Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Plasma Rods

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2012 | 08:55 PM
vonzoog
Tourer

Trust me they work. Using the 3/4 inch molding is the way to go.

The actual viewing area of the rod is probably closer to 270 degrees, if that makes any sence. If you buy them, I truly believe that you will be happy.

Old 04-22-2012 | 12:55 AM
rdk
4th Gear
Default Plasma rods

Thanks Iceman24 and Vonzoog. I did not know that the plama rods are bright at any angle. I just got them from CD and will get the quarter round tomorrow. Friday I leave for the Laughlin River Run and I really wanted more brake lights. HD Forums helped a lot on my first day as a member.

Old 04-22-2012 | 06:28 AM
Joltergeist
Cruiser

Originally Posted by TXCOMMISH
Learn sumthin new everyday. I thought Plasma Rods were the things that made the Dilithium Crystals work.
Thanks for making me clean my desk... mouthful of coffee... LOL
Caught me by complete surprise

Old 04-22-2012 | 07:05 AM
bgdv1
Road Master

did mine last summer.

Attached Thumbnails Plasma Rods-plasmajpeg.jpg  
Old 04-22-2012 | 07:16 AM
Iceman24
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force

Just watch the wiring harness b/c CD incorrectly wired the ground on mine (must've been built on Fri @ 4:59). Had everything wired correctly (to their cryptic instructions) and nothing worked. Started tracing only to find CD harness ground was in wrong pin on harness so one quick fix & "viola" it was like XMas on the back of my bike.

Plasma Rods-06-harness-2.jpg
Plasma Rods-14-brake.jpg

Old 04-22-2012 | 11:36 AM
jfarrar30
Tourer

They are quite a bit brighter mounting straight on than from the side specially in the day time. I mounted mine differently as I dont have stock fender or bags but noticed when figuring a way to mount the are brighter straight on

Old 04-22-2012 | 05:15 PM
Overdoo
|
Road Captain
Default Plasma Rods

Originally Posted by rdk
I have the same question. The plasma rods would be facing the saddlebags. Is it that the side of the LED strip is what you are seeing from behind? The first poster did a nice job, but it still seems that the rods are pointed 90 degrees from what you want. Sorry, but I am a newbie and just joined today. But I definitely want more brake light on my SG. Help would be greatly appreciated.
As far as them facing the saddle bag its a non issue. The corner round moulding will provide a good gluing surface for the tape.When you purchase the 3/4" corner round molding just make sure you buy the pvc stuff not the wood. It will hold up in all kinds of weather and the double sided tape will really stick to it. Also make sure you clean everything good so the double sided tape sticks well on the back side of the rear fascia like I posted originally. This set up has been on my bike for a long time now with out any difficulty.
Good Luck
Overdoo

Old 04-22-2012 | 06:01 PM
HDV-GLIDE
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Overdoo
As far as them facing the saddle bag its a non issue. The corner round moulding will provide a good gluing surface for the tape.When you purchase the 3/4" corner round molding just make sure you buy the pvc stuff not the wood. It will hold up in all kinds of weather and the double sided tape will really stick to it. Also make sure you clean everything good so the double sided tape sticks well on the back side of the rear fascia like I posted originally. This set up has been on my bike for a long time now with out any difficulty.
Good Luck
Overdoo
If your **** like most of us, spray paint the molding black before you stick the plazma rods to it...

Old 08-04-2012 | 08:58 PM
nh_glide_rider
Novice

Thanks for the info! I have a 2012 FLHX. Is there a way to set this up so the stock Harley Tri-bar light works as a running AND brake light? Anyone have a wiring diagram to use them as run/brake/turn without the plug and play adapter?

-Randy

Old 08-06-2012 | 07:55 AM
ejb2370
Intermediate

I like them, no problems with mine.

Attached Thumbnails Plasma Rods-bb3.jpg   Plasma Rods-bb5.jpg  

Quick Reply: Plasma Rods