Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

fatboy lo to bobber

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2014 | 01:14 AM
stal94gt
Road Master

I bobbed my night train and it came out pretty cool. softails make really big bobbers so I don't really think it would classify as a bobber.

Old 02-05-2014 | 01:38 AM
standardmoose
|
Advanced

that is one sick ride, thats pretty much what i want to do to mine with the seat, exhaust and rear fender, although i would like the rear fender a little shorter.

did you make the rear fender yourself or buy it?

and were did you get the seat and conversion kit? is the ecu relocated under the pan?

thanks

Old 02-05-2014 | 02:51 AM
stal94gt
Road Master

It is the lucky sucker fender and struts. The seat pan was made by my local shop and they relocated my ecu where the alarm would go in front of the fender. Had i left the ecu on top of the battery the cover would have to be made really tall, almost into the seat. There is already a holder there for the ecu box to fit.

Old 02-05-2014 | 05:45 AM
dansax
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by standardmoose
i can understand what your saying, i saw a fatboy with a really skinny springer and it doesnt look right, but im trying to go for the 2 images i have attached, im not sure if one is actually a crossbones or if some has put crossbones stuff on a fatboy.

but those three are what i am aiming for looks wise,

also the red lip on your bike is exactly what i want to do lol i saw yoru bike on google and thats were i wanted to steal the idea from lol how did you do yours? is it just spray paint or done professionally ?

cheers
I had the wheels powder coated black and then had the lip painted Harley Orange by a professional. They also sell decals that you can put on but I wanted to do it right. Are you sure it was my bike on Google? First I heard of that.

Old 02-05-2014 | 05:52 AM
dansax
Elite HDF Member

I like the two on the outside. The tan colored one really flows nice. Don't rush with anything. There are many ways to go when it comes to seats.

Attached Thumbnails fatboy lo to bobber-20131207_105110.jpg  
Old 02-09-2014 | 04:45 AM
standardmoose
|
Advanced

cheers stal94gt, it looks sic, im not sure wether i want to go strutless or not as i have seen some fenders on demoncycles which are similar but shorter and are strut less, so of like the look of struts be then sometimes i dont haha

thanks for the info

Old 02-09-2014 | 04:51 AM
standardmoose
|
Advanced

completely agree with you dansax on the tan one, i think its the mix of the black and the tan which really sets it off.

and the low 'fat' look to it. if i could i would respray mine that colour. and im thinking of putting the stock bars back on mine to get it looking for like that .

and agree on the no rushing part as well, mainly cos im tight on money at the moment but also getting a new seat and all the parts to go with it seem to be quite expensive as well, so i will be taking my time.

but yeah it was your bike, i think i have an image saved on my phone of here on the laptop as that is the colour i want on my wheels, but im not sure it would be too much if i painted white walls on?

cheers

Old 02-09-2014 | 02:21 PM
tbonetony06
Outstanding HDF Member

I like/prefer having that big fat tire out in front of me on a Bobber. I don't have a Bobber and I thought they all came with the big fat tire out front. A few nice bikes there.

Old 02-09-2014 | 02:44 PM
klf33
Outstanding HDF Member

on an FL front with the spring seat you would want some old school flanders on it, kinda like this ...

Old 02-10-2014 | 01:57 AM
standardmoose
|
Advanced

Originally Posted by tbonetony06
I like/prefer having that big fat tire out in front of me on a Bobber. I don't have a Bobber and I thought they all came with the big fat tire out front. A few nice bikes there.
im the same, i like the look of having the same front and rear tire, so should always have a fat tire on the front, its why i love the look of the 48 sportster, thinks its an awesome lookign bike but way to small for me.

but with regards to the front tire it really seems to go down to preference. im like you in like the fat tire on front but loads of people have smaller tires on the front as well. i think the fat tire is more old school in my opinion.

Quick Reply: fatboy lo to bobber