Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fat Spoke wheel...front only?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2011, 11:38 AM
t stone
Road Master
Received 27 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by bikerlaw
Thanks guys. Honestly, I almost always have bags on the bike like ghostrider mentioned so maybe just doing the front is going to be the option for me.

T-stone, I am still a little worried about DNA wheels. Especially with a Springer. If people were having issues with them on tube front ends I can't imagine they would fair any better on the harder riding Springer forks. Its funny, I never thought I would have to consider price, when shopping for spoke wheels. I always thought ridiculous prices were reserved for custom mags. Times sure have changed.
bikerlaw, The only negative things i have heard about DNA is air leaks at the spokes. I havent heard any thing about the wheel coming apart. Other spoke wheel companies have had leak issues also. I just put tubes and dyna beads in and everything is fine. The wheels are put together clean. They loc tite the spokes in the nipples. Great quality IMO. The only negative is that they take a few weeks to get. I also think the bad stuff you have heard was from a couple years ago. Nothing recent. I think DNA pulled their head out of their *** and started building quality parts.

Stone

Fat Spoke wheel...front only?-sdc11442.jpg

Old 06-01-2011, 11:43 AM
WARG
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I like my DNAs. Would buy them again. No leaks and been running tubeless since December 2009.

Old 06-01-2011, 12:03 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

When I first got my 21 fat spoke I ran it on the front with the stock chrome fatboy rim for a week. All everyone told me was it looked funny although I thought it looked fine. I ahd the rear wheel, jsut ahd not put it on yet. Much better with both, but one is fine.

Drew