Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

sundowner seat for road king classic

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2010, 10:54 AM
bjoneill
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like mine but it does move you further forward than I would like.

Old 02-02-2010, 06:16 PM
DGlide04
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I loved the one that I had on my 2004 RK Standard, very comfy. I have gone in another direction with the bike and no longer use it. It was lowered 1" by Mean City Cycles and still is very comfortable, just dropped me (shorter leg syndrome) so I could get flat footed.

It's for sale, if you're interested PM me.

Old 02-02-2010, 06:22 PM
brockstwrt
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I've had sundowners on all of my bikes. Seats cost good money and I don't want to waste money trying different seats when the sundowner works so good for me. I did an iron butt on my vrod with a sundowner last year and could've went farther. I like the sundowner so much because my butt fits in the saddle instead of on it. Must be why people say it's big and ugly lol.

Old 10-01-2010, 12:33 PM
D'Artagnan
Advanced

Help me out. If I'm reading the HD catalog right, the Sundowner solo fits 97-07 Road Kings.

I need a good solo seat for a 2010 FLHR and like the Sundowner. Am I just looking in the wrong place or reading the catalog wrong?

http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US

Old 10-01-2010, 12:40 PM
JonnyD
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by D'Artagnan
Help me out. If I'm reading the HD catalog right, the Sundowner solo fits 97-07 Road Kings.

I need a good solo seat for a 2010 FLHR and like the Sundowner. Am I just looking in the wrong place or reading the catalog wrong?

http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US
See THIS ??

Old 10-01-2010, 12:46 PM
KING'S RIDE
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I went with the mustang solo, and a separate one for the lady. The look of the solo is awesome, and the comfort of the passenger is great for her. its a win win IMO. and I think you can get a backrest with the solo also. i didn't want one so didn't really look into it.

Attached Thumbnails sundowner seat for road king classic-new-pics-of-bike.jpg   sundowner seat for road king classic-dsc00979.jpg  
Old 10-01-2010, 01:10 PM
RaceFace
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I didn't like mine at all. It pushed me too close to the tank. I just found it in the garage and will be popping it up for sale here in the classifieds soon.

Old 10-01-2010, 01:31 PM
apolo07
Intermediate

The sundowner was the first mod i did to my bike, very comfortable and i think it looks great. I also had one on my 2001 RKC.

Old 10-01-2010, 03:42 PM
nytryder
Elite HDF Member
Received 297 Likes on 177 Posts

The Sundowner is a good seat. Personally I like the Mustang Touring Seat better. On the other hand for weekend trips the Sundowner is perfect. When my wife and I travel we will consistently go 350- 600 mi a day for a week or two. For us the Mustang is the better of the two. The Mustang is over 100.00 more though. The stock seat just plain sucked for 2 up riding.

Old 10-01-2010, 03:57 PM
HarleypsychRN
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's very comfortable, look I don't believe in cutting corners for comfort or safety when I ride but honestly, it's a great seat AND it matches the bags so the look is consistent. Seats are a very subjective thing depending on body type and height. I'm 5'11" and for me it's perfect. I love my Road King Classic I wouldn't change the bars or wheels...it's great the way it is. The Sundowner has lower back support and you sit just a tad lower (not much) but it feels different. That stock seat is god-awfull.

Quick Reply: sundowner seat for road king classic