Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Of all the bonehead effin' things to do!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2012 | 06:48 AM
Garemlin
|
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Iceman24
I have these & you'll be pleased w/the looks & functionality. Easy install/removal (for cleaning) & not bulky @ all.

You know we've all done these bonehead things...you're one of the few who are man enough to admit it & thanks because this way everyone benefits. Usually the 1st bike blemish is a small one (key/tool drop, boot scrape, etc.) so you're banked for awhile w/future blemishes.

One note - another member designed this bag holder & I haven't built mine yet (have materials), but it's going to come in handy when needed. Enjoy!
Attachment 240055

Yeah I previously had the Ridetek Lidhaulers. Just sold them on here. Always like the look of the Ridetek covers over the full lid coverage of the HD and Mustang ones. These still let some color show through. Good thing is they will cover every spot of damage.

And yeah I did the first one right. But this is actually the third scar. First one was some delivery scratches on the fairing and bag lids. Fully removed and healed. Second was a slip of the fairing by the service manager which caused headlight to meet fender. Was not mad about that. He is a great guy and like me took a shorcut and did not cover the fender. Veteran mistake. Got me the Fat Boy fender I have now.

Old 03-23-2012 | 06:55 AM
JayStronghawk
Ultimate HDF Member

Bonehead Club Emblem ..

Old 03-23-2012 | 07:07 AM
Garemlin
|
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by JayStronghawk

Bonehead Club Emblem ..

LOL Needs a grumpy face.

Old 03-23-2012 | 07:28 AM
NECaveman
Tourer

I learned the hard way also. I have a lot of those $5 door mats from Menards. Throw one down on the floor away from the bike and make sure the lid is closed on the saddlebag when it is set on the mat.

Old 03-23-2012 | 08:23 AM
remike
Road Master

"a slip of the fairing by the service manager which caused headlight to meet fender. Was not mad about that. He is a great guy and like me took a shorcut and did not cover the fender."

Where do you get your service? Seaford or Rommel (formerly Mike's)

Old 03-23-2012 | 08:38 AM
Garemlin
|
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by remike
"a slip of the fairing by the service manager which caused headlight to meet fender. Was not mad about that. He is a great guy and like me took a shorcut and did not cover the fender."

Where do you get your service? Seaford or Rommel (formerly Mike's)
Mike's in Smyrna. I wouldn't deal with Seaford for anything. This was actually for a warranty issue. Like I said it was one of those things. He underestimated the weight of my LED headlight and the slickness of several coats of Zaino polish on the fairing. LOL

Old 03-23-2012 | 08:53 AM
remike
Road Master

Thanks,

I have nothing but good things to say about Adam.

Also good luck with the surgery. Had my back done a while ago...

Old 03-23-2012 | 09:09 AM
CHOPPIN' CHARLIE
Road Master

Had no idea bags lived such a hazardous life and are such a problem. I lke the soft bags on my Heritage. But remember, this is coming from an oldie who just poured a quart of GEAR OIL into the OIL BAG on top of a fresh change of
Mobil 1 !

Old 03-23-2012 | 11:21 AM
ssmith579
Tourer

Hey, at least now you r don't have to worry about the OL dragging her feet across the bag.

Old 03-23-2012 | 11:51 AM
JayStronghawk
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by ssmith579
Hey, at least now you r don't have to worry about the OL dragging her feet across the bag.
Excellent Point ..

Quick Reply: Of all the bonehead effin' things to do!!!!!