Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pics of New Mustang Super Touring Seat on Street Glide

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2011 | 05:18 AM
labattsjf
|
Advanced

Not sure how the crease got there, I assume the material got squeezed and it caused a crease. Going to call them today to see what they will do about it. Not anticipating any problem with them taking care of it from the experience Ive had so far. Ill keep ya posted though. Hope this isnt a precursor of things to come though because I really like the seat.

Old 07-29-2011 | 06:36 AM
tnbillybob
Cruiser

The Super Tourer has a built in receiver for the Mustang backrest - older backrests with the fender mounted receiver will not work. Great seat, especially for the tall rider.

Old 07-29-2011 | 07:21 AM
roadking2000
Outstanding HDF Member

Over the years, I've found Mustang to be a better seat than anything Harley makes. I've tried dozens of Harley and other makes of seats and I've never had a Mustang that was not comfortable for the long haul. I'd take any Mustang seat over any Harley seat. Your backside may not agree with mine, but Mustang has never given me any problems at all and I agree that their quality and customer service is top notch.

Old 07-29-2011 | 02:39 PM
LADNAR
Tourer

I've also been looking at purchasing this seat. I bought a sundowner last weekend, but I felt too cramped up on the tank.

I have two questions regarding the Mustang Super Touring Seat. (on a Street Glide)

1) Does it sit you up any higher than the stock seat did?

The guy at Mustang told me that since it moves you back further, and the frame slopes downward, that it keeps you pretty low too. How does this compare to a 2011 Street Glide stock seat?

2) Does that massive seat interfere with the saddlebags at all?

It looks a little iffy from the pictures. I was wanting to get some saddle bag speaker lids (mostly for the wife) but wanted to make sure that with this seat, there would still be room back there.

If you (or anyone else) could answer; that'd be super.

Btw... for a giant seat, the pictures of it installed looked alright.

Old 07-29-2011 | 03:48 PM
labattsjf
|
Advanced

Ladnar
I feel if it did anything it lowered me a little. Compared to the Sundowner I had it lowered me. Compared to stock its probably about the same. As for interfering with the saddlebags, I havent had a problem. Take this from someone who has a wife that no matter what we stop for my wife has to get in the saddlebags for something. All in all, I like the seat so far. Its suppose to be nice here this weekend so ill no a little more after this weekend.

As for the crease mentioned earlier...spoke with Sue at Mustang today and all is good. She left it up to me with what I wanted to do about it and I decided that after the riding season is over I will be sending the seat back to be recovered. So far great customer service about everything.

Old 07-29-2011 | 03:51 PM
Iceman24
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force

Looks nice & comfy - bet your rear's happy! I like Mustang's quality - had one of their seats on my Sporty & it was 1000X better than stock. Ride on!

Old 07-29-2011 | 07:59 PM
LADNAR
Tourer

Originally Posted by labattsjf
Ladnar
I feel if it did anything it lowered me a little. Compared to the Sundowner I had it lowered me. Compared to stock its probably about the same. As for interfering with the saddlebags, I havent had a problem. Take this from someone who has a wife that no matter what we stop for my wife has to get in the saddlebags for something. All in all, I like the seat so far. Its suppose to be nice here this weekend so ill no a little more after this weekend.

Hey thanks! I think that's all I needed to hear. I'm ready to order one for myself.

Did you get a good deal on it?

Old 07-29-2011 | 09:37 PM
seawoo
Advanced
Default Review of Mustang Super Touring Seat TOO

I have had this same seat for a few weeks now, I have started to become immune to the sofa "look" as I have not removed it since putting it on. I am seeing if there is a break-in period. I have about 700 miles on it so far. It is a good seat, the wife really likes it compared to the stock Street Glide seat. So the decision is made to keep it and run it most of the time.
It moved me back quite a bit 1.5 to 1.75 inches as advertised, seems to have lifted me about a 1/2 to 1 inch maybe, and my top inner thighs hit the seat more than the stock when I am touching the pavement ( now harder to move the bike around with the normal duck walk). I have also installed the Harley extended reach floor boards (1 inch forward), I like the extended riding position better than being cramped,(spoiled from Fat Bob FWD controls). I am not tall 5'8"-5'9" and ride in a hauched over position (igor like i am told) but that is what i like. I have ridden around 200 miles at once and other than my wrist killing me (carpel tunnel) my lower to mid back ache, *** is fine, but the back pain has led me to just purchase the Mustang rider back rest, I am awaitng shipment.
The seat puts you way closer to the passenger, my wife likes it says there is a sense of security being closer to me, but like today, when it is 98 degrees plus a little separation would be nice.
Any body got suggestions about back ache, will the driver back rest help it?

Attached Thumbnails Pics of New Mustang Super Touring Seat on Street Glide-seat-1.jpg   Pics of New Mustang Super Touring Seat on Street Glide-seat-2.jpg   Pics of New Mustang Super Touring Seat on Street Glide-seat-3.jpg   Pics of New Mustang Super Touring Seat on Street Glide-seat-4.jpg  
Old 07-29-2011 | 10:32 PM
labattsjf
|
Advanced

Ladnar
Paid 499 plus 1 dollar shipping. Talk to Sue at sales ext:122. She has been great. Tell her jamieson from albany ny sent you.

Old 07-29-2011 | 10:40 PM
Azsg2011
Intermediate

That is one big *** seat. With that and the sissy bar and the extra lights, why didnt you just but an ultra? Totally lost the sport look of the SG.

Quick Reply: Pics of New Mustang Super Touring Seat on Street Glide