Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pros or Cons on the Harbor Freight Lift Table?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2013, 06:59 PM
wfojon
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Great bang for the buck and yes you have to buy the better wheel lock for the front.
To the guy who said it bleeds down, well ya but don't you use the steel bar to lock it? I was taught to never ever trust a hydraulic jack to hold something up while you work on it, you have to use safety blocks. I had a friend die under his car when it fell on him.

Old 03-03-2013, 07:06 PM
jackod
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used mine the past two days to work on two of my four-wheelers. I will be making some extensions for it soon. I've had mine for a little over two years and have had my former bike, an ultra, and my street glide on it quite a few times without any problems. I always use the safety bar and I don't leave it up overnight. For the price, I think it is a good deal.

Old 03-04-2013, 07:51 AM
lgenf
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here's some pics of how mine looks with the better wheel cholk option that HF sells

Old 03-04-2013, 09:19 AM
hank-hill
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The table works well for the DIY guy like I am but for the pros I would get a better one. I bought 2 6x6x8 boards for each side when I ride on nice and heavy wont move if you need to put your foot down

Old 03-05-2013, 06:17 AM
smokindave
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I have used the crap out of mine for 7 years. I bought the one that uses air / hyd pump and stole it for $370. Everything from a full dress to a lawn mower has been on it, never a problem.

Attached Thumbnails Pros or Cons on the Harbor Freight Lift Table?-lift-maint-001.jpg  
Old 03-05-2013, 10:12 AM
103megawatt
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine works great, especially after the 20% discount coupon. I replaced the wheel lock with a baxley trailer company wheel chock. That is the chock that is a serious piece of equipment.

Old 03-05-2013, 11:18 AM
Pete6114
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Guess i'll be the only one here that will advise against it. As With everything i buy, my first concern is the origin of the product. Chinese just dont work with me, if the option to buy domestic exists. I do and am willing to pay more for a made in canada/USA products! Besides that, the Handy lifts are extremely well build and made in the USA, and are good for a lifetime. That would be my choice.
I know...i know....HF employs people...i keep hearing that argument....but it's breadcrumbs compared to manufacturing here and employing many more of our people then the few shelf stocker's at HF.
rant over...

Last edited by Pete6114; 03-06-2013 at 07:43 AM.
Old 03-05-2013, 11:55 AM
DanHappy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,419 Likes on 1,614 Posts

Question for the people that have one of these. can you put it in the middle of the floor, and when its all the way down and the chock is removed, can an SUV ride over it for storage? Just asking.

Old 03-05-2013, 12:37 PM
EasternSP
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 23,161 Likes on 8,818 Posts

Originally Posted by DanHappy
Question for the people that have one of these. can you put it in the middle of the floor, and when its all the way down and the chock is removed, can an SUV ride over it for storage? Just asking.
I suppose you could. It does sit pretty low

Old 03-05-2013, 12:40 PM
lgenf
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DanHappy

it sits like 5 inches off the ground lowered down - you'd be fine

Quick Reply: Pros or Cons on the Harbor Freight Lift Table?