Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Smallest DOT Helmets

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 02:25 PM
hynsonx
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default helmets

Originally Posted by grbrown
Difficult to believe the same head will fit in all three!
When the wife gets home i will take a photo with all three on.The ak88 fits better my head seams to sit futher in the helmet than the skid lid.The harley one fits my head good also.

Old 04-24-2013, 02:45 PM
SGFlash
Cruiser

Any one try the terminator?

Old 04-24-2013, 02:56 PM
42gunner
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Being on a bike for 40+ hours weekly, this is what I choose to wear. Better safe than sorry! Seen a lot of serious injuries out there.

Old 04-24-2013, 07:41 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by fabrik8r
Neck injury, get it?
A neck injury? Ridiculous unless there is a diagnosed medical condition. Personally, I have never heard of such occurring.

Carl

Old 04-24-2013, 08:08 PM
fabrik8r
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Harleypingman
A neck injury? Ridiculous unless there is a diagnosed medical condition. Personally, I have never heard of such occurring.

Carl
I'm talking about an existing condition. I have a neck injury that ended my military career earlier than I would like. Its not that I am even remotely feeble, its my injury that impairs my enjoyment of riding my bike, the lightest possible helmet that I can get helps to mitigate some of that pain and make it tolerable. Just because you never heard of something doesn't necessarily make it impossible, yes added weight to your head such as a helmet does have the potential to actually cause greater injury in an impact or accident. Never heard of such a thing huh? Well I'll be. We cant all be professional tough guys, consider yourself fortunate.

Old 04-24-2013, 08:28 PM
hynsonx
Advanced
Default helmets

Originally Posted by grbrown
Difficult to believe the same head will fit in all three!
Heres the photos of me wearing each helmet.I did not start this thread to debate the safest or the helmet with the most padding.I thought that i could save some guys some money and time.When i bought the skid lid alot of people said that it was the smallest and the lightest dot helmet out there.When i received it is was not much different than my Harley helmet. I was disappointed.So the ak88 came along and after watching the video and going back and forth with a few emails i decided to buy one.I'm very pleased with the helmet...It is WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR..

Attached Thumbnails Smallest DOT Helmets-dsc_0866.jpg   Smallest DOT Helmets-dsc_0869.jpg   Smallest DOT Helmets-dsc_0870.jpg  

Last edited by hynsonx; 04-24-2013 at 08:56 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 04-24-2013, 08:46 PM
TVagee
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Well said

Old 04-24-2013, 09:07 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

I'm talking about an existing condition. I have a neck injury that ended my military career earlier than I would like. Its not that I am even remotely feeble, its my injury that impairs my enjoyment of riding my bike, the lightest possible helmet that I can get helps to mitigate some of that pain and make it tolerable. Just because you never heard of something doesn't necessarily make it impossible, yes added weight to your head such as a helmet does have the potential to actually cause greater injury in an impact or accident. Never heard of such a thing huh? Well I'll be. We cant all be professional tough guys, consider yourself fortunate.
Why cop an attitude? I referenced the issue of a medical condition making helmet weight an issue.

Carl

Old 04-24-2013, 09:09 PM
bhaxton
Tourer
Received 36 Likes on 22 Posts

I feel yer pain. I'm going in for C5-C6 next week.

Old 04-24-2013, 11:39 PM
fabrik8r
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Harleypingman
Why cop an attitude? I referenced the issue of a medical condition making helmet weight an issue.

Carl
Sorry man, it sure seemed to me like you weren't pickin' up what I was puttin' down, so I figured I'd go ahead and break it down to the molecular level, and eliminate any possibility of further miscommunication on this rather simple concept. Peace.

Quick Reply: Smallest DOT Helmets