Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rivco Adjustable Passenger Floorboards

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2015, 09:29 AM
Baldman
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Rivco Adjustable Passenger Floorboards

Anyone have any info on these?

I had the stock passenger floorboards with Kuryakyn extended brackets and their adjustable pegs, but after the right side falling off for the 2nd time, I'm done with them!

The 1st time there wasn't even a passenger and the bolt sheared off. Drilled it out and installed with a grade 8 again. Same thing happened (year apart or so), except not as lucky this time with the assembly just sliding down the highway... instead it was ran over from traffic behind me. Adjustable arm, peg, and stock floorboard demolished.

So I'm looking for something that has adjustability and is built to last and safer!

If all else fails I will just put a right side stock floorboard back on for now, but would really like the adjustability for her on the long trips.

Any and all info appreciated!

Old 08-09-2015, 01:06 AM
Clint44
Road Warrior
Received 663 Likes on 412 Posts

Either the Rivco adjustable floorboard mounts or these from H-D will be what I'm installing on our 2011 SG: http://www.harley-davidson.com/store...oard-mount-kit

Last edited by Clint44; 08-09-2015 at 01:17 AM.
Old 08-09-2015, 02:14 AM
Ron750
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,547 Likes on 6,276 Posts

I bought my '03 in 2011. I put the Kurys on that year, and the left one never worked correctly, and the right one made my stock grade 8 shear off, and I lost my floorboard. I did extensive searches then, and found at least 10 other posters, that this happened to.
On the pre '09s, there is only one bolt holding the floorboards, and the extra weight amplifies the vibration, leading to shearing. Everybody gives you a blank stare when you try to explain this, and doesn't believe me when I tell them to buy the Rivcos. I have recommended them many times on here, and very few buy them.

They are awesome. Well built, billet aluminium, triple chrome plated, rotate 360°. Made in USA.The last thread I recommended them on, the OP didn't buy them, because you can't adjust them on the fly. My wife usually keeps them in the lowest position because she has long legs. On a long ride I might change position at a gas stop.
Mine have been on for about 30k, still mounted solidly to the base, which absorbs the vibration, preventing shearing. Get them. You will love them.

High

Low

This video is out of date. They have a nicer knurled ****, than the ugly pins in the video.
http://rivcoproducts.com/shop-by-cat...tg-models.html

Last edited by Ron750; 08-09-2015 at 02:32 AM. Reason: Link
Old 08-09-2015, 08:21 AM
Baldman
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Ron750
I bought my '03 in 2011. I put the Kurys on that year, and the left one never worked correctly, and the right one made my stock grade 8 shear off, and I lost my floorboard. I did extensive searches then, and found at least 10 other posters, that this happened to.
On the pre '09s, there is only one bolt holding the floorboards, and the extra weight amplifies the vibration, leading to shearing. Everybody gives you a blank stare when you try to explain this, and doesn't believe me when I tell them to buy the Rivcos. I have recommended them many times on here, and very few buy them.

They are awesome. Well built, billet aluminium, triple chrome plated, rotate 360°. Made in USA.The last thread I recommended them on, the OP didn't buy them, because you can't adjust them on the fly. My wife usually keeps them in the lowest position because she has long legs. On a long ride I might change position at a gas stop.
Mine have been on for about 30k, still mounted solidly to the base, which absorbs the vibration, preventing shearing. Get them. You will love them.

High

Low

This video is out of date. They have a nicer knurled ****, than the ugly pins in the video.
Adjustable Passenger Floorboards for Harley-Davidsons - YouTubehttp://rivcoproducts.com/shop-by-cat...tg-models.html

Thanks for the info!

I watched that video before posting and the pins are what made me wonder how durable or rugged the Rivco's were.

I picked up a set of Streetglide pegs, so at least she has something for now.

I'm just thinking out loud here, but you would think the left board would be the weaker one since it gets used more getting on and off, but I've only heard it's the right side that the bolt shears off!?

Thanks again!

Last edited by Baldman; 08-09-2015 at 09:13 AM.
Old 08-09-2015, 08:31 AM
NELS
Road Master
Received 119 Likes on 94 Posts

I put the Rivco's with the pin on my "10RK right after I bought the bike. A small pin hole spot of chrome is missing but that is the only problen to date with them. My girl likes to ride with the boards back and up like riding on a chopper and they are out of my way completly . Highly recommended !

Old 08-09-2015, 09:15 AM
Baldman
Road Captain

Originally Posted by NELS
I put the Rivco's with the pin on my "10RK right after I bought the bike. A small pin hole spot of chrome is missing but that is the only problen to date with them. My girl likes to ride with the boards back and up like riding on a chopper and they are out of my way completly . Highly recommended !
Good deal! That's sweet if mine rides the same and boards out of my way!

Thanks!

Old 08-09-2015, 09:22 AM
just plain john
Elite HDF Member
Received 98 Likes on 79 Posts

I run a pair of Kuryakyn Transformer II passenger board and the OL digs them. One of my first mods and about 2 1/2 years on them with no issues. They are wide, with a forward pivoting arm that allows for alternate foot placement. I can't seem to find them on line now, they might be out of production. Pretty spendy at about $250 IIRC. You can see them in my sig pic folded into the up position.

Old 08-09-2015, 09:48 AM
Ron750
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,547 Likes on 6,276 Posts

Originally Posted by Baldman
Thanks for the info!

I watched that video before posting and the pins are what made me wonder how durable or rugged the Rivco's were.

I picked up a set of Streetglide pegs, so at least she has something for now.

I'm just thinking out loud here, but you would think the left board would be the weaker one since it gets used more getting on and off, but I've only heard it's the right side that the bolt shears off!?

Thanks again!
I don't think getting on and off has anything to do with it. I mostly ride solo, and mine sheared off after only a couple of months, so my wife hardly used the Kurys. My pipes are on the right side, so maybe the right vibrates more.

Old 08-09-2015, 09:51 AM
Baldman
Road Captain

Originally Posted by just plain john
I run a pair of Kuryakyn Transformer II passenger board and the OL digs them. One of my first mods and about 2 1/2 years on them with no issues. They are wide, with a forward pivoting arm that allows for alternate foot placement. I can't seem to find them on line now, they might be out of production. Pretty spendy at about $250 IIRC. You can see them in my sig pic folded into the up position.
My Kuryakyn's adjustable passenger pegs model number is 7926.