Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fatboy Lo w/ Batwing Fairing??

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2011, 03:47 PM
BearNVa
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fatboy Lo w/ Batwing Fairing??

Does anyone here ride a Fatboy Lo with a batwing fairing? I'm trying to decide on a windsheild or the fairing. I really like the look of the streetglides but I love the feel of my Fatboy Lo. If you have pics of the fairing on your Fatboy Lo would you please post them. It would be much appreciated.

Last edited by BearNVa; 12-05-2011 at 04:11 PM.
Old 12-05-2011, 04:29 PM
XARAN
Stellar HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts

I did not have a Fatboy Lo, but I had a Lowered Fatboy (2" so it was lower than a Lo) and I ran no shield, sport shield or batwing for a few years. A lot of pictures in my albums. IMO they look best without any thing, the classic shield gives the best "classic" HD look but does not provide as much protection as a batwing with the correct size shield.

So it comes down to comfort or looks. In my case I found myself using the batwing more and more and them it almost never came off because of comfort, thats a big reason why I changed to a touring bike.

You need to make the decision its your bike and you need to like the way its set up

Attached Thumbnails Fatboy Lo w/ Batwing Fairing??-3-30-bags-only.jpg   Fatboy Lo w/ Batwing Fairing??-3-30-fairing-bags-side.jpg   Fatboy Lo w/ Batwing Fairing??-3-30-fats-and-bags-side.jpg   Fatboy Lo w/ Batwing Fairing??-3-30-sport-shield-and-bags.jpg   Fatboy Lo w/ Batwing Fairing??-fairing-side-3.1.jpg  

Old 12-05-2011, 04:55 PM
kozy22
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I put a fairing on my deluxe and like it. They are all quick detach so you can take it off in minutes. I thought I'd just go back and forth on and off with it, but it's always on

Old 12-05-2011, 05:27 PM
BearNVa
Road Captain

Xaran do you have any pics from the front with the batwing fairing on? BTW I like it very much...also what seat is that on the fatboy? It looks very comfortable...

Old 12-05-2011, 05:50 PM
mwoodyshek
Cruiser

'03 FatBoy, with Memphis Shades Batwing.

I agree with Xaran, I got it for long highway trips, but now I rarely take it off. You can also see it in my sig pic.

Attached Thumbnails Fatboy Lo w/ Batwing Fairing??-027.jpg   Fatboy Lo w/ Batwing Fairing??-036.jpg   Fatboy Lo w/ Batwing Fairing??-037.jpg  
Old 12-05-2011, 06:17 PM
BearNVa
Road Captain

Very nice... I think I'm gonna get one but I need to paint it Denim Black and paint the headlight outer ring... I really like the windshield Xaran has in his last pic too

Old 12-06-2011, 09:11 AM
Jester750
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have the Memphis Shades Batwing I got at a really good price from American Classic Motors in P.A.
http://www.acmparts.net/searchresult...shades+batwing

They usually sell it cheaper on their e-bay site but if you don't like e-bay then find it on their e-bay site they will honor the price.
I drove 3hrs. there and picked mine up in person.
I used it on my 2010 Fat Boy Lo and I now have transferred it to my 2012 Lo.
It makes a big difference with blocking the wind and making it a more comfortable ride. I had the HD windshield and sold it once I tried this.

I'm 5'8" and use the 6" windshield in the Spring & Fall and extend my winter riding season by using the 12" windshield and a engine guard with Desert Dawgs engine guard chaps. I rode it in to work today.
In the summer I detach it all and ride with the wind in my face.
http://www.desertdawgs.com/motorcycl...tm_campaign=DD

I see HogTunes even make a speaker system for it.

Old 12-06-2011, 12:49 PM
Benway
Elite HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by XARAN
I did not have a Fatboy Lo, but I had a Lowered Fatboy (2" so it was lower than a Lo) and I ran no shield, sport shield or batwing for a few years. A lot of pictures in my albums. IMO they look best without any thing, the classic shield gives the best "classic" HD look but does not provide as much protection as a batwing with the correct size shield.

So it comes down to comfort or looks. In my case I found myself using the batwing more and more and them it almost never came off because of comfort, thats a big reason why I changed to a touring bike.

You need to make the decision its your bike and you need to like the way its set up
Hey, xaran, what bags are you sporting in that first pic?

Old 12-06-2011, 01:56 PM
mwoodyshek
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Benway
Hey, xaran, what bags are you sporting in that first pic?

I know the bags in his last pic are Osprey "Bull Saddlebags", as I bought them off him on ebay last year.

Old 12-07-2011, 05:23 AM
herbie021
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ive got a 2010 Lo with a Memphis Shades batwing on it, love it.

Quick Reply: Fatboy Lo w/ Batwing Fairing??