Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who Owns & Uses HF High Position Motorcycle Lift ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2013, 02:41 PM
baust55
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Who Owns & Uses HF High Position Motorcycle Lift ?

Who Owns & Uses HF High Position Motorcycle Lift ? OPINIONS wanted from actual owners and users of this lift.

Now that i have lowered my RKC i have been thinking about getting a lower jack . HF High Position Motorcycle Lift is only 2.5" at its lowest acording to there web site and is on sale for $179

I can still use my handy HF yellow jack but its tricky getting it under with the road king lowerd .

So i am interested in some reviews from actual owners and users of this lift.

Thanks Austin

http://www.harborfreight.com/high-po...ift-99887.html

Now you can work on your bike safely and comfortably with this high position motorcycle lift. Supporting an 1100 lb. load capacity, the motorcycle lift provides a lifting height range from 2.6" to 30". The lift also features wheels for easy maneuvering and placement.
  • 1100 lb. weight capacity
  • Lifting range from 2.6" to 30"
Ram travel: 7-3/8"Distance between base legs: 20-3/8"Overall dimensions: 44" L x 24-3/8" W x 37-3/4" H

i

Attached Thumbnails Who Owns & Uses HF High Position Motorcycle Lift ?-image_20383.jpg  

Last edited by baust55; 01-13-2013 at 02:54 PM.
Old 01-13-2013, 02:50 PM
soos
Grand HDF Member
Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

I don't own one, but one thing right off the bat that I foresee is that it only allows you access to just one side of your scoot. The other side will be obstructed by the vertical support post. Not very conducive to working on both sides while supported.

Old 01-13-2013, 03:06 PM
TheGrandPoohBah
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,527 Likes on 1,422 Posts

Look at the K&L Motorcycle Shop Dolly. Lift your bike with the yellow HF Lift you have now (Like mine) and put it on the fully adjustable dolly and remove the jack. Access it any way you like, spin and move it around with ease. I love mine.
Shop around on line, prices vary.
This is not the kind that has the "Kick Stand Tray" on the side, the bike will be high as you want, level, and rock solid.
I service on mine, move it around for cleaning the garage, it's the real deal!

Old 01-13-2013, 03:10 PM
Pondskipper
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I had one and it was very good.

Old 01-13-2013, 03:13 PM
smitty901
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 9,975 Likes on 5,345 Posts

HF is is a lager scale junk dealer new stuff but junk everything they sell is low cost discount junk.
I was given a HF lift and threw it in the trash.

Old 01-13-2013, 03:14 PM
soos
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by TheGrandPoohBah
Look at the K&L Motorcycle Shop Dolly. Lift your bike with the yellow HF Lift you have now (Like mine) and put it on the fully adjustable dolly and remove the jack. Access it any way you like, spin and move it around with ease. I love mine.
Shop around on line, prices vary.
This is not the kind that has the "Kick Stand Tray" on the side, the bike will be high as you want, level, and rock solid.
I service on mine, move it around for cleaning the garage, it's the real deal!
I bought one just like that about 5-6 years ago from HF. Actually I got 3 of them on a group buy with 2 other guys and we got them for $33 including shipping. I never saw them again at HF after that. I wished I'd got a few more. Anyway, I use it for winter storage so that I can move the scoot around the garage as needed. I love it.

Actually this piece of junk has worked out very well for my winter storage needs and it is rock solid.

Attached Thumbnails Who Owns & Uses HF High Position Motorcycle Lift ?-94778.jpg  

Last edited by soos; 01-13-2013 at 03:20 PM.
Old 01-13-2013, 05:11 PM
baust55
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

that is a nice stand SOOS
any clue what the Harbor Freight stand part # was ?

or what HF called it ?

Old 01-13-2013, 05:23 PM
soos
Grand HDF Member

HF 94778. Unfortunately HF shows "no item found for 94778" but a google search comes up with the spec sheet for it.

Old 01-13-2013, 05:45 PM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,623 Likes on 2,732 Posts

I got one last summer, needed two jacks, thought this would be good for a second, but now consider it the primary. Sure handy for a few things, getting that bike way up there, lets me sit on a roll around stool and work on the lowest points easily. It was a little wide to suit me for my sporties, but that was fairly easy to fix. If you don't have room for a table lift, this is the next best thing, although for some things you'd have to turn the bike around on the lift. Not being able to roll it around with a bike on it is a big negative; guys have put wheels on it and I'm considering that; it would increase the height, but it's got room for a couple or three more inches before that would be a problem with a Harley. I posted a thread with pics on the mod, and comments pro and con:

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/sport...-a-sporty.html

Here's another pic with a sporty on it.

Attached Thumbnails Who Owns & Uses HF High Position Motorcycle Lift ?-nowheelssporty.jpg  
Old 01-13-2013, 07:01 PM
TheGrandPoohBah
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,527 Likes on 1,422 Posts

There's also a youtube video on the Motorcycle Shop Dolly too.

Quick Reply: Who Owns & Uses HF High Position Motorcycle Lift ?