Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Flag mounts for Street Glides

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2012, 03:38 PM
Irish Joe
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought one from www.rumblingpride.com at last year's Lonestar Rally. I mounts behind the license plate, and in my opinion, looks great on the low sleek lines of the SG.

Old 11-05-2012, 03:57 PM
shooter5074
Outstanding HDF Member
Location: Western Illinois, land of bad roads, and corrupt politicians
Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Puggy
Don't have a tour pack. Anybody got any suggestions as to where to get mounts, where to mount, etc? I've got a buddy that works in a machine shop and does good work, just need suggestions and may have him design something for me if necessary.

This will hold a 3X5 flag at highway speeds. This is the prototype..... not pretty yet in the pictures. The pole is PVC with an aluminum tube and oak dowel inside.

I've had this rig up to 75 mph.

Old 09-09-2016, 09:05 PM
MUDDCATT
Stage I
Default Are these mounts still available?

Originally Posted by TOP-CVMA
I got this flag mount from a friend of mine who used to make them. He might be interested in making more if there is a demand.

I have a '12 SG and the flag mount screws into stock holes on the backrest pad using the stock screws.

It is as solid as it can get but I have not run it at highway speeds. I think it would hold.

I use a standard aluminum flag pole but run a 1/2 in PCV up inside the pole for stability. Prevents the flag pole from breaking.

Let me know if you are interested.

Please spread the word, I am sure there are lots of guys who would like to mount a flag on a SG and this is the simplest, cleanest, easiet you will find.
I was curious if these mounts are still made? It is perfect for what I need on my Softail with the Patriot Guard. Thnx, MUDDCATT

Old 09-10-2016, 02:08 PM
IzzoQuazzo
Retired Admin

Received 9,039 Likes on 3,711 Posts

Check out the Patriot Guard section here on HD Forums. Lots of good ideas there. Here's mine. The tubes are fishing pole holders for trolling:

Old 09-10-2016, 03:10 PM
sr230mike
Road Captain
Received 94 Likes on 59 Posts

How do I find the Patriot Guard section?

Old 09-10-2016, 04:15 PM
Weavr99FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by sr230mike
How do I find the Patriot Guard section?
Instead of "Harley Davidson Motorcycles --> Touring Models". It is "This 'n That --> The Patriot Guard Riders"

Old 09-10-2016, 05:37 PM
IzzoQuazzo
Retired Admin

Received 9,039 Likes on 3,711 Posts
Old 09-12-2016, 06:03 PM
sr230mike
Road Captain
Received 94 Likes on 59 Posts

Thanks .

Old 09-12-2016, 06:32 PM
Spartanden
Club Member

Received 8,264 Likes on 6,018 Posts

Wish I could post pictures. I run 3x5 on a collapsible paint stick. Drilled and bolted eye bolt in bottom of pole. Have small L shape plate mounted to the right rear muffler mount. Have a small tubular mount on luggage rack and a chrome cable mount on the pole to attach to luggage rack. Wrap flag and cover with fly rod sock. When I get to site, remove sock, unwrap, extend pole and ride. Sturdy but would not want to travel far on highway.

Old 09-20-2018, 04:02 PM
barry stewart
Stage III
Default I'd be i

Originally Posted by TOP-CVMA
I got this flag mount from a friend of mine who used to make them. He might be interested in making more if there is a demand.

I have a '12 SG and the flag mount screws into stock holes on the backrest pad using the stock screws.

It is as solid as it can get but I have not run it at highway speeds. I think it would hold.

I use a standard aluminum flag pole but run a 1/2 in PCV up inside the pole for stability. Prevents the flag pole from breaking.

Let me know if you are interested.

Please spread the word, I am sure there are lots of guys who would like to mount a flag on a SG and this is the simplest, cleanest, easiet you will find.

I would like to know the cost and how quickly I could get one

Quick Reply: Flag mounts for Street Glides