Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LePera Bare Bones & My Softail Deluxe

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2014, 08:02 PM
LittleCannon
Advanced
Received 78 Likes on 17 Posts

Just recently I put 300 km (around 180 miles) on my bike with Le Pera Bare Bones in one morning without any problems, cramps or any other inconvenience. Actually, it was surprisingly comfortable ride.

Old 05-29-2014, 08:24 PM
Mikula
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

c&c makes a very VERY good seat that some people seem to overlook until they try it. might be something else for you to look into. their diamond stitch looks awesome (the one on the right in the photo)

Name:  campcsolo.jpg
Views: 2455
Size:  97.6 KB

however, i do have a bare bones on my lo, just installed it two weeks ago. 2nd day i had it, rode literally all day and didn't have a single complaint. and that's with the lowering kit freshly installed so that thing was bumping and grinding the whole time.

Old 06-02-2014, 01:57 PM
moefoties
Cruiser
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Thanks for the feedback everyone. Seems pretty clear everyone's comfort level is unique. I ordered the Bare Bones a couple days ago...should arrive late June. I'll post my review after it's been on for a while.

Old 06-02-2014, 02:20 PM
sjbodie
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the Silhouette. I like it. Didn't feel the need to go with the Bare Bones. Has the same profile. If i had to do it again, I go with the C&C. Nicer looking stitch options. IMHO

Old 06-30-2014, 05:18 PM
moefoties
Cruiser

The Bare Bones is scheduled to arrive by the end of the day. We're finally getting some sunshine here in the gray NorthWest, so I'll pull my bike out of the garage and take a few photos after I get the seat installed. Crossing my fingers.

Old 06-30-2014, 06:14 PM
SoCalSoftailSlim
Elite HDF Member
Received 59 Likes on 46 Posts

Mine works great, but I have the Shotgun Shock and the BB for the Slim.

Old 07-01-2014, 09:15 AM
Knuckles73
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if its a benefit on long rides... what could it hurt on shorter ones?

Old 07-01-2014, 10:34 AM
moefoties
Cruiser

Here are a couple iPhone photos I took right after the install. Then I went for a short ride...enough to get a feel for the way it changed my riding position, but certainly not a long enough ride to comment on comfort yet. As for the riding position, I really like the change. This seat brings me down and back a little (eliminates the feeling of being pushed too close to the tank); back far enough so that I feel like I can really stretch my legs out. Even the way I grip the bars is more comfortable in this seat. HUGE difference in feel from the stock seat. I'm really looking forward to going on a longer ride to get a full sense of what this thing has to offer (or lacks, for that matter). I'm definitely liking the way it looks on the Softail frame!! I'll be back to post more after a longer ride. **Sorry for the tiny photos...not sure why they didn't attach full size**

Attached Thumbnails LePera Bare Bones & My Softail Deluxe-newseat-2-.jpg   LePera Bare Bones & My Softail Deluxe-newseat-3-.jpg  
Old 07-01-2014, 12:23 PM
Scootluver
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

One of the better looking seats for the deluxe. No complaints here

Old 07-03-2014, 04:15 PM
myteamjersey
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was tempted to go with a La Pera seat for my Softail Deluxe, but was hesitant because the way the pillion is installed. I have read bad things on how it's a pin in the @$$ to install the pillion to the solo seat...So I decided to go with a C&C seat. They were awesome enough to do my custom work. Had a Solo seat, Pillion, Tank and Rear Fender Bib, for the times I want to take my bike to shows or ride Solo. The comfort of the ride is nice and smooth, even for my girl. I chose Leather/Vinyl Alligator Embossed leather, let me know what you think.

Before...

and after...

Quick Reply: LePera Bare Bones & My Softail Deluxe