Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harbor Freight Cycle Jack - the yellow one!

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2013, 12:18 PM
Jackie Paper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,933 Likes on 4,132 Posts

Just saw a $59. coupons in the Hot Bike rag. $40 bucks back if you grab one but you will probably have to threaten you are going to return it for them to honor it. $40 is a good free steak for the wife and I to go get on the way back.

Had mine a couple years. Works fine and have used it to go into primary twice and cam chest once. On my Softail I just land stand on a 2x4 so it goes under better since I use 4 pieces of 1x3 under frame rails so shocks do not hit. Sure would have been nice if Harley would have marked a center balance point on these bikes.? HA.... Does any one know on a average Softail were it really is?

That is some garage Hotrodz has.

Last edited by Jackie Paper; 02-14-2013 at 12:23 PM.
Old 02-14-2013, 12:25 PM
skypilot_one
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DrPlastic
Like I said....get off the Chinese "high horse"..... 50% or more of all Harleys (component parts) are made in China also using $3.00 seals. My jack also has 5 safety lock steps.......It has held my scoot 12" off the floor for the last 6 winters without a problem.........as a matter of fact I use it every time my scoot is ridden into the garage. I use it to the Bat Cave turn around to get ready for the next ride!

Agreed.

Your avatar is quite perfect!

Old 02-14-2013, 01:30 PM
sftdyna
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by btsom
I have one of these and also don't like the lowering rate. Anybody KNOW if engine oil is compatible with the O rings, as it is considerably less expensive than fork oil? Wish I had thought of this years ago.
Im thinking of going to a 30wt to see how it reacts, only thing is im rarely at my buddies house so maybe i can get him to try

Old 02-14-2013, 02:16 PM
Jackie Paper
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by sftdyna
Im thinking of going to a 30wt to see how it reacts, only thing is im rarely at my buddies house so maybe i can get him to try
Not really answering you question but I know the first time I dropped my down I thought it was too fast. Not sure why the did not just put a screw in release valve rather then the silly two position all the way in is slower then half way in. There is a setup on facebook that someone made a lever or something to release it with more control. I ask the man at Harbor Freight and he told me they had a revision and a newer bottle jack. He ordered me one free of charge and it's sitting in garage on the shelf. I never put it on. By the time I had used it a couple of times, I just make sure all is clear on the stand side and the stand is down of course and grab the right handle bar grip and press HARD on the leaver to make sure it's all way in and in one quick but smooth drop, the bike goes down and leans over on the stand. No big deal. Personally think messing with the oil thickness may affect relief valve safety and I would not go that way. Search the facebook for it or if you jack is not that old get them to get you another hydraulic bottle jack with the revised valve and see if it helps but it still appears that is still a debatable weak point of the jack that is not really a problem unless you want one that you can say lower just a tad for some reason.

Last edited by Jackie Paper; 02-15-2013 at 07:32 AM.
Old 02-15-2013, 06:36 AM
qmann
Cruiser

Been using mine for two years - it works fine! Me and a friend used the $59.00 coupons found in bike mags. You will see this exact lift in some auto parts stores under a different name.

Cautions - Make sure to use the lift lock. I left bike on lift overnight, forgot to lock lift and I was fortunate bike did not fall over as the hydraulic jacked leaked down over night. This is normal of all jacks - even large overhead lifts.

Also - The jack is good and stable, but when lowering (as mentioned above) the first few inches happens fast so be prepared.

There are $59 coupons floating around now...I will try to find latest code for you online orderers!

PS, I have been using on 2000 Electraglide and 1992 Dyna

Old 02-16-2013, 06:25 PM
fathog
Tourer

I like this one, it gets the bike 30" high. I would like it to be a bit more stable so I usually use tie downs. It's a Harbor Freight, think I paid about 150.00 for it and it does get the job done.

Attached Thumbnails Harbor Freight Cycle Jack - the yellow one!-h.f.-high-lift-001.jpg   Harbor Freight Cycle Jack - the yellow one!-h.f.-high-lift-002.jpg  
Old 02-16-2013, 07:03 PM
TheGrandPoohBah
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,529 Likes on 1,424 Posts

I like my HF Yellow Lift.
I stuck a couple of reflective dots on the side of the bottom frame rail to mark my "Lift Points" so I always lift my scoot in the same place. The dots are so small, only I know they are there, where only I can see them. Once lifted, I set the 'King on his "Throne"- a K&L Motorcycle Shop Dolly, then put the jack away. I can spin him around, move him anywhere I like, can service him on it, check tires, you name it.
That's the way I like it!

Old 02-16-2013, 07:43 PM
bigsmos
Cruiser

You guys are making me nervous I've used the HF yellow for about 9 years never fell apart yet must be going to any day now that sucks

Old 02-16-2013, 07:53 PM
traildog
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 712 Likes on 359 Posts
Default Found this one on Craigs list for $200

I STORE my bike on this jack and can roll her around in the garage without worrying about the jack.

http://www.jsjacks.com/products-page...torcycle-lift/

Old 02-17-2013, 08:04 AM
Jackie Paper
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by TheGrandPoohBah
I like my HF Yellow Lift.
I stuck a couple of reflective dots on the side of the bottom frame rail to mark my "Lift Points" so I always lift my scoot in the same place. The dots are so small, only I know they are there, where only I can see them. Once lifted, I set the 'King on his "Throne"- a K&L Motorcycle Shop Dolly, then put the jack away. I can spin him around, move him anywhere I like, can service him on it, check tires, you name it.
That's the way I like it!
Looks cool. Those trucks hard plastic? Do they hold up well and have locks? Is it much wider then your jack?

Last edited by Jackie Paper; 09-14-2018 at 11:14 AM.

Quick Reply: Harbor Freight Cycle Jack - the yellow one!