Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pics of your aftermarket batwing fairing

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2014, 09:51 AM
MadIrish
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I went with a Woodys Fairing. He was a designer at Hoppes, if I remember right. I bought it bare save for the splashguard installed on the inner. Holes cut for speakers. I have two pair of Polk 5.25" and a Sony headunit. There was no room in the fairing for an amp, at least not for the head unit I chose. Had the outer painted and left the inner in gel coat. At work so I don't have all my pictures, just some blurry ones that don't do it justice and not a good one of the face of the inner fairing. Will try to add more later.

Glenn was great to deal with and very helpful. I think the inner is better looking than any of the competition. www.woodysfairings.com

Attached Thumbnails Pics of your aftermarket batwing fairing-bike-fairing-inner.jpg   Pics of your aftermarket batwing fairing-bike-fairing-outer.jpg   Pics of your aftermarket batwing fairing-bike-fairing-profile.jpg   Pics of your aftermarket batwing fairing-bike-fairing-34.jpg   Pics of your aftermarket batwing fairing-bike-fairing-front.jpg  

Last edited by MadIrish; 03-03-2014 at 10:17 AM.
Old 03-03-2014, 11:36 AM
Pumba11
Elite HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Homemade fairing made with HD OEM parts and a little inginuity. Complete detachable using a stock RK windshield as my starting point. Amp with speakers for use with my iPod.

Old 03-03-2014, 03:04 PM
Steven11
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

[I have a reckless fairing with the infinity Bluetooth head unit, 6x9 speakers and Rockford Fosgate amp. Can hear it at 75 mph easily.Pics of your aftermarket batwing fairing-image.jpg

Old 03-03-2014, 09:13 PM
IndyIN
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a Woody's fairing, and the quality and service from Glenn was top notch. I painted the outer and left the inner in gelcoat. I also added an Alpine amp with the Infinity radio (just enough room), and the Infinity wired remote with a handle bar mount I came up with. I can use my right thumb to control volume and reach several of the other buttons while keeping my hand on the grip.

In my opinion, Woody's is a great choice.

Last edited by IndyIN; 03-04-2014 at 06:08 PM.
Old 03-03-2014, 09:18 PM
bigheadted
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Pumba11
Homemade fairing made with HD OEM parts and a little inginuity. Complete detachable using a stock RK windshield as my starting point. Amp with speakers for use with my iPod.

Pumba 11 I saw your original post on this and lost it. Anyhow his is probably the route I am going to take. I have 3 RK windshield frames so one will be used.

Old 03-04-2014, 05:51 PM
MadIrish
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by IndyIN
I have a Woody's fairing, and the quality and service from Glenn was top notch. I painted the outer and left the inner in gelcoat. I also added an Alpine amp with the Infinity radio (just enough room), and the Infinity wired remote with a handle bar mount I came up with. I can use my right thumb to control volume and reach several of the other buttons while keeping my hand on the grip.

In my opinion, Woody's is a great choice.
A smaller head unit might have left me room for the Alpine amp, too...but I went with a CD playing unit so it was full depth and I could not find a way to get the alpine brick to lay in there anywhere. If I switch to shorter depth unit, I think the Alpine would fit and I will try that in the future if this Sony head unit dies. I also purchased the Sony hardwired marine grade remote and am in the process of building a brake lever perch for it so I can control volume and switch songs with a thumb

Attached Thumbnails Pics of your aftermarket batwing fairing-fairing-front.jpg   Pics of your aftermarket batwing fairing-new-fairing-installed-spring-2011-11.jpg   Pics of your aftermarket batwing fairing-new-fairing-installed-spring-2011-14.jpg  
Old 03-04-2014, 06:00 PM
IndyIN
Advanced

If you're looking for an easy mount to use, I ordered the individual bracket from this clock mount http://www.harley-davidson.com/store/handlebar-clock

If you pull up the instructions it has parts numbers (69144-03), I think it was a couple of dollars. You could easily make one, for the price I didn't want to fiddle with it. I know the Kenwood marine remote uses a threaded post, if yours is like that I'm guess it would bolt right through the top part of the the bracket.

This might not be how you want to mount it, thought I would post the info anyway.

Old 03-28-2014, 03:28 PM
Bdavisga
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Reckless Fairing just came in. I was expecting the 2 6x9 set up but I'm assuming unless you specify otherwise they send you the less popular one.Any way looking to set up onmy '13 Fatboy lo.

I also want to add the apes, and hard bags to it. Has anyone painted the aftermarket fairing. My bike is denim black.

Old 03-29-2014, 05:22 PM
Maddog94
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Indy,

What is the model number of the Infinity wired remote? I am ordering a Woody's fairing and going with a similar set-up, but I haven't seen the remote anywhere.

Thanks.

Old 03-29-2014, 08:54 PM
IndyIN
Advanced

Originally Posted by Maddog94
Indy,

What is the model number of the Infinity wired remote? I am ordering a Woody's fairing and going with a similar set-up, but I haven't seen the remote anywhere.

Thanks.
http://www.prospecelectronics.com/pr...roducts_id=160

It's MIL-REM50B, I can dig around and see where I got it from.

Quick Reply: Pics of your aftermarket batwing fairing