Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wild Pig Slip on Review

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2012, 10:09 PM
DAWG_6
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Wild Pig Slip on Review

Just installed a set of Wild Pig slip ons....reverse cut to match the saddlebag lines....they sell these on Ebay as factory seconds due to minor blemishes in the chrome....one of mine had a tiny chip near the mounting bracket...but I figured on a touring bike with bags, rails, and all the other crap we have on them - they're pretty much hidden...and it is, you can't see if unless you remove the saddlebag...

They are painted black on the inside so they look really good from behind...I think the reverse cut is a little louder since it opens up instead of down...

they allow you to select the baffles.....standard is 1.75". They will put 2", 2.25", or 2.5" in at your request.

I asked them for their recommendation for a 103", factory head pipe, cat removed, and they recommended the 2".

Sounds great, nice and very deep, not crazy loud, but loud when you get on it.

These were 185, plus 20 bucks for shipping....so for 200 bucks, a good option if you're bike poor and want better sound. I'm looking forward to installing a TTS tuner for a high flow air cleaner and better throttle response....this TBW sucks as it comes from the factory.

Also, on a final note, if anyone is considering removing their cat, I highly recommend it. My mechanic cut a panel out of my head pipe, removed the cat material, and re-welded the piece. I've been in traffic a few times in 80+ temps and it was MUCH cooler than with the cat.

Thanks to JC Turbo for the thread on this method:

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...with-pics.html

Here's a bad night time pic:
Name:  WildPigSlipOns.jpg
Views: 2460
Size:  9.4 KB

Old 03-30-2012, 05:16 AM
chainsaw123
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awsome news. I am doing the same thing right now. I have the same pipes (still in the box) but I got the 2.5" baffles. I already had the fuel moto air cleaner kit and it is installed. I also got (still in box) the power vision from FM and had jamie load 3 different maps on it prior to shipping. one for the pipes with cat, one for stock headers w/o cats and one for the pigs and a jackpot header for later down the road. I cannot wait to get it all together and fire it up. I currently only have one muffler off but am hitting it full force tomorrow and hope to gut the cat and rewelded next week.

post when you get it done on your sound.

Old 03-30-2012, 05:20 AM
Iceman24
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 2,250 Likes on 1,641 Posts

Thanks for sharing - lots of riders/owners wanting economical pipe options & this sounds like they'll fit the bill. Pipes look great!

Old 03-30-2012, 06:29 AM
PghCycle24
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to Wild Pigs! They are the best kept secret in slip-ons. I replace the Vance & Hines ovals on my '04 Ultra with the Pigs and they are far superior to V & H in sound and appearance.

I liked them so musch I bought second set for my '08 FLHTP police motor. I run the 2" baffles in the Ultra and 2.5" baffles in the FLHTP. You will find that the packing installed at the fctory is pretty flimsy and will blow out fairly quickly.. No problem. The baffles a super easy to remove. PM me and I'll send you some tips to save you time and effort. I spent a lot of time "tuning" the Pigs on both bikes, swapping baffles and experimenting with packing until I got them "just right" (I'm kind of picky about my bikes). The company is very customer friendly, and when I needed another set of baffles, a phone call and they shipped me a different set within 48 hours. I have additional sets of 2.25" and 1.75" that I use depending on my needs and mood. I can swap baffles in about 15-20 minutes.

You can run 'em w/o packing, no big deal. My experience is that the packing takes some of the edge off the exhasust note, mellows it slightly but doesn't take awat from the deep Rumble they produce. One of the guys in my motor unit haas Rush on his police motor, and my Pigs sound even better than his Rush, although they're close.

Final note: Be careful when removing the baffles. the powder coat in the ends of the muffler can scratch.

You will love your Wild Pigs!

Old 03-30-2012, 06:35 AM
PghCycle24
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by chainsaw123
Awsome news. I am doing the same thing right now. I have the same pipes (still in the box) but I got the 2.5" baffles. I already had the fuel moto air cleaner kit and it is installed. I also got (still in box) the power vision from FM and had jamie load 3 different maps on it prior to shipping. one for the pipes with cat, one for stock headers w/o cats and one for the pigs and a jackpot header for later down the road. I cannot wait to get it all together and fire it up. I currently only have one muffler off but am hitting it full force tomorrow and hope to gut the cat and rewelded next week.

post when you get it done on your sound.
chainsaw, be sure to redo the factory packing with a good quality packing. You can run the Pigs w/o packing, of cours, but with the 2.5" baffles on my Ultra (true duals), I found I actually needed ear plugs. It was too much for a dresser, and I couldn't hear the stereo. But it was awesome!

Old 03-30-2012, 07:07 AM
ocezam
Road Master
Received 97 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by PghCycle24
chainsaw, be sure to redo the factory packing with a good quality packing. You can run the Pigs w/o packing, of cours, but with the 2.5" baffles on my Ultra (true duals), I found I actually needed ear plugs. It was too much for a dresser, and I couldn't hear the stereo. But it was awesome!
So where do you shop for "good quality packing"? I got some mufflers I need to re-do.

Old 03-30-2012, 11:18 AM
chainsaw123
Tourer

Originally Posted by PghCycle24

Thanks for the tip PGH. I will probably run what it came with just to see how I like it but willbget some quality material from my local rice burner shop and repack later.

Old 07-24-2013, 08:22 PM
tyson113
Stage I
Default new wild pigs

i just installed my reverse cuts on my 88 cubic inch 05 king efi. 2''baffles and i love the sound. i have an 01 custom w 2'' turn outs and it rivals that rumble. my concern is i did no updates to performance or fuel mix.. am i gonna start fouling plugs or am i ok just running my bike???

Old 07-24-2013, 08:32 PM
MNPGRider
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 51 Posts

A friend of mine put these on his 103", also bought blems on eBay. They sound great from behind (where I find myself riding!) I don't know what baffle he got.

Old 07-24-2013, 08:45 PM
ShrinerRider
Road Captain

Received 107 Likes on 60 Posts

I have the reverse cut on my Ultra Classic and also went with the Wild Pig headpipe. Great sound and performance. If you are military they give a great discount!!

Quick Reply: Wild Pig Slip on Review