Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fatboy Lo Hard Bag Search

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2016, 10:33 AM
jwssgs
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mymatrix,
Sorry for yet another intrusion. Video on Cycle Visions site claims that in order to mount the BGGER TAIL, the rear axle must be "reversed". Is that what you had to do? The video is of an older FatBoy...my wife's is 2012 Fatboy Lo. Ordered the Bagger Tail mounts, fillers, realizing I need to relocate the rear turn signals. H-D offers a relocation kit...looks like it simply moves the turn signals further back. I am considering using Plasm Rods to act as Run-Turn-Brake signals as well. Any and all help..information..greatly appreciated.

Old 09-15-2016, 12:08 PM
Lude-a-tick
Road Master
Received 565 Likes on 309 Posts

These are hard bags from a 2012 Switchback mounted on a 2001 Fat Boy.

Old 09-15-2016, 01:54 PM
jwssgs
Novice

Thanks Lude-a-tick,

Looks nice. Great job. Bags are attached using??? Appear to be perfect and closely mounted to the bike.

Old 09-15-2016, 03:10 PM
gmilkman
6th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

ebay bags from colton customs - they're 2014 - current with the one handed latch system - cyclevision bagger tail hardware

Attached Thumbnails Fatboy Lo Hard Bag Search-tahoe_1.jpg   Fatboy Lo Hard Bag Search-tahoe_2.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
jwssgs (09-15-2016)
Old 10-14-2016, 04:38 PM
jwssgs
Novice

Any help greatly appreciated. According to Cycle Vision's website...in order to install the bagger tail on my wife's 2012 Fatboy Lo...it states it is necessary to reverse the rear axle. Anyone have experience with this??? I know many have done this already...just asking if you found it necessary to reverse the rear axle? I simply don't understand the logic behind doing so..therefore seeking the advice of those that have already trudged this road. Many thanks for your insight.

Old 10-14-2016, 07:49 PM
Snowyone
Road Captain
Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

Here's the theory behind the axel reversal which is no big deal. If and when you change out your exhaust to a 2into1 or at least one that hangs below the axel you will have to take off your muffler to remove the axel for a tire change. If you just pull it and put it in the other way(when you're doing your exhaust change) you will not have to do this and just saves time and cussing. As far as reversing it you don't, or at least I didn't, have to do anything but remove the eclip and nut, tap the axel out and start it into the other side. I've replaced my rear tire at least 5 times now and the only other step is the lower bag support just tics the axel head but I just pull up on it a bit and it comes right out.

Old 10-14-2016, 08:24 PM
jwssgs
Novice

Thank you Snowyone. I did consult with Cycle Visions.
after mentioning that she has V&H Big Radius 2 into 1, the tech stated that it would not be necessary to reverse the axle. Hope he is correct. Appreciate your information. Need to get the job started or else it will never be completed.

Old 10-20-2016, 08:25 AM
jwssgs
Novice

OK...now another inquiry. Has anyone added plasma rods to their softail bagger? Ordered a pair for my wife's FB Lo and my SGS. Considering where to place them on her bike...choices being the rear fender sides or on the insides of the HD bags. If I choose the bags...would need to make a quick disconnect in order to remove the bags for whatever reason. Since there are 4 wires (I believe that # is correct) seriously considering utilizing a standard 4 pin trailer harness for each side. With the use of 3m cable clips, should be able to minimize any sloppy wires hanging down as well as supporting the male/female connectors of the harness. Then when I need to remove the bags, simply disconnect the male connector from the female, and voila...bags are removed yet wiring remains solidly connected to both plasma rods and electrical system of the bike. Suggestions?? Problems?? As stated, still in process of accumulating all necessary hardware...plus on vacation in southern North Carolina. This is my Winter project....Ohio sucks for riding usually by December.

Old 10-20-2016, 08:28 AM
jwssgs
Novice

For those that might question the look...plasma rods would hopefully fit between the HD bags and the CV filler panels that I had powder-coated a glossy black to match both her bike and the bags.

Old 10-20-2016, 10:59 AM
sevebou63
Tourer
Received 84 Likes on 66 Posts

So.....will the hard bags fit with Big Radius 2 n 1? Eye balling it looks like the pipe clears it short and below....Is that correct? If not I will be swapping out pipes. Nice winter project. And....if you were able to pull it off, do you have any photos....

Thx

Quick Reply: Fatboy Lo Hard Bag Search