Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rivco adjustable passenger floorboards for HD touring

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2010, 07:35 PM
bellgnte
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rivco adjustable passenger floorboards for HD touring

Has anyone used these before? I was going to look into the Kury adjustable pegs for the wife. The ones that go on with the floorboards. Then I saw this Rivco video during my Google search. Looks really cool but wasn't sure if any has tried them. They have a different model for the Rhinehart exhaust. I am not sure what that is about. I have BUB slip-ons does that kind of matter? I call them for that but $300 bucks is a bit of a hit....although.....its for the wife and looks really nice compared to the Kury add-on pegs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRHFhhGn-PI

Old 05-21-2010, 08:25 PM
soos
Grand HDF Member
Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

I can't speak for the Rivcos but as for the Rinehart exhaust, the Rinehart True Dual rear cylinder pipe takes a slightly lower track out the left side of the bike angling down and cutting very close to the left side passenger bracket mounting point as opposed to the stock pipe therefore making for a very tight fit.

Old 05-21-2010, 09:46 PM
bellgnte
Road Master

does anyone know if the Kury add-ons can be adjusted while moving?

Old 05-21-2010, 09:49 PM
soos
Grand HDF Member

The Kury's are a pin lock set up with only 2 usable riding positions. They could possibly be adjusted while riding but I wouldn't recommend it.

Old 05-21-2010, 10:00 PM
bellgnte
Road Master

lol.......had to ask, the "passenger" has a lot of requests

Old 05-21-2010, 10:05 PM
soos
Grand HDF Member

The more informed you are the smarter choice you make. Have you considered HD#50789-99B Reduced Reach Passenger FB Mounting Kit?

These are pics of the right side Kury Peg. #'s 3, 4 (both same position) and 5 are usable positions.

Attached Thumbnails Rivco adjustable passenger floorboards for HD touring-kuryakyn-pegs-001.jpg   Rivco adjustable passenger floorboards for HD touring-kuryakyn-pegs-002.jpg   Rivco adjustable passenger floorboards for HD touring-kuryakyn-pegs-003.jpg   Rivco adjustable passenger floorboards for HD touring-kuryakyn-pegs-004.jpg   Rivco adjustable passenger floorboards for HD touring-kuryakyn-pegs-005.jpg  

Last edited by soos; 05-21-2010 at 10:07 PM.
Old 05-21-2010, 10:14 PM
bellgnte
Road Master

Thanks for the pics. It isn't really the reach. It is moving to diff positions on a long ride like I can as a driver. I realize it will never be the same for her but she does rest her calves on the front of the floorboards sometimes when I am on the highway pegs. Thanks for the info.

Old 05-25-2010, 09:21 AM
COOP6331
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Too close to exhaust plus she would have to lean over to adjust them- i wouldnt advise it

Old 05-25-2010, 11:15 AM
07FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Changing positions on any of these systems on the fly I'd say not a real good idea but, we stop every 90 mins or so for her to streach & me to smoke so I'd change then. Been thinking of getting something for the OL. Help a buddy install the Kury one's about 2 weeks ago for a trip planned this summer, then he found out he'll be having a heart valve replaced next Friday! Trip CANCELLED!

Old 05-25-2010, 01:22 PM
FLUltrarider
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I saw them at the Leesburg bike fest this year. They were in the Kuryakin tent though on a demo bike they had on display with all this "stuff" they make mounted on it. They looked like a good piece of kit to me, very well made and the adjustment was smooth and dependable, as well as very flexible so you had a lot of options. I want a pair for my SO's comfort on the bike too, but they only come in polished/chrome. I really want them in black (I hate chrome). I'm also only getting the mount as i want to keep my stock boards. Again, I don't need a billet, polished/chrome floor board. I got enough chrome and aluminum to keep clean on the stock bike. I gave up polishing brass and shoes when I left the service. I'm sure not about to waste my time polishing polishing chrome on a bike.

Quick Reply: Rivco adjustable passenger floorboards for HD touring