Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corbin seat.......

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 11:06 PM
TexasRedneck
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Corbin seat.......

Okay....ya'll know my opinions of Corbin's "Customer Service" already. Ah've no doubt that you wonder how accurate mah description of the phone conversation is. Ah figgered that mebbe I jest got someone too low on the food chain to really care, and as ah've said before - ah've owned a number of Corbin seats and have like 'em - but the Ultra is a different beast, an' their website doesn't show much - so the followin' is a email string.

Ya'll tell me what YOU think of it...

Begin:
<note their reply is above my query...>

Thanks for the email. Heated DT seat is controlled by a single switch with high/low setting for both seating areas.
Sorry, we do not have any custom seat pictures. However, try Google searching "custom corbin seats". I'm sure you will find many examples.
Price of seat is $499. Backrests are sold individually.
Please call 800-223-4332 ext 319 for ordering. - John
-----Original Message-----
From: gmandry@satx.rr.com () (by way of Michael Alva <michael.alva@mike-corbin.com&gt
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 12:39:29
To:johnm@corbin.com
Subject: sales lead - Corbin General Mail

Below is the result of your feedback form. It was submitted by
(gmandry@satx.rr.com) on Monday, September 24, 2007 at 21:23:27
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

name: George Mandry

email2: gmandry@satx.rr.com

phone: 210-392-8840

subject2: Saddle for 2007 FLHTCU

comments: Hi - looking for a all-leather saddle (and probably rider &
passenger backrest) for my red 2007 Ultra. Is the heated seat
individually controlled as it is with a Goldwing, or are they both
controlled (passenger and rider) with a single switch?

I'm wanting something a bit unique in terms of stitching/panels,
without being too far "out there". Do you have a link for custom
panels/stitching you could send me, along with some pricing
guidelines? Also, how custom do you make these? I'm 6', 270 lbs -
but the wife is 5', 110 lbs.

Thanks!

Old 09-27-2007, 11:58 PM
Biggzed
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 320 Likes on 196 Posts
Default RE: Corbin seat.......

What.... and you didn't go ahead and place the order after all that help they gave you.

I'm a huge fan of Corbin products, but it's probably because they seem to fit me perfect straight out of the box. I've never had to rely on their customer service for anything. Just lucky I guess.

Hope you find your answers.

Old 09-28-2007, 12:58 AM
TexasRedneck
Elite HDF Member

That's the frustratin' part...IF ah could git some help, we'd likely go ahead an' order it - but for Pete's sake - WHY do they make it so freakin' hard?!??

Old 09-28-2007, 06:45 AM
ianchris1
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

With all the problems you have with them, why not just boycott them completely? I mean, there has to be a company out there that has at least equal quality or close to. I don't know much about seats because I don't do enough touring for it to matter, but it seems that Corbin doesn't have a monopoly on comfort. JMO. But yeah, they obviously don't care about their customers. I am thinking Danny Gray for mine after reading about Corbin...

Old 09-28-2007, 06:49 AM
DI75
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you talk like you spell, no wonder you don't get any service..... I'm joking!!!

Old 09-28-2007, 08:19 AM
Fishguy001
Road Captain

you might call Pepper at Ormond Beach - he was very helpful to me when I ordered mine last spring. Told me about the various stitching patterns and where to find them on their website etc.

Old 09-28-2007, 09:47 AM
rkcrwlr
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just went through the same kind of crap with them. I wanteda two tone Black and tan seat. They suggested sending a couple of color snips since they said the colors shown an the web page are not very accurrate. Its been two months and several reminders.... no snips. Asked about stitching and got the same thing you did. Not on the web site, but go track it down on the net and send us a pic. Its like they are a fly-by-night business that I would not trust with my money. That said, they are CORBIN! They are supposed to be better than that. I think thier service is starting to really give them negative feedback, thier myth of being the only high end seat is fading with the on slought on new offerings on the market, and we just saw a significant price drop from them. Got to wonder whats going on in the back room in Hollister.

Old 09-28-2007, 10:01 AM
bdr
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Business's like this are becoming the norm anymore and I absolutly will not deal with people like that.
I haven't had to deal with corbin yet but if they treat me like what I am reading about they are going to get an ear full and the next company that has some service will get my business. I am not a big fan of their seats anyway so for me it would be no loss.
I decieded a couple of years ago that my money is too hard to earn and if a company doesn't want to give me the time of day I will move on, the more we do that the better service will get, it may take longer then I can wait but somebody will eventually get taken care better then we did.
I ask for the managers now and if they can't remedy the situation I let them know which side of the bread there butter is on and suprisingly enough you do get better service ( sometimes) and sometimes you get a perk for hanging in there with them.
Squeaky wheel gets the grease brother, and sometimes the bearings freeze!!!! LOL
BDR

Old 09-28-2007, 10:55 AM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,330 Likes on 2,524 Posts

george,

try calling sergio, he was able to hook me up. he works in ormond same as pepper. here's his contact info:

Sergio Medeiros
Manager,Ormond Beach sales & Warehouse
sergio@corbin.com
Corbin Saddles.
1433 N US 1 Ormond Beach ,Fl 32174
Toll Free: 1-800-223-4332 EXT. 316
Local: 1-386-615-1205
Fax: 1-386-615-1202

Old 09-28-2007, 07:48 PM
TexasRedneck
Elite HDF Member

ORIGINAL: DI75
If you talk like you spell, no wonder you don't get any service..... I'm joking!!!
Hey - an' jest what's wrong with mah spellin'?!? Ah'll have ya know ah gradjiated the 3rd grade 4 times!

Quick Reply: Corbin seat.......