Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling All Sportster Baggers...Post Pics of your Bagger

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2015 | 12:45 PM
kingxirol
Road Master
Smile

Originally Posted by EXNAUTI
Nice!
Hey did you repaint it or use it as it came?
My bikes the sierra red - wonder what my chances would be of finding a good rattle can match in Krylon for plastics?
(although if it's black it wouldn't look bad either.)
I'm really leaning towards grabbing that fairing and some new bars for my winter project!
If you ever get a minute in the next couple months, to take a few more pics (like front on, sides, back) and post them here, it would be much appreciated!
They come painted in gloss black so I didn't need to paint it. I will take the close-up pics in next few days and post to this thread. Attaching one of the side profile pics that I took a couple of months ago while on a mountain run.

Attached Thumbnails Calling All Sportster Baggers...Post Pics of your Bagger-20150426_140013.jpg  
Old 09-11-2015 | 08:10 PM
hscic
|
Grand HDF Member

Finally completed my install of the Antigravity 16 cell Lithium CCA480 small case battery. Check out the size difference. Fraction of the stock battery weight. Was able to hide some wires on the side of the battery. Started it up and wow, literally no hesitation.

This is not a pic of the final install but just to give you an idea. Modified that terminal cover so it lays flat on the posts, used velcro to secure the main fuse/ECM harness directly to the battery, and used a zip tie to secure the battery to the compartment instead of using the stock bracket.

Last edited by hscic; 09-11-2015 at 08:17 PM.
Old 09-12-2015 | 05:50 AM
Staggie
Cruiser

Though great for warm weather use, I found that I had issues starting my previous motorcycle (Buell 1125R) in the winter months. I ended up pulling the battery and storing it inside leaving it on the Shorai charger I had.

Old 09-15-2015 | 10:42 AM
hscic
|
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by hlgsn

Dyna tank on efi sporty

Are those Memphis Shades Batwing Fairings? If not, what kind of fairing do you have and where did you get it? Thanks

Old 09-15-2015 | 11:11 PM
benjamin lorenzo
Tourer
Default 2013 xl 1200 c

Just bought it a month ago. Already put over 1k mikes on it. Love taking the back roads to and from work, commuting has never been so fun.

Attached Thumbnails Calling All Sportster Baggers...Post Pics of your Bagger-20150912_100429.jpg  
Old 09-16-2015 | 02:39 AM
hscic
|
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by benjamin lorenzo
Just bought it a month ago. Already put over 1k mikes on it. Love taking the back roads to and from work, commuting has never been so fun.
Nice Custom....my kind of bike...lots of chrome!

Old 09-16-2015 | 03:59 AM
BensonUK
Road Captain

I think it is is MS batwing but for a road king as it has the 7" headlight.
It was his bike that made me even want to have a Sporty Bagger.

Old 09-16-2015 | 10:26 AM
hscic
|
Grand HDF Member

@BensonUK - I agree. hsgsn's ride is one of the nicest sporty baggers I've seen...very inspirational. Does not even look like a sporty. Like how the fairings fit the bike....it does not look out of place.

I found a vendor selling new MS batwings with 7" headlight, choice of windshield, and mounting hardware on ebay for a little less than $550 (not including shipping) which is less than if you purchase elsewhere. So just considering it....I'd say about $1000 investment with custom paint and pin striping to match the rest of my bike.

Old 09-17-2015 | 02:31 AM
BensonUK
Road Captain

well I have just ordered the fairing and hard bags from Tsukayu.
I was going to fit the streetbob version and change the headlight module as well but they were reluctant to sell be the streetbob fairing with sportster mountings as they said it wouldn't fit

I think it is the tank swap on hsgsn's bike which changes the look most away from a sportster

Old 09-17-2015 | 10:49 AM
hscic
|
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by BensonUK
well I have just ordered the fairing and hard bags from Tsukayu.
I was going to fit the streetbob version and change the headlight module as well but they were reluctant to sell be the streetbob fairing with sportster mountings as they said it wouldn't fit

I think it is the tank swap on hsgsn's bike which changes the look most away from a sportster
You will love those Tsukaya hard saddlebags. Easy to install. Quick-release mounts. Lined interior. Positioned forward to cover rear shocks and lines up with fender nicely. Integrated rear light - used mine as an additional brake light (instead of a turn signal) since it is a single element LED and I wanted to still have a turn signal if I ride without the bags...but need to ask Tsukaya to install red instead of amber.

Not sure about the fairings....let us know how that works out for you. You may be right about changing the look by changing the tank. Good luck with your install. Ride safe!

Last edited by hscic; 09-18-2015 at 10:31 AM.

Quick Reply: Calling All Sportster Baggers...Post Pics of your Bagger