Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Softail Solo Spring Seat.

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2012, 12:45 AM
AKHD
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Trickslim12
Good lookin kit...you better get some pics up as soon as tht bad boy is on!
+1 Please.

Old 02-29-2012, 11:36 AM
Skeezmachine
Stellar HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by rayflo
Skeez, thanks for the input, i don't mind riding without a framecover, but dunno how the guts will react to the elements or water. I figured the bike gets wet since i ride in whatever weather and wash it so i doubt it. Is the framecover for looks only or does it protect anything.
Sorry I never came back to reply to you. I think the cover serves both purposes. Although it is hardly weather tight I believe that allowing direct water contact on a regular basis to things like your fuse box is probably not good. That area stays relatively dry and dirt free on scoot with the use of the frame cover. That has to be better for all those electrical components then exposure. I have seen folks run without it but couldn't tell what if any issues they may have over time.

Hope everything works out!

Old 02-29-2012, 08:18 PM
rayflo
Intermediate

Guys, thanks for the input, i have the 2011 Blackline and the fuel pak is sitting right on top of the ECU since there is not that much room anywhere else. Smokey, I went with the xbones cover, im hoping it works. I don't mind doing some fab to make it work. we will see, it comes in a few days. Ill post pics as well. Dropping some Apes also, however its very limited due to the bike being a new addition to the HD Line. got the burly 16 inch cable, just waiting for the right Apes to come along.

Old 04-12-2012, 05:27 PM
rayflo
Intermediate

Well boys, i have ran the LEDs for quite some time, and not looking to replace my battery, however placing an aftermarket solo seat and pan has proved to be futile. i am considering going with the X bones setup (thx smokey) but i already paid the money for the "one off", made it happen but as all projects go there are problems...mine looks good and works, however it doesn't feel normal. plus i love the brown solo spring look. While I believe that the X bones set up works, a stock brown seat would set off the old skool look that the blackline should have

Old 04-12-2012, 05:56 PM
CSS_FXD
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Sweet seat! Was just looking at those last night. Would love to see this installed too.

Old 04-12-2012, 10:20 PM
klf33
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts

Well, I failed many times trying to install their seats, it requires a lot of work, the funny part is I asked if it would require work and they said no.
I have an old post regarding how bad they lied, and they sent some of their buddies to hound me online, the only times I had to ask help from a moderator on this forum !.
I went with Twin Mfg kit and seats from Ebay and that worked well as you can see here.

And yes, it does require some drilling, but it is all fun as long as I am not being lied to by someone.

Old 04-14-2012, 01:40 PM
rayflo
Intermediate

Originally Posted by CSS_FXD
Sweet seat! Was just looking at those last night. Would love to see this installed too.
I am in the process of uploading the pics from the seat install. Keep you all posted.

Jay

Old 04-14-2012, 02:15 PM
rayflo
Intermediate

Originally Posted by rayflo
I am in the process of uploading the pics from the seat install. Keep you all posted.

Jay
Pics attached.

Jay

Attached Thumbnails Softail Solo Spring Seat.-imag0069.jpg   Softail Solo Spring Seat.-imag0068.jpg   Softail Solo Spring Seat.-imag0070.jpg