Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

pic's of ape hangers on touring bikes?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2011, 11:06 PM
1sweetglide08
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just had Wild Ones 577 12.5 inch install. Not the best picture...taken will cell phone.

Attached Thumbnails pic's of ape hangers on touring bikes?-wo-577.jpg  
Old 08-11-2011, 02:15 PM
itsaw0rkinpr0gre$$
"Seeker of Freedom"
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tat2fatboy
hey itsaw0rkinpr0gre$$ what windshield is that in the pics???? bike looks great
Klockwerks 8.5"

Old 08-11-2011, 02:37 PM
aggro_jo
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Lots of nice bikes in this thread. For you big guys looking for comfort over appearance....

Sit on your bike with your arms hanging straight down at your sides then have someone measure 3 inches up from your elbow. That is the height your bars should be.

Many ergonomics studies have reached the exact same conclusion that having your hands 2-3 inches higher than your elbow with the arms relaxed is the best position for the body to be in for any length of time. This also does wonders to prevent back/neck strain.

Again, not knocking the apes, just offering some info for folks looking for comfort.

Old 08-11-2011, 03:38 PM
DbbleD
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Monkey Bars

Originally Posted by nlando
No need to remove the radio. Just take out the ignition, and you can remove and replace bars. The only issue is adjustment of bars onto clamp before you put them back in. Took two tries to get it right.
I'm going to be installing 10' Monkey bars soon. If you don't take the radio out, how do you get to the front clamp bolts?

Thanks -DD

Old 08-21-2011, 12:33 PM
bizkuit
Stage I

Same height..Why the 18s brother.. -bizkuit

Old 12-12-2011, 09:32 AM
StreetGlideRdr
Stage II
Default 14" Santee bars on Street Glide

Dusty6700 what wireing/cabling did you need for the install of the 14" s? You mentioned you needed a +8" clutch but the brake cable was long enough. Did you have to soder any wires? Where do you recommend getting the cables/wires from? Sorry for the 20 questions

Old 12-13-2011, 11:09 PM
yardsaledave
Novice
Default OEM Monkey Bars on a SG?

I actually like the pointy corner at the bottom of the OEM Monkey Bars for Road Glide and Road Kings. Anybody know of a reason why a guy couldn't use these on a 2011 Street Glide?

Last edited by yardsaledave; 12-13-2011 at 11:18 PM.
Old 12-14-2011, 03:02 AM
ripper43
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by yardsaledave
I actually like the pointy corner at the bottom of the OEM Monkey Bars for Road Glide and Road Kings. Anybody know of a reason why a guy couldn't use these on a 2011 Street Glide?
They do not have the inner fairing bend in them like the FLH ones do. they would hit the fairing. other than that I don't know why they couldn't put the point in bottom of the FLH style bars.

Old 12-14-2011, 07:26 AM
Rock Chalk
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by DbbleD
I'm going to be installing 10' Monkey bars soon. If you don't take the radio out, how do you get to the front clamp bolts?

Thanks -DD
I'm not sure that's possible. I just did mine last weekend (at least took them apart, still trying to wire ), and I don't see anyway to get to those bolts w/o taking the radio out.

Old 12-14-2011, 10:21 AM
steelhead
Road Master

Pulled mine off last weekend and will reinstall this weekend. You can get to the clamps by simply pulling the radio back a couple of inches. I ended up taking mine out though as it was just easier. the front bolts are the trickiest as they are right below the inner fairing. I took an allen wrench and sawed off 1/2" from the short side to allow easier access under the fairing.

Quick Reply: pic's of ape hangers on touring bikes?