Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pre 2014 CVO Rear Fender

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2015, 07:01 AM
Madd Max
Advanced
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Pre 2014 CVO Rear Fender

I have a 15 Street glide special and would like to put a CVO rear fender on it. I like the older style unit, but they only list the newer style for Rushmore bikes. Can I retrofit the pre 14 unit on a 15 model. Do anyone know what is reguired to make it fit?

Old 12-02-2015, 02:32 AM
Madd Max
Advanced

Bump.

Old 12-02-2015, 07:20 AM
Fatboy Brian
Grand HDF Member
Received 467 Likes on 192 Posts

I have a Topshop Minister Fender on mine, the old style lights. It's not a plug a play procedure. It does take some grinding and you also have to rewire the plug in.

Old 12-02-2015, 07:22 AM
Fatboy Brian
Grand HDF Member

Here's a pic.

Attached Thumbnails Pre 2014 CVO Rear Fender-14a.jpg  
Old 12-02-2015, 11:12 AM
Madd Max
Advanced

Looks nice, are those harley extended bags? Do you have any pictures from the rear? Thanks.

Old 12-02-2015, 07:05 PM
Fatboy Brian
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by Madd Max
Looks nice, are those harley extended bags? Do you have any pictures from the rear? Thanks.
Yep, CVO bags.

Attached Thumbnails Pre 2014 CVO Rear Fender-dscn0027.jpg  
Old 12-03-2015, 11:31 AM
acd118
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Fatboy Brian
I have a Topshop Minister Fender on mine, the old style lights. It's not a plug a play procedure. It does take some grinding and you also have to rewire the plug in.
Brian,

Looks real nice. If you don't mind me asking, how much in total parts? I have a painter. You can PM me if you don't feel comfortable talking prices if you wouldn't mind. I've been trying to figure out the best way to get the CVO style on the back of my SG, but can't see for the life of me spending $999.00 for the fender/facia/lights from Harley, then another $300 or so for paint. Also, is that fiberglass and is the fender/facia all one piece? I'm weird because I actually like the one piece idea. I hate having to "add" stuff onto my bike just to get a look.

There is a really nice set up on ebay I've been checking out. But wanted to get some insight from someone who has actually done the work and knows what all is necessary. I've read the forums here, but they are old and it seems like there isn't a complete list of parts unless you get the actual CVO fender/facia/lights.

Thanks

Old 12-03-2015, 05:46 PM
Bmusg
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by acd118
Brian,

Looks real nice. If you don't mind me asking, how much in total parts? I have a painter. You can PM me if you don't feel comfortable talking prices if you wouldn't mind. I've been trying to figure out the best way to get the CVO style on the back of my SG, but can't see for the life of me spending $999.00 for the fender/facia/lights from Harley, then another $300 or so for paint. Also, is that fiberglass and is the fender/facia all one piece? I'm weird because I actually like the one piece idea. I hate having to "add" stuff onto my bike just to get a look.

There is a really nice set up on ebay I've been checking out. But wanted to get some insight from someone who has actually done the work and knows what all is necessary. I've read the forums here, but they are old and it seems like there isn't a complete list of parts unless you get the actual CVO fender/facia/lights.

Thanks
By the time you add lights and a license mount to a Top Shop fender, I'm sure you're over a grand before paint. It's a nice looking fender, cleaner than the Harley. The price of the Harley CVO fender kit is a relative bargain if you get it from a 20% off vendor and are running CVO bags. You're getting a steel fender with plug and play lights, all hardware and you know it will work with your back rests, racks etc. If you're not running CVO bags, you should match the fender to your bags. It looks like he** when the fender and bag exhaust cutouts don't line up.

Old 12-03-2015, 07:44 PM
Fatboy Brian
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by acd118
Brian,

Thanks
It is a one piece fender. I've had it for 2 years and it's held up nicely. I think I have about $1250 in it including lights and I painted it myself. As one of the other posters stated. Make sure you know what bags you are going to use before any purchase. They do crappy if the exhaust cut outs don't line up.

Here's a link. https://www.facebook.com/TopshopBaggerProducts