Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I GOT IT BACK!!!!! TMan 107 Stage III!!!!! WOW!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2010, 08:24 PM
Big Twi$t
Stellar HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 44 Posts
Default I GOT IT BACK!!!!! TMan 107 Stage III!!!!! WOW!!!!

Yep, I finally was able to get my bike back this weekend. Man, is this thing F$&%ING FAST!!! With TONS of torque!!!! Albeit, there are a few bugs that need to be addressed but all and all I'm really impressed. IIRC, it's at 117 torque for now, I need to break it in before we go with a ***** to the wall tune. I didn't get a print out...I'll get the one when we do the final tune. You guys (philm) with HUGE torque monsters...how do you stay on your bikes? I was sliding all over the place, my left foot was flying off the footboard, by bars slipped from my death grip and I was tucking my toe up under my foot brake just to stay on the bike...I think I need a back rest and a more fitted seat! LOL

Also, CFR and Vance & Hines Power Duals are NOT a good match! There's a dip right at 3500 and both Ron and Bob are saying the PDs are the culprit. It's just that the CFRs are wide open and the PDs don't really go back into a 2 after the 1...more like the exhaust follows the path of least resistance and with this set-up, it's just happening (it's going more to the right side than left). They've tuned 100's of CFR slip-ons and 100's of the PDs, just never the 2 combined. And when both Ron and Bob say the same thing...you got to trust them.

Jamie (fuel moto), we looked at your new 2-1-2 header pipe...I might be giving you a call. Anyone want a nice set of Vance & Hines Power Duals?

I'm definitely happy with it...and after I get that "oh ****" expression off my face from almost falling off...the big grin appears! LOL

Old 02-21-2010, 08:27 PM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts

Do what you want, but if you throw a FatCat on that machine, you'll shat your pants for sure. You'll blow 120ft/lbs TQ right out of the water.

Good luck.

Old 02-21-2010, 08:33 PM
leohd
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

brypink, my bikes faster!!! meet me on my corner and lets race

Old 02-21-2010, 08:33 PM
Big Twi$t
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by UltraKla$$ic
Do what you want, but if you throw a FatCat on that machine, you'll shat your pants for sure. You'll blow 120ft/lbs TQ right out of the water.

Good luck.
I'm right at 117...with this set-up. Plus, I have extended bags coming with dual cut outs and I love the way the CFRs sound. They are not going anywhere.

More importantly, I'm not "chasing" numbers. If after the final tune, I'm still at 117, I'll still be happy. It's more than enough.

Old 02-21-2010, 08:34 PM
Big Twi$t
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by leohd
brypink, my bikes faster
Hey dude, did I tell you I got a new GSD pup?

Last edited by Big Twi$t; 02-21-2010 at 08:42 PM.
Old 02-21-2010, 08:36 PM
Dalton
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Glad you are happy with itl. I just did a HQ 107ST build and installed the Fuelmoto 2-1-2 headpipes and Jackpot mufflers and actually am quite impressed with them. Bike has yet to be dyno'd, but very good construction/fit/finish.

Old 02-21-2010, 08:37 PM
EasyriderFI
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lucky Man.
I get mine back in the morning. Its no 117 but I have never felt that kind of pull on 2 wheels. My 95 stage III may give me 110TQ.
I CANT WAIT!!!.

Old 02-21-2010, 09:27 PM
Big Twi$t
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by Dalton
Glad you are happy with itl. I just did a HQ 107ST build and installed the Fuelmoto 2-1-2 headpipes and Jackpot mufflers and actually am quite impressed with them. Bike has yet to be dyno'd, but very good construction/fit/finish.
Thats good to know, thanks!

Old 02-21-2010, 09:33 PM
PhilM
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Congrats Bryan!

I told ya "things would be different"....

Can't wait to hear about it after new pipe & final tune... Enjoy!!!!

Old 02-21-2010, 09:50 PM
rock92
Road Captain
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

sounds sweet!!! hope to have mine together this week and be able to join the ol shat party.

Quick Reply: I GOT IT BACK!!!!! TMan 107 Stage III!!!!! WOW!!!!