Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SE211 cams in '09 96"???

Old 01-25-2009, 06:50 PM
golfinfool
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SE211 cams in '09 96"???

I just purchased an '09 EGS in black denim yesterday. The only question now is what cams to go with. All it is going to have is V&H Monster Ovals, V&H Dresser Duals, SE A/C and a SE Pro Tuner and different cams. I'm not looking for something that is gonna haul ***, just a little added torque. Are the SE211's gonna give me what I'm looking for or should I go with something else. I want to stay with SE cams so it does not "void the warranty". I really dont want to go with adj. pushrods and all other items, just cams. If anyone has feedback on these cams or other SE cams please let me know. Thanks, Steve

Old 01-25-2009, 07:16 PM
Donnylee
Stellar HDF Member
Received 711 Likes on 274 Posts

I just switched my mufflers to Bassani inch 4 inverted, have the Bassani Power curve in front of them and my performance is 105TQ and 95HP with the SE211. The power is now much broader then it ever was with the CFRs, or the Reinharts. I have 100TQ on the grip at 2500 RPM.

I do have adjustable pushrods, SERT, Just added a Super Sucker air cleaner this last dyno session. I have dynoed 3 different mufflers since I have had this bike with 211s installed.

The 211s in a 96 needs a muffler with a little bit of back pressure if you running true dual headpipes, most mufflers have a baffle so I do not expect you would encounter this. I had some reversion issues with the CFRs. They are very "open mufflers" no baffles. The ovals you propose should fit the bill with no problem.

Everyone likes what they run. And that is what your likely to hear from folks. No different then me. But I have had very good results making power with these cams and leaving my 96 a 96. A few others on the forum have followed what I have done, and all report back they were very happy with the results. My advise is to look at the information that is on this site, and make a decision. Your mileage may vary, and a good dyno tune is everything!

Old 01-25-2009, 07:58 PM
golfinfool
Intermediate

Those are some good numbers for a 96 with no other "major" modifications. You still have stock compression and no work on the heads? I'd be happy with mid 80's for HP and around 100 TQ. A guy I work with has an '08 Ultra that he had 255's put in and he claims there are no better cams for this application. Not so sure I want a cam with that big of lift though. I dont want to start changing out springs and other things. I've heard that the cost of adj. pushrods are not much more $$ considering it is alot less labor to install them than stock pushrods when changing cams. I just hope my local HD tuner knows what he's doing.

Old 01-25-2009, 08:54 PM
soundman
Road Captain

I have the 211 cams in my 08. I had them put in at the 5k service along with SE A/C, SERT, and I chose Superttrap Supermegs 2:1 exhaust. I went with the Superttraps for the tuneability and torque. They have a unique sound as well. My bike was dynoed and produced 91hp and 93tq. It really woke the bike up. Stock dyno run was 64hp and 81tq. It now has enough power to pull the front wheel off the ground or roast the rear tire, not that I do that, but it's cool knowing that a big bike can do it. My dealer also used the adjustable pushrods. The reason for that is that they don't have to pull the rocker covers off the top end during the cam install. They just cut the stock pushrods in half to get them out, and adjust the new ones to the right length once they're in place. It appears to be standard practice. I'm very happy with my setup. No problem riding 2 up and pulling away.

Old 01-25-2009, 08:57 PM
soundman
Road Captain

BTW, my dealer told me that most mods including changing to a SE A/C 'technically' voids the warranty, however, it usually isn't an issue.

Old 01-26-2009, 09:41 AM
golfinfool
Intermediate

Donnylee, do you have a dyno sheet on that? I'm just curious but I'd like to take a look at where the tq and hp are in relation to rpm's. Can you feel the power "come in" or drop off at any point. I've got 1 tuner telling me 211's are the way to go and another telling me that 211's are more for higher rpm applications. Thanks, Steve

Old 01-26-2009, 09:53 AM
IceHeritage
Road Master

I also have the 211's in my Bike and I Love them, you can feel the 211 come in around 2800-3000 RPM'sand pull thru-out