the wind.

Most dealerships will have one on their demo wall, and you can check it out for yourself.

Old 04-01-2014 | 06:35 PM
Recycled
Road Captain

Originally Posted by 87gtNOS

Hey Recycled, I like that cover you have behind the seat on the fender...where did you get it?
Thats a Mustang fender bib that my Mustang pillion fits right over top of when used.

http://www.jpcycles.com/mustang?Ntt=...mpaign=fenders

Last edited by Recycled; 04-01-2014 at 06:51 PM. Reason: added link
Old 04-22-2014 | 07:43 AM
riff-raff
Intermediate

I own a 2010 Flhtp and I love the solo police seat, I can ride in it all day without any issues. I am 5'8" so it is a bit of a stretch but I do not want to give up the ride quality & comfort. When I come to a stop I keep my right foot on the floorboard then slide forward a bit and can place my left foot flat on the ground.

Old 04-22-2014 | 09:23 AM
LeadSSled
Road Captain

I have still have the Police solo seat on my 2010 FLHP. I have added the Utopia backrest and the Mustang passenger pillion. I also use the HD Circulator pad to prevent/reduce a sweaty butt. I also swapped the air spring out for the 2013+ coil-over shock seat spring. That improved the ride even more and allowed me to lose the rear platform and air tank without relocating the tank. I've swapped all that out for the 4-point docking hardware and run a standard passenger backrest and luggage rack. With a couple of leg-stretching stops, I can ride this seat all day long in comfort. I am 5'10" with just a 29" inseam and it is a stretch for me, but the ride is so comfortable that I don't want to swap out the seat for something that sits lower.

Old 04-22-2014 | 12:31 PM
Joe12RK
Seasoned HDF Member

I just added a cop seat to my road king. I have to say it really smooths out the ride so you don't even feel potholes and other sharp bumps. But now I have to get a taller windshield and maybe taller handlebars. Joe

Old 05-04-2014 | 07:53 PM
ChrisTopherloaf
6th Gear

Put a Konged police seat on my 04 RKC. Only rode it twice then I found my y-pipe has a hairline crack. Waiting for my fullsac kit then I'll get back out there!

Attached Thumbnails I need an education Harley police seat for my bike.. help-image.jpg