Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fatboy Fairing Arrived Last Week

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2012, 01:59 PM
chiefe
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks good Mike looking forward to seeing it on your ride.
Cheers!

Old 03-11-2012, 01:32 PM
jsimmons6703
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alright I bought the fairing from Exotic Body Parts. Now the fun begins.
Looks like it's gonna be the first week of April before it gets to me, but in the mean time.
I wanna get the flare windshield from Klock Werks for it. Which one fits the fairing?
Also how tall should I get?
Thanks again for all the help!

Old 03-11-2012, 07:48 PM
STLFLSTF_Mike
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jsimmons6703
Alright I bought the fairing from Exotic Body Parts. Now the fun begins.
Looks like it's gonna be the first week of April before it gets to me, but in the mean time.
I wanna get the flare windshield from Klock Werks for it. Which one fits the fairing?
Thanks again for all the help!
Hey "J"
I got a Klock Werks Flare Part # 2310-0211 it's a 6.5 inch tint. I'm 5' 8" and I'm not sure but it may be a little tall. It came in after my brackets went to the palters so I haven't had a chance to sit on it with everything mounted properly. I'm checking tomorrow on my brackets (should have been here Friday) I will let you know and send some pics and measurements when it gets here. You got some time if you want to hold off on buying it.
You going to paint it yourself?

Old 03-12-2012, 10:14 AM
jsimmons6703
Cruiser

Sounds like we're on the same page on the windshield, that's the same one I'm looking at. Just not sure if I should go with 6.5 or 8.5. I'm planning on getting a local shop to paint it for me. They paint high end cars so I hope they can handle a fairing. The dealership my cousin works for does a lot of business with them so, they're gonna give me a good price. Said they'd have to see it first though. I can't wait to see pics of yours, April can't come soon enough now..

Old 03-12-2012, 01:45 PM
STLFLSTF_Mike
Road Master

Sounds like we're on the same page on the windshield, that's the same one I'm looking at. Just not sure if I should go with 6.5 or 8.5. I'm planning on getting a local shop to paint it for me. They paint high end cars so I hope they can handle a fairing. The dealership my cousin works for does a lot of business with them so, they're gonna give me a good price. Said they'd have to see it first though. I can't wait to see pics of yours, April can't come soon enough now..

I called the plating house today..........brackets are in the mail. Should be here by tomorrow or Wednesday and the weatherman is predicting a couple nice days so I should be able to tell you something within a few days.

Old 03-13-2012, 08:28 PM
STLFLSTF_Mike
Road Master

The day started out pretty slow........47 degrees at 6:30 when I left for work. Took off a 4:00 it was 81 degrees took the long way home.........really long way. Checked the mail box when I got home, chromed brackets are here! They look great. Thanks to http://www.stlplating.com/! I made some measurements for the windshield. I've pretty much decided that the 3.5 in. tint is the way to go for me. The 6.5 is going to be way to tall. I've also included a pic of the bracket mounting hardware.

Attached Thumbnails Fatboy Fairing Arrived Last Week-level-line.jpg   Fatboy Fairing Arrived Last Week-bracket-pic.jpg  
Old 03-14-2012, 05:00 AM
jsimmons6703
Cruiser

More pics!

Old 04-12-2012, 07:54 PM
STLFLSTF_Mike
Road Master

Finally finished the floors (and other house fix it jobs) so I got some time to spend on my Fairing. I'm still not sure if I want to duplicate (in paint) the blue/gold decals from either the front fender or the tank. The fairing looks.......bare I guess. If I duplicate the fender decal it will run up from the headlight, if I do the tank version it will run along the sides.
I've gone to the dealer to try and buy the decals........no deal, they don't even show them in a parts breakdown....that's why I'm thinking painting.

Now I just wait for a nice long trip so I can enjoy!

Attached Thumbnails Fatboy Fairing Arrived Last Week-p4120024_a.jpg   Fatboy Fairing Arrived Last Week-p4120027_a.jpg   Fatboy Fairing Arrived Last Week-p4120029_a.jpg  
Old 04-12-2012, 08:00 PM
NC D'LUXE
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mike, your bike is looking killer brother!! Maybe you could have the blue painted on instead of the decals?

Old 04-12-2012, 08:05 PM
challutz
Cruiser

just wondering how much you have wrapped up in this fairing project so far ???

Quick Reply: Fatboy Fairing Arrived Last Week